Search results

1. J

need help with a good starter turntable setup

Rega planer 2 - rega brio r @50w per channel and some high sensitivity speakers? Maybe something with a horn? A decent 100w per channel amp will run you out of budget unless you don’t mind regular consumer products in that case a large plain Yamaha amp may do it
  2. J

High res media players for a Mac

Thankyou all very much for your advice/reply’s - much appreciated
  3. J

I’m using an Apollo interface to Mac - Apollo has sends to my active Yamaha speakers—- the Apollo can do the 24/192 thing - it has a good dac—-I listen to albums as well on my studio computer in that room——-as for the Linn that’s just running my analogue gear and cdp in another room - I’ll use...
  4. J

Where’s the best place to buy the 24/192 albums?? Then once I’ve purchased an album it downloads to the Mac/iTunes 1st or I can choose it to go into Vox medial player?? Thank you I’m naive
  5. J

Do you order music off their site? Or is it another site you download music off and use audirvana purely as a media player??? J
  6. J

Hi - I’m new to this so thought I’d ask - I’ve got a Linn hifi in living room for the Turntable —- I’ve also got a Mac in my studio for digital listening - I have been thinking about downloading a hi res media player and ordering some 24/192 music on it. What’s the best media player to...
  7. J

PSA: New Suhr SE100 UAD plugin

That’s exactly exactly what I said —- it’s amazing
  8. J

Integrated amp with minimal inputs

Yes - just looked at the Sphinx v2 and the cronus
  9. J

Integrated amp with minimal inputs

Currently looking to replace my aging Linn pretek/Powertek combo -(sounds congested and weak - doesn’t like busy music ) I would like an amp with an awesome phono stage and 1/2 line inputs - real minimalist amp - I use a Rega p1 TT and Kef q300 speakers - listen to hard rock predominantly
  10. J

57 Classic's -Overly bright bridge, Overly dark neck. Alternative pickups?

I'm a few years behind on this post but just read it ------ I have 57s in my custom shop plain top - love the 57 but it's peircingly too bright even with the original 300k pots - I had an EMerson kit installed and for $90 ( price of some pedals or close) it really opened up my guitar and was...
  11. J

Marshall 2555 jubilee channel 1 problem

Swapped pre tubes - no change - and whilst I was playing the volume dipped down and back up a bit
  12. J

Marshall 2555 jubilee channel 1 problem

Question for Jube owners or techs of Marshall ---- I have a black 2555 Marshall jubilee -the overdrive channel sounds phenomenal but when I click on the clean channel it only sometimes sounds like it should - most of the time the clean is flat and a tad fizzy -defiantly not its normal self --...
  13. J

Marshall guys...Jubilee question.

I got a black 2555 with 6550s in it - the low end is massive /wide through my greenback 4x12
  14. J

Universal Disc players....Oppo or Cambridge?

I'm in a similar boat - don't play any analogue on the downstairs rig- thinking of getting the oppo - hooking direct to my poweramp - use the oppo for a preamp/ cd player / DVD player / dac for external device----- $1300 ain't bad considering what it is amd what all the separates would cost you...
  15. J

Any dudes rocking Kefs?

Kef q300 in an old linn rig - superb - low end is amazing if the recording has plenty
  16. J

Quadraphonic?

I'm under the impression that a cheap receiver won't handle a 4ohm load--- I could be wrong---- ??????
  17. J

Club gigging with Marshall 1987x using pedals?

I play marshalls - when I need a smaller amp I use my vox ac30 exactly the same way I use my Marshall with the inputs jumped - have it on edge and use an OCD - its almost the same deal but more useable for small stages
  18. J

The 2555x Silver Jubilee is a BEAST!!!!!

Me too - Mine has 6550's in it - play it through a Bognor 4x12 with greenbacks - dynamite !
  19. J

Taking guitar on delta airlines international

I'm goin to England in April and bringing a Gibson les Paul back with me from my house-- my question is - if I put it in a gig bag will it fit above in the compartment -- I'm allowed 45 linear inches for the compartment (105 l" for carry on -where they take it)-or how safe is it if I hand it in...
  20. J

The things I don't like about my 2204

Hafta agree -- your driving a Ferrari around downtown in circles - should be on the turnpike full gas! Preamp on 6/7 with a boost to suit and volume up past 11 o'clock - greenback speakers (low sens) help to keep volume low so you hafta turn up some more------
  21. J

Lower prices on Marshall Silver Jubilee

I recently purchased my old black 2555 from 1988 back from a friend after a 15 departure-- in that time I've owned a SLO,XTC,Wizard blah blah blah ect - all top class stuff - hands down this 2555 is killing it - cant believe I sold it previously--through a bogner greenback 4x12 it's doin it ...
  22. J

Help me build a stereo

Your the only other guy I've seen that owns a pretek -I own the pretek and powertek -hows the power amp you run? Any better than the powertek ?
  23. J

Musicians Are Probably Smarter Than Non Musicians

I'm a complete idiot big time ---- been playin 35 yr quite well --
  24. J

Help me build a stereo

But wouldn't large speakers be better off in a large room -- if you had a small living room some stand mounts would be better - kef ain't crap

Trending Topics