Search results

1. Anje

100 vs 50 watt lead circuit difference/best clone for $

Agree with both of your points at the end @Rick Lee ; those old Marshall can get some of the very best clean tones I've ever gotten when using guitar controls & right hand playing dynamics, and 50w / 100w each have their own charms.
  2. Anje

I checked the thread, I understand the OP confirmed the bottom clip is the 1959. Even in this "low-fi" quick recording you/I can hear the less compressed / more open / clearer / tighter tone of the 100w, it's right there in the first 5sec or so. I'd bet it's even more obvious in person in the...
  3. Anje

Sounds like it's the 1959 in that second clip at the bottom (labelled "first" in the name).
  4. Anje

The perfect amp is your finger?

I guess we really need this "finger forum"...:munch
  5. Anje

Another view on that kind of situation IMHO is that you will never really know if that can work or not unless you try it for some time in the real actual situation you plan to use the amp for; so if volume is the only open question and you really liked the amp I'd just go for it and try, worse...
  6. Anje

It's hard to appreciate an other person's particular playing condition contraints without being there in person, especially what your definition of "usable volume" is. My opinion/feeling of that from my experience is that if attenuating too much is a concern, it will be for both types of amps...
  7. Anje

Bogner Ecstasy 3534

That looks like it would make a killer stereo rig.
  8. Anje

Again, if you found the 1959 to be exactly what you were looking for why would you wonder any longer if a 50w would do it and not simply get a Super Lead?
  9. Anje

I mean, if you have played a Super Lead as you said in the original post you should know better than us how that compares to the Friedman for you, in person in the room playing it with your gear. No PPIMV in the Friedman I'm aware of, so that point is irrelevant.
  10. Anje

Agree with you @fusionbear , I've never been a fan of the PPI MV on the old Marshall amps. Still have a great Lead '71 Park 75 that had one installed a long time ago; I almost never use it and just keep it maxed-out.
  11. Anje

I'll second the posts that describe the differences between the 50w & 100w circuits; they do not sound nor especially feel / react to your playing the same, and the 100w always feel/sound quite louder/bigger than the 50w in the same situation. IMHO, if you have played a '69 Super Lead and found...
  12. Anje

Smaller headbox for a 1959 Slp

There's not much room left for a Super Lead chassis in its headshell. The chassis is much bigger than the one of a 50w and takes the whole length of the cab. You may mix the 50w / 100w thing?
  13. Anje

Curious, how does this wear from 18 to 21st fret happen? (Lovely '58 Strat)

Wow quite extreme on that one; yes, comes from the right hand strumming / picking above that area. Those old 50's maple neck strat are such nice looking players.
  14. Anje

Where is the magic?

I would rather have a good old amp head.
  15. Anje

Peavey Classic 60/60 Help

Are you sure you set the HX-Stomp up to line level output? Do you have some other gear with meter you could check the output level of your Line 6 pedal?
  16. Anje

Used Pro Junior or other very budget tube amp?

The Pro is a much simpler straight to the point circuit with better sound & feel to me, very much in the style of the old vintage classic amps. Those amps need to be opened up at a minimum to really sound good, and they are already plenty loud when doing so right from the first few clicks on...
  17. Anje

WTB Late 60's / early 70's Marshall / Park 100w

Thanks Ritualee for the proposal, but as stated above I already have an old '71 Park 75 and am more looking for a 4x EL34 based 100w head for this particular project.
  18. Anje

PCM81 shimmer help

Yes playing with feedback paths can be nice and yield to unique textures, even if can be tricky to control. Actually another thing I was doing is to put the big reverb in front of the cross-feedbacked delayed pitch shifters, which is another way of having the reverb part of the feedback paths...
  19. Anje

PCM81 shimmer help

Some classic shimmer effect can be made inside the PCM81, it's not mandatory to have external feedback loop. There's no definite unique 1 shimmer signal path definition, but the basics are from the Eno / Lanois early days were based on the old AMS 1580 with some cross-feedback loop between its 2...
  20. Anje

Any H3000 users around here still?

My understanding of the H3500 is that it is the ultimate Software evolution of the H3000 (with added sampling board?), same hardware platform so same I/Os sections I would guess. Hardware changes mainly occurred with later series.
  21. Anje

Used Pro Junior or other very budget tube amp?

I've had multiple of them over the years, and have especially gigged 2 for years in a stereo rig (Red III & Relic Tweed). Even used 3 in a compact wet/dry/wet rig for some little time. Best low budget compact amp I've had or played; I'm used to big old 60's / 70's classic vintage amps, and found...
  22. Anje

New stereo/WDW interface from CAE (Bob Bradshaw)!!

We all have different rigs/needs. I don't use guitar pedals / instrument level effects with my Switchblade; the all-buffered I/Os don't work for me in this kind of application (and I don't need the flexible routing in front of my amps). The Switchblade manages the rack gear that is fed by a...
  23. Anje

CAE Line Mixer - What effects should I put in Mix1 and Mix2

You will need additional external switcher to have a "mute dry" function with a standard CAE line mixer, as those usually don't have that feature built in. The dry signal path would need to be handled out of the CAE mixer and use the loop(s) of the external switcher to mute it before mix1...
  24. Anje

New stereo/WDW interface from CAE (Bob Bradshaw)!!

Indeed, the headroom issue is when you're using +4dB line level gear with it, which is what I've been talking about and what I need / use my Switchblade for. I'm not talking about using guitar / instrument level signals here; to manage guitar level pedals/effects in front of your amp there would...

Trending Topics