Search results

1. jcshirke

FS Ibanez JS1200

Mint/near-mint Ibanez JS1200. Has hung on a wall pretty much its whole life. $1,050 + shipping in CONUS
  2. jcshirke

FS Boss DR-880 Drum Machine

Boss DR-880 drum machine with power supply and manual. $220 + shipping in CONUS
  3. jcshirke

FS FS: Rocktron Patchmate Floor 8

As new/unused Rocktron Patchmate 8 Floor unit for sale. $220 PP/Shipped in CONUS
  4. jcshirke

Celestion Cream Alnicos Break In Time

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the super early stages of getting to know the speakers and how this particular amp sounds through them. Looking forward to tweaking in the days to come.
  5. jcshirke

I figured...but I still thought it was funny--and, of course, entirely appropriate!
  6. jcshirke

Cream bootlegs. I see what you did there. Nicely played. Thanks to everyone for the input. Much appreciated! My hope is that the high end gets tamed a little, and they sound a little stiff, but I may need to fiddle with my amp settings when it comes to the treble, particularly on the lead channel.
  7. jcshirke

Any idea what the break in time is for Celestion Cream Alnicos? They sound nice in my cab right out of the box. Just curious what I can expect and after roughly how many playing hours.
  8. jcshirke

Worst voiced tube amp you've played (longer than in a store)

Worst voiced and most incompetently built: Louis Electrics. I was shocked/saddened to learn how poorly made they are.
  9. jcshirke

Any Heritage love?

I have two. An H555 and H535. Both are great. I'm really wanting an H530--or some version of a hollow P-90, in any case.
  10. jcshirke

NGD: Heritage H-530 H530

Are you still digging this guitar? I can't afford *any* guitar right now, but I was about to start a new thread asking if a Collings I-30 is $2500+ better than a Heritage 530. I can't imagine that it is. Do you have any regrets at all about your purchase? I have a H535 and H555, and both are...
  11. jcshirke

Single Pure Nickel Strings?

I was tuning up a Strat after adjusting the truss rod, and my G string snapped right at the tuning peg. The strings were still pretty new, too.
  12. jcshirke

Interesting how my bone-head question turned into something productive. It's the next logical question, for sure. "Okay, so if only the wound strings are pure nickel, does that mean all the plain strings are created equal?" You guys have at it...I'll pick up the crumbs.
  13. jcshirke

Thanks...I just learned something new.
  14. jcshirke

To part 1 of your response--cool, thanks. Maybe I can call tomorrow. But... To part 2: If what you said about the pure nickel only applying to the wound strings is true, then I guess any high E, B, or G string will do as replacements.
  15. jcshirke

I'd like to buy a few extra single strings in case one breaks (which, of course, happened earlier today--hence the post), but I can only find wound strings. I can't find pure nickel .10, .13, or .17 gauge single strings to save my life. Why does Ernie Ball/Curt Mangan sell single strings for the...
  16. jcshirke

Rick Beato goes off on YouTube video blocking...

Beato is part of the solution. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to say.
  17. jcshirke

Rick Beato goes off on YouTube video blocking...

Really? I've learned a lot from every one I've watched. Shrug.
  18. jcshirke

TC Electronic Alter Ego X4 Part II

You went through all the Flashback Toneprints?
  19. jcshirke

Sold Strymon Mobius and Timeline

sorry. Private message. Wrong f'in window was open.
  20. jcshirke

Worst voiced tube amp you've played (longer than in a store)

Louis Electric KR12, among others of his
  21. jcshirke

Strymon Volante alters dry tone?

You can read my comment on YouTube. I'm not even clear about what he's comparing.
  22. jcshirke

Strymon Volante alters dry tone?

I watched the video, and I'm not sure exactly what that person is testing. Is the issue whether the pedal changes the tone when it's bypassed?
  23. jcshirke

Cannot Believe Eric Johnson's '54 Strat 'Virginia' is on Reverb....

Sweetwater has the Custom Shop version of Virginia selling for 9K. Ef right off, Fender. That's outrageous.
  24. jcshirke

TC Electronic Flashback 2 Volume Problem

Did you ever solve your issue?
  25. jcshirke

Line 6 HX effects vs. Strymon

I wish Line 6 would make an HX version of the old M5. That might be all I need.

Trending Topics