Search results

1. big mike

What's Your Favorite Signature Model? (post pics or else)

Wa Was waiting for that :p
  2. big mike

Speaker cable with black and white

Sorry wasn’t trying to be a smart ass just was leaving The tip goes to tip of jack and usually the shortest contact The ground or sleeve contact is usually the one that has the stain relief clamp that bends over and holds the cable on
  3. big mike

Time to start googling or watching YouTube
  4. big mike

Unscrew both covers of the jack at each end, see with color goes to the tip and sleeve. Could always use a continuity checker as well.
  5. big mike

Could be wired either way, Check both ends. Usually the black is negative but you can’t assume
  6. big mike

And yeah Grissom
  7. big mike

The one that haunts me Wish I’d have jumped on a red one several times
  8. big mike

How to brighten EMGs?

Thanks for the correction, absolutely right
  9. big mike

How to brighten EMGs?

Pots are huge. If your using The wrong ones it’s a big issue With tone. Emg use 10k. Way different than the stock 250 or 500k That could be the problem
  10. big mike

Socal Thorn on Ebay

Yep if you play acoustic it’s a little strange Plugged in and under gain especially notes just don’t smear together Makes it have a grand piano quality
  11. big mike

Goodbye Thorn Guitars - hello Fender Custom Shop.

Stoked and proud for you. Couldn’t be more exited to see what comes next out of the cs. you elevate the bar with each new instrument. much love my brother
  12. big mike

How would you make this bland black guitar prettier?

Knew that was coming :p
  13. big mike

NGD: PRS DGT

Well I’ve had many many many. And none of the new ones have needed a thing been through at least 8 new ones I’d not more in my gear slutdom. my cu22 probably needs a refret now
  14. big mike

Show Your McInturff Carolina!

Beautiful Enjoy!!
  15. big mike

Swart Vs. other 5e3's?

I’d really like to get some time on an AST or pro. 5e3 never really sat well with me. Preferred the improved versions, Greer underdog, tungsten
  16. big mike

Swart Vs. other 5e3's?

Yeah the Scumback Scumnico would absolutely chime harder and have that airy Alnico thing. M75 is my favorite speaker all time but have been considering the ‘Nico for my cam 18 cab
  17. big mike

Your favorite Tele Neck pickup?

Don mare s-telly for traditional Thorn gt90 stapletop Duncan Seth lover Duncan sm3 firebird
  18. big mike

BC Rich - ngd for those who think BCR is over the hill

No one attacked anyone. I didn’t throw the comment out, you get to own it. Tapping out. This is exactly why I quit being a mod and really don’t participate much anymore. Enjoy
  19. big mike

Apparently we did not know exactly what you meant. Perhaps more than a throwaway comment that comes off badly next time. Words are important I have the same argument with guys over the Japanese built James Tyler guitars. Extremely hard to tell them apart. Phenomenal instruments.
  20. big mike

Yeah cuz only Americans make good guitars? Have you seen what a 50s style mim strat goes for now?
  21. big mike

Killer stuff I’ve known the CEO for over 25 years and he’s a great player and guy. Wish them the best Me I want a slash style mockingbird
  22. big mike

What was the "good wood" era?

The wood was much more behaved in the 90s. Frankly now it’s borderline delinquent and a bit of a S stirrer. It really needs more attention and may be acting out
  23. big mike

Pickups Similar To The PRS Grissom?

Bridge is really good imo (id put money on them being A4) But I needed the neck to be hotter. Jazz neck and 59bridge with A3 were a better fit in mine for my style
  24. big mike

Pickups Similar To The PRS Grissom?

Weird.

Trending Topics