Search results

1. alanfc

GFS Parts/Electronics - Good value or you get what you pay for?

Hello...so I have in my hands a GFS humbucker , and a wiring question. I figured the fans of GFS are the best to ask for this. It is a single Power Rails humbucker to go into a telecaster hybrid. One pickup, no splitting. I'm used to changing pickups all over but both the GFS labelling and the...
  2. alanfc

Opinions on the 2010 Gibson Nighthawk

I came to this thread after seeing a new one, with the straight bridge pickup position....so it has changed. Sounds like there are some other changes too! Is it natural to assume the old slanted position made the low wound strings sound too loose? And that the new position is an improvement ...
  3. alanfc

The Bassist is long gone, the session long over, the Pitch, SHARP

This was all amateur, so yes. Likely at home
  4. alanfc

I am going to work closely on the smallest level I can on single notes that disturb me, avoiding smearing the whole performance I hope.
  5. alanfc

I know that in recording guitar, what is the toughest is keeping the lively feel while sitting down, minding my grip, my pick... It sounds like this fella stood up and banged away like it was live. In theory sure we love the energy....but there is nothing "un-rocknroll" about sitting down and...
  6. alanfc

Well yes there is some charm --but the shame is that the playing and the feel are excellent!
  7. alanfc

re: The Bassist is long gone, the session long over, the Pitch, SHARP Hello- are there any remedies to pitch problems with a Bass performance? The bassist in this case sounds like he has jumbo frets, light strings, a kung fu grip, and 5 espressos in him.... The Melodyne I use for...
  8. alanfc

Wilkinson Les Paul Junior wraparound bridge option

hello- Has anyone tried this one Wilkinson? A very flat profile, I am interested. http://www.guitarfetish.com/zoomify.asp?catalogid=892&img=assets/images/products/wiliadinwrbr.jpg Right now I have the GFS imitation of the Bada*s. While it's nice to intonate, its profile is high and large...
  9. alanfc

Converting standard LP Tail + Bridge into Wraparound

these still look pretty high.... i may have wasted everyones time here.!! But they do look lower than my current standard http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/alanfc/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-1954-Goldtop-Reissue.jpg...
  10. alanfc

Thanks indeed I did this for a bit but it was too loose for me! But it was an experiment to see what everybody was talking about, more than solving my obsession The more I think about it, and look closely at Wraptail (is that the right name for it?) Beck/Goldtop, etc... i think my reasoning...
  11. alanfc

I am prepared for this labor, the sound and feel may be worth it
  12. alanfc

(In reply to Rod) My reason is that I love the live sound and ease of use on the fretting hand of LP while lead singing, but after quite a few years have still not gotten used to the whole gnarly bridge apparatus under my picking hand. I have about 25+ years on the flat deck of Strat and Tele ...
  13. alanfc

I was thinking of trying this on a copy backup, Converting standard LP Tail + Bridge setup into a one-piece Wraparound like a Beck Oxblood type. Is this even possible ? Thanks:bow
  14. alanfc

My first build

This may sound like too easy an answer but the last couple part-casters have been through various e-bay sellers. I have no woodworking skills and no real work space other than my lap on the couch-- On my latest one, the neck was the most expensive part so I suppose that was my Splurge. (HAD to...
  15. alanfc

Hagstrom Super Swede

Hi anyone ! how do they achieve the longer scale, compared to Les Paul for example.. With a neck mounted differently, or a longer neck? or by setting the bridge itself back further? thanks
  16. alanfc

Marshall solid state 1986 "vintage" question

Ok thanks. The speakers are wired from inside the metal amp casing to the speakers, no jack. It will be fine as a 2x12, I will make through practice tonight alright
  17. alanfc

Marshall solid state 1986 "vintage" question

hello- I have this 50-watt Marshall 5212 (2x12 combo) from the 80's that I need to use for rehearsal tonight while my main amp is in the shop. I searched the net for a long while and could not find anything on the "D.I." jack, for use into an external cab. I was thinking of plugging it into my...
  18. alanfc

Joe Strummer Telecaster

I have bumped this because I would like to know, since I am on the hunt for 7.25 radius, vintage fret, rosewood board. I think my choices are few and far between! I know the Strummer, and 60's classics have those specs, and I believe the Japanese'62 does too. But anyone else that has played...
  19. alanfc

Tele Deluxe, Custom, 3-bolt, body-neck straight swap?

Ohh thank you Boris I'm glad I asked.. Looks like I'll be buying a custom and modding for humbucker in bridge. After giving the single coil a good month's tryout
  20. alanfc

Tele Deluxe, Custom, 3-bolt, body-neck straight swap?

I know I've been through so many Deluxe, Custom, 3-bolt threads, and cannot find.... Is a straight neck swap possible between these two? Want to use a Deluxe body with 2 humbucker , 3-bolt neck pocket and a Custom neck with its 3-bolt neck ? Maybe so obvious that there are no posts asking...

Trending Topics