Search results

1. D

Wireless Repair

Found a company - Production Wireless (Burbank). Wireless repair is all they do. They said they should have a diagnosis by Monday. Got my fingers crossed
  2. D

Wireless Repair

Was it Centerstaging? If so I called them and they said no citing legal issues....sheesh
  3. D

Wireless Repair

Unfortunately their "amnesty" program giving you a credit on a new unit expired last year. There must be someone on this board that's been down this road or can at least tell me how to open up the receiver belt pack so I can take a look myself. Might be as simple as the antenna has come loose
  4. D

Wireless Repair

Does anyone know who can service a Shure PSM 400 Wireless In Ear system? I contacted Shure but because the unit operates in to 700Mghz - 900Mghz range they will not service it due to FCC regulations. thanks
  5. D

Shure Wireless Repair

Does anyone know who can service a Shure PSM 400 Wireless In Ear system? I contacted Shure but because the unit operates in to 700Mghz - 900Mghz range they will not service these due to FCC regulations.
  6. D

DC Power Supply Question

Wow....! This sounds like its way over my head. I was hoping to take my little A-16D and mount it in a small box with a single power supply with 8 leads to power all of the mixers that each require 18-24VDC at .5A I guess thats why the A-16D pro (shown above) is so much more expensive because...
  7. D

biasing Fender Twin 1990

I've got an original 66 Blacface Twin and I've tried running it a little hotter but ended up liking it best at about 30ma. These amps aren't meant to break up and excel at glassy cleans. Nothing like single colis through a twin....
  8. D

DC Power Supply Question

Yea, the pro model is sweet and doesn't need the hack I'm trying to do. I made a mistake in my previous post. The A16ii mixers are .5 amp not .05. Given Kyle's formula, I would need a 24V / 4amp power supply. What keeps me from frying mixers if all 8 are not plugged in? There must be a way...
  9. D

DC Power Supply Question

The A16-D is a distribution hub that allows everyone in the band to receive their monitor mix from a single point. It also provides that ability to provide phantom power to each band member’s personal mixer eliminating wall warts all over the stage. Here are the actual requirements for...
  10. D

DC Power Supply Question

Not sure if anyone can answer my question here about a mod I want to do to my Aviom A-16d I want to use one DC Power supply to power 8 devices by building an octopus type setup. Each device requires the following: - 24V DC - .05A What voltage / amps do I need for the main power...
  11. D

No Backline

we haven't used amps on stage for about 3 years. Entire band (even the horn section) use IEMs with our own Aviom monitoring system I run direct to FOH stereo out from my AxeFX. We played a huge gig at the Kodak Theater last year with a sound company that runs sound for Elton John at large...
  12. D

AxeFx vs Kemper

A very subjective topic to say the least. Reminds of a never ending thread long ago of who could nail the tone of Politician. Went on for months......
  13. D

New AxeFX 8.0 and still no Axe Edit

Well it's 2013, V10 firmware is near and still no Axe Edit. Horrible......
  14. D

For the record, I'm fully aware that AE will do the firmware update quite adequately. Updating is not the problem - it's editing pesets that many users claim causes presets to become corrupt. Maybe someday I'll become a fanboy and it won't bother me that firmware releases drop every month...
  15. D

It's the horror stories of preset corruption that keeps me from migrating to 8.0. I simply can't take the risk with gigs every week. Even if its only a few people that its happened to, I can't chance it. Am I trolling?.....no. Am I pissed?.....yes
  16. D

V9.0 right around the corner and still no axe edit ..........
  17. D

Fanboy effect is quite interesting......
  18. D

I don't mean to sound like a whining little bitch, but I'm stuck at version 6 and gassing for version 8. I wish they would burn some midnight oil getting the editor released. The AxeFX is an amazing piece of gear and you would think at this stage, firmware upgrades would only marginaly improve...
  19. D

Editing is one thing.....file management is quite another. Had I known AxeEdit wouldn't be supported, I may have rethought my purchase.
  20. D

Cant edit on a 3 inch LCD and now another firmware release I can't download:bitch:bitch
  21. D

Keep my Axe-FX Standard and add a Kemper or replace the Standard with an Axe-FX 2?

I owned an Ultra and loved it. Like many others, I got swept up in hype about the Axe II and bought one. In hind sight, the Ultra offered everything I needed and I probably should have kept it. Is the II better? Yes but only marginally. It's the theory of diminishing returns. Another issue I...
  22. D

My Kemper Journey: Epilogue

Excellent review and as unbiased as I've seen! As one who is easily distracted by shiny objects, I must admit, the KPA looked good. I'm not a habitual tweaker so the "up an running out of the box" looked appealing. For me, The AFII has been vexing at times especially due to the steep learning...
  23. D

Need Advice How to buy an Axe FX II

Cool. I sent mine July 26 so I must be getting close:D
  24. D

Why do I own tube amps?

Investment reasons for me. I've got a bunch of vintage Fender amps lying around not getting played that keep appreciating. My house is depreciating but my vintage Fender's and Chevy's keep going up.......go figure? I cant imagine playing live with anything but my AxeFx

Trending Topics