Search results

1. candid_x

New favorite output tubes! :love:

The only TAD so far that doesn't work for me is their 7025 in V1. I use them in the rest of the appropriate positions but they sound sterile to me in V1. I prefer a Tung Sol there. The 6L6GC (tall) hits harder and has more upper and lower end definition. The WGC (short) has a warmer. sweeter...
  2. candid_x

New favorite output tubes! :love:

Good to hear el34 and el84 both satisfy. I love TAD 6V6, 6L6WGC (short bottle), even the 6L6GC (large bottle) do what they do very well. Thanks for your review.
  3. candid_x

RIP JOHN PRINE

Hallelujah and a hell yeah! I'm privileged to have opened for John in Bellingham, Wa. Had breakfast with him the following morning. He was nursing a hangover with a bloody Mary, telling funny stories. Just a delightful human being, offstage and on. God bless you, man, and thank you.
  4. candid_x

Think for yourself....

Always loved the quarter note triplets in this tune.
  5. candid_x

How to keep cat from scratching speaker cabinet grills?

I'm done repeating myself. You win. They chop off the cat's toes while she runs around squirting blood. She'll never recover. It's inhumane and should be outlawed. More than happy to give it a rest. Y'all do the same now, hear?
  6. candid_x

Weights of semi hollow body guitars ???

Wow, gorgeous! One 339 was near 8 lb, another just over 7 lb.
  7. candid_x

If you folks would like me to stop posting in this thread, stop calling me out. I offered my opinion enough times to either agree or disagree.
  8. candid_x

If you really read it you would have learned that there is no "chopping", no bones are cut through, no pain is felt during the procedure or after a brief recovery, no pressure is placed on it when they use their paw such as standing or jumping, and the digit is minuscule in comparison to a human...
  9. candid_x

Excuse me, two vets. :) Yeah they were, but not once have I responded in kind. Perhaps you've noticed that too? It's not personal, in spite of the rare antagonist who tries to make it so. I patiently continued trying to inform, but information doesn't penetrate a mind already made up.
  10. candid_x

I don't blame you for not wanting to know more than what one trusted vet told you. I only offered, not judging you. As for me insisting I'm right, again, you must have missed the numerous attacks on me personally and my parents for their decision to declaw their cats, then you didn't read it...
  11. candid_x

Read the article. It describes the procedure in detail, including a real cat skeleton and close up sketch. If you really want to know, the info is there, buried beneath dozens of dubious agenda oriented so-called animal rights organization links. Be patient though, it loads rather slowly.
  12. candid_x

He was a vet assistant to help put him through school. He's not even in the business. But you would know that if you read it.
  13. candid_x

Yeah, like you read it all. It's understandable why he eventually took the site down, with all the scamming under the guise of political correctness going on, and the asses masses buying it wholesale.
  14. candid_x

You are ill informed. From one who participated in 100 declawing procedures. I've already posted this but I doubt many here took the time to actually read it. And this.
  15. candid_x

Suhr Riot or Reloaded?

I've had the original since it came out and still dig it.
  16. candid_x

DRRI tremolo noise?

Mine did too. I've read that it's the photo-cell tremolo circuit in a DRRI, as opposed to the bias modulated circuit of the Princeton. My Columbia uses the bias method and there's no hint of a click.
  17. candid_x

I just asked my son about Boots and he said she had her claws. So, my memory failed there. I know I've never had a cat declawed, so a lot of angst here for nada. I still see it as a choice. It worked for my folks AND their rascally cats. Sidenote, the only time I ever saw my dad cry was when his...
  18. candid_x

How did your first band start?

First independent from school system band. We had a standing weekend gig at the Clifton Boy's Club dance. I think I was 14. Lou, the jazz guitarist, was the leader.
  19. candid_x

Anyway, we're just wasting bandwidth here. I'm off to mutilate more cats.
  20. candid_x

Anymore nits to pick?
  21. candid_x

Good for you, son. Good for you.
  22. candid_x

Cat on cat fight is one thing. An abundance of coyotes to fend off is another. Of course my cat would keep its claws. I always keep my gear cased and covered anyway. But with the dogs and horses here, I've no place for a cat.
  23. candid_x

Did you read the rest of that post, like where I said I would not declaw my cat, and the reasons for it?
  24. candid_x

So even these say it's inconclusive. That leaves leaves it up to personal experience, life's best teacher. You follow yours, I'll follow mine.

Trending Topics