1. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Thanks Brother! Hope all is well!! ~R~
  2. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

:rockin
  3. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Gotcha!! Always a pleasure chatting with you and have a great weekend!!
  4. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Here is my Attempt to post some audio clips in hopes to separate tone with Technique. Here are a few examples of different tones. http://tonefinder.com/files/85-Blowyurnose.mp3 http://tonefinder.com/files/13-6-test.mp3...
  5. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Thanks Scott! That is basically what I was saying though. I was trying to get people to separate the tone from the technique or playing. Your comment is pretty much what I was going for... It's Ed's tone with me playing. I wasn't trying to sound like Ed Stylistically, I was trying to sound like...
  6. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

I didn't come here to piss anyone off especially you Scott LOL but his sound on his early albums was just as much about the amp/gear as it was his technique. When I read posts like this I think there is some confusion about tone vs technique. EVH's Marshall tone is way different then his new...
  7. G

played the Fuchs Mantis!

I did some clips of the amp when it was the Fuch's Frost. and Id be willing to bet that the newer model is even better! I love Andy to death and not only is he a great guy but he builds some amazing amps. Here are the clips I made when it was the frost. The amp had 6550's tubes in it...
  8. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

That is fantastic! \m/
  9. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

The particular Variac that Mike put into the amp is almost likea combination of power scaling and a variac in that you can take the volume all the way down to a whisper volume / off. It works like the Power scaling that is used in the YJM amp but theone in my amp also affects the sound like a...
  10. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Thanks Brother! How ya been? Hope all is well! Thanks so much! Id have to ask Mike hahaha! I will actually and get back to you :) We lift up our hearts! Thanks so much! Jb I asked Mike to make me a super marshall and he did just that. It actually has 2 i/p's. 1 i/p is a really good...
  11. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

To be honest with you, I'm not really sure. Id have to ask Mike! I agree with you 100% add that, a specific trannsformer and a variac and you are good to go IMHO I'll Point JTM622 to this and maybe that will clear up my "more to it comment" in my original post :rotflmao You look like a...
  12. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

LOL, :rotflmao I mean this with no disrespect but We will have to agree to disagree. If that statement was true and it was that easy then logic would have it that we would have heard that tone on many and I mean many recordings. We also would have heard it on the Gene Simmons VH demo where EVH...
  13. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

LOL! Thanks. It's most definitely a fun amp to play! Cheers!
  14. G

THE Marshall -- EVH

Well I'll add to this just for fun since I've always loved Ed's Tone and I've done a ton of experimenting over the years. Just a few observations and you can take it for what it's worth because these are my findings. When these guys say that the amp was bone stock I think it's safe to say that...
  15. G

Marshall JVM 410 Replacement

Wassup! I have a few different cabs loaded with different speakers so that I can get different tones. I have 2 marshall cabs from the 80's. One is loaded with Greenback re-issues from the early 90's and the other loaded with 70'th anni G12h30's. Then I have 2 front loaded earcandy 2x12 cabs...
  16. G

Marshall JVM 410 Replacement

What cabinet are you using with your JVM and what speakers are loaded in it? Most people overlook that the speakers/cab you use will account for 50 percent of your tone IMHO. Ive had people ready to sell their amps back out once they have played them through my cabs. it makes a HUGE difference...
  17. G

Marshall YJM: who owns or has played one?

I also forgot to mention that these amps sound great with the internal booster but they also work really well with other boosters/pedals and they added bonus is that you can use the amps built in gate to kill the noise added form the pedal.
  18. G

Marshall YJM: who owns or has played one?

They are fantastic amps that Cover a lot of ground and I think the weird reviews of the amps are what has held these amps back a bit along with YJM's name being attached to it. What I mean is that as soon as you hear YJM name some people think that is the only tone it can do which is not the...
  19. G

YJM or real plexi

Thanks and You are very welcome ! With that said, I think that you are going to love that amp!!! all the best! ~R~
  20. G

YJM or real plexi

Like someone else already pointed out I think that some people get hung up on the YJM name. I think the YJM is a fantastic amp and with some tweaking you can easily get most if not all the sounds that you want. You could easily go another route and get yourself either a marshall clone or an...
  21. G

Bought a JVM410H...looking for the right cabinet now

I use a recto 2x12 loaded with v30's with my JVM210h in my coverband and it sounds killer IMHO. With that said, I think the JVM plays nice with just about every speaker Ive thrown at it.
  22. G

JVM 410H - Short Review

:D:beer
  23. G

JVM 410H - Short Review

I agree that the price increase stinks for sure. The good thing is that they can be had pretty cheap used. They can most definitely be lost in a mix if you set them up wrong and I agree that an older Marshall seems to cut regardless of where you set them hahaha. I love the tone that I get out of...
  24. G

JVM 410H - Short Review

They definitely varied earlier on NO DOUBT. The Newer ones have been very consistent lately. (knock on wood!!!!) With that said, I can get them to work for what I want them to do but I know a lot of people who just don't dig them! It's all good!!! Hope all is well!!
  25. G

JVM 410H - Short Review

Yeah, It's misleading. The only thing that you can save is the Channel/Mode, Reverb, FX loop and master volume. It wont remember your tone settings like where your treble,mid ,bass ETC ETC nor does it remember your volumes . You have to set them up to where you like them. It would be great if...

Trending Topics