Search results

1. Jon Silberman

In the USA do you think talent is regional?

What are your samples' distributions and sizes? In New England, how many states did you live and jam regularly in? How many cities in each state? Same for the Southwest? My point, I trust, is obvious.
  2. Jon Silberman

Grateful Dead inside joke

I saw that, too. Good think the Dead don't literally make you dead!
  3. Jon Silberman

Mod Large headstock to small headstock??

When it changes your neck’s tone or sustain and/or adds dead spots, please don’t share your new problem with it. Guess that shows my recommendation!
  4. Jon Silberman

I don't get Grateful Dead. Really.

When Jazz Legend Ornette Coleman Joined the Grateful Dead Onstage for Some Epic Improvisational Jams: Hear a 1993 Recording [T]he “breakthrough moment for Rock-Jazz relations” arrived when Miles Davis “developed a Jazz/Rock hybrid called Fusion.” Davis’ Bitches Brew had much crossover appeal...
  5. Jon Silberman

BC Rich - ngd for those who think BCR is over the hill

I was just on the BC Rich website. Apparently they've retired the "Bich" name and are instead now calling the guitars simply "B's." Understandable in today's world. https://bcrich.com/series/legacy/
  6. Jon Silberman

YouTube Ads Are Out Of Control

If I sign up for it using my iPhone's YouTube app, will I also be able to use the Premium service on my other devices for the same one price?
  7. Jon Silberman

Some people fear the Dead. This may explain it:
  8. Jon Silberman

"To best understand what makes Garcia’s guitar playing so unique, it helps to start with what it sidesteps: though it drew from blues and R&B, his guitar approach left a few traditional elements out of the equation, he didn’t play from that well-worn feral, sexual place that traditional blues...
  9. Jon Silberman

@eddie101, curious, have you learned anything from this thread?
  10. Jon Silberman

Favorite "Two Songs in One" Tunes

And the best part is I was in the audience for this show. :cool:
  11. Jon Silberman

COVID cancellation: was I being unreasonable

As I'm also a Jon S, I want everyone to know that I am not from the Sick side of the family. :p
  12. Jon Silberman

Fender Customs - Why so many relics?

I wonder about this. I wonder if it's not the case that many of the relic'ed guitars are ones that had finish problems to start with and it was cheaper for Fender, in the end, to scratch and gouge them further up than to fix them to look correctly new again. Maybe this is because I...
  13. Jon Silberman

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

If truth is an absolute defense to snarkiness, sws1 is home free.
  14. Jon Silberman

Steve Vais new look? (Cut his hair, and grew a beard)

My wife does! But a man must do what a man must do. :p
  15. Jon Silberman

Steve Vais new look? (Cut his hair, and grew a beard)

Everyone raves over Vai's new look. But does anyone even notice Silberman's? NOOOOOOOO.
  16. Jon Silberman

The Weight | Featuring Ringo Starr and Robbie Robertson | Playing For Change | Song Around The World

Obviously! But fortunately, in this case, the topic you repeated is kick-ass excellent so all's well that ends well. :) :beer
  17. Jon Silberman

The Weight | Featuring Ringo Starr and Robbie Robertson | Playing For Change | Song Around The World

I hope 3's the charm. ;) https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-weight.2132274/ https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-weight-by-playing-for-change-featuring-robbie-robertson-ringo.2081349/
  18. Jon Silberman

Based on the content and direction of this thread, I believe we should each of us take a breath now and recall the wisdom of the late, great, Ruth Bader Ginsberg: “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
  19. Jon Silberman

Average Joe, you did the right thing for the right reasons. Facing the disapprobation of people you thought were your friends for it is a bummer but trust yourself and stay strong.
  20. Jon Silberman

Slow down...you move too fast....

I prefer Senorita Cucaracha:
  21. Jon Silberman

Best outdoor arm-less bar stools (or other tall chairs) for guitarists?

That won't be a problem, for me, for acoustic guitar porch strumming. :)
  22. Jon Silberman

Best outdoor arm-less bar stools (or other tall chairs) for guitarists?

Not sure if this is the best section to post my question in but, anyway, any suggestions?
  23. Jon Silberman

What is the most technically difficut Zep song

All I can say is, on Monday, I finally tuned my LP to DADGAD and learned Kashmir. Now I'm ready next for Gsus4 tuning and Rain Song!
  24. Jon Silberman

Grissom says the HX Stomp sounds more “digital” than M9?

Personally, I find this thread interesting and informative. Sure, there’s also some of the usual TGP bickering and hair-splitting but the signal-to-noise ratio remains high. I also find it reassuring. For so long, I’ve resisted “upgrading” from my M13 because it flat out works for me and I like...

Trending Topics