Search results

1. LHanson

Is a Variax a must-have guitar?

IDK, I've played at least a hundred gigs with a digital rig, and never heard anything besides "you guys sound great". And none of the ladies offering "sexy" were inflatable. :)
  2. LHanson

Hey, you made the right decision for you and your situation, given the extra information you just supplied. I'll also offer that you might be surprised by the music you've listened to that was made by modeling equipment. I'll not argue the notion that a great tube amp stuffed with a great...
  3. LHanson

You dodged a bullet on that one. :)
  4. LHanson

Where did I tell you to hire a bad player? If you are they type of guy who eyeballs somebody's gear and call "strike 2 and 3" that's also your call, but a bit myopic if he's a good player. I get there's lots of folks that listen with their eyes, and- truth be told, I wouldn't audition with any...
  5. LHanson

Having gigged them for 8 years or so, my story, since Derekd paged me: I had played around with the original POD when it came out. Ran it through a guitar amp, and it sounded like a wet blanket over the amp. Put it away, got my BF Bandmaster recapped, and acquired a Mesa Heartbreaker. Ended up...
  6. LHanson

If he was bad, the guitar wouldn't matter. If he was good, the guitar wouldn't matter.
  7. LHanson

"Ah Leah" - - Donnie Iris

Well, in the video, she looks exactly like a girl I went to HS with. She was, and is, a great singer and songwriter. She's also even more beautiful now, at 56, than she was at 18.
  8. LHanson

what!!!!!!!!!! come on PRS....Who would pay this?

Some judgy folks 'round these parts...
  9. LHanson

Your band plays a song you damn well hate.......what is that Song ?

Shine" kills, every night. We actually graft it onto the end of "Cinnamon Girl". Somebody earlier said it isn't the song, it's the craft. If you put in the time to be convincing, people will love it.
  10. LHanson

Your band plays a song you damn well hate.......what is that Song ?

"Santa Monica". The Everclear version.
  11. LHanson

Ted Nugent: Stranglehold: What Amp?

This:
  12. LHanson

ROSEWOOD news

Or, is the difference between 2017 and 2019 3 years?
  13. LHanson

Explain Richard Thompson to me.

Context is everything; at the point I posted what I posted, the thread was starting to seem like a dogpile to me, and I wanted to point that out. Notice I didn't call anybody out, and Cogan took great pains to explain what he was trying to find out.
  14. LHanson

Not sure why you are dressing me down about this, since you hadn't posted at that point, so I wasn't referring to you. Also don't understand why it took 8 months for you to mention it, and the thread has- since I posted- turned into a very reasonable discussion about RT. I didn't make an untrue...
  15. LHanson

Playing with Joe's last name = Not cool. Disrespectful AF. And I'm not even a fan.
  16. LHanson

Crate vintage club owners

I couldn't stand the gold jeweled knobs on my V32, so it's chicken-headed. I need to fire that beast up.
  17. LHanson

Chicken head knobs next? It would be a Matchless look.
  18. LHanson

Crate V30/V32 Palomino - MODS? Not V33, V18, V50 content.

Very cool, Bob, to see you still at it. I have gone the Helix route, being in a cover band, but maybe I can figure out how to add the Palomino to the rig. The band is about to buy a Bose system that will free up a great deal of trailer space...
  19. LHanson

Fool in the Rain is the WORST Led Zeppelin Song

IMO it does belong in the Sound Hound Lounge.
  20. LHanson

Are we criticizing a fellow musician here? Asking for a friend who knows such behavior is verboten.
  21. LHanson

Crate V30/V32 Palomino - MODS? Not V33, V18, V50 content.

Yeah, I went the Variax/Helix route for my cover band, but the V32 is just waiting to be cranked up with the McCarty. Cheers to Obeid for making such a great amp to a price point, and cheer to Bob for exploring the possibilities.
  22. LHanson

New Mesa Boogie amp: Fillmore 50

Thread tl:dr But, has anybody compared it to a Heartbreaker?
  23. LHanson

Don't have a VC30. I know I put a 12au7 in V1 of a Boogie .50 cal to tame the gain. Perhaps Obeid @OKhan has an opinion, since he worked on the VC circuit.
  24. LHanson

I ran across one many years ago in a pawn shop for $150. Didn't have the cash, came back in a couple of weeks and it was gone.

Trending Topics