Search results

1. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

True. It looks exactly as I would expect it to.
  2. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

Someone on here has a pic of a Matchless DC30 that was set between a vehicle and equipment trailer, and then forgotten about. It was dragged for the entire trip home, face down IIRC.
  3. dangeroso

Murphy’s lab AMPS here!

I think I can smell that Pro Reverb just by looking at the pic.
  4. dangeroso

The perfect crunch sound?

To me, crunch is a factor of just-beyond-breakup distortion on a tone that is very low mid heavy with a solid (not squishy) bottom end. And the mids are the differentiator in my opinion. Obviously there are a lot of amps that get there, but my favorite is the Bogner Helios 100.
  5. dangeroso

Set list disagreements

Original music? Do whatever you want. One of the things I love about Phish is that there is no predetermined setlist. Even the first song is discussed after they hit the stage, right before they launch into it. For cover music, I think it's smart to have an opener and have songs that cluster...
  6. dangeroso

“Factory sealed and we won’t open it”

What's this factory seal that we are talking about? The tape on the box?
  7. dangeroso

Amp etiquette question: Is it appropriate to post gut shots of boutique amps?

Dumb question maybe, but what is the point of the interior amp pic anyway? Do you guys know a lot about the components, or is it more of a cool aesthetic thing? Do people post shots of pedal interiors?
  8. dangeroso

John Mayer Sob Rock

There's some really good stuff here. Wild Blue and I Guess I Just Feel Like are good tracks.
  9. dangeroso

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

"Feel A Whole Lot Better" on Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever "Do You Think I Really Care" unreleased from Some Girls
  10. dangeroso

John Mayer Sob Rock

That's interesting. I think The Search for Everything was way better than Continuum. Haven't had a chance to listen to Sob Rock yet.
  11. dangeroso

Can't gig with my 20 watt head. What am I missing?

I’m shocked how many people apparently play gigs without a PA. It’s not even about volume as much as it is about sound distribution and mix.
  12. dangeroso

Can't gig with my 20 watt head. What am I missing?

Answered in Post 2. Mic your amp. Know any singers that sing in a band without a mic?
  13. dangeroso

Bo Burnham: Inside (a Covid Era Comedy Special on Netflix)

Good comedy is full of truth. This stuff is really good. Speaking of truth:
  14. dangeroso

Question for Charvel DK24 HSH Owners

The one that stood out was the single isolated coil in position one. It sounded very Strat like. The others were just slight variations. It was cool to have but probably not worth the effort, honestly.
  15. dangeroso

Question for Charvel DK24 HSH Owners

If I recall correctly, the factory coil split is in positions 2 and 4 of the 5 way switch and is a combination of split coil paired with the middle single coil. The aftermarket coil tap gives an isolated neck split on position 1 and an isolated bridge on position 5. Then it gives a bridge/neck...
  16. dangeroso

Bands where the guitarist is the least recognizable or least cool member

Neil Peart is significantly more well known than Alex Lifeson. Maybe just not in your circles.
  17. dangeroso

I think you are overthinking it. Step outside of the guitarist circle and most people would find those guys to be the least recognizable people in their bands. Which does not have anything to do with their contributions or their talent. Sting not being as successful has nothing to do with his...
  18. dangeroso

You can be least cool and still pretty cool, no?
  19. dangeroso

Help me listen to Van Halen

Strongly disagree. In fact, I'd say that DLR was more a critical part of VH than Eddie was. Eat Em and Smile is a way better album than 5150 to that point.
  20. dangeroso

I'm excluding bands with multiple guitarists, but this is my quick list: Motley Crue Rush The Police Others?
  21. dangeroso

Gibson now sells...

Artificially aged, overpriced T-Shirts as well as guitars: https://www.gibson.com/Gear/Aviator-Nation/GA-AN-TUCHR Brand consistency, I suppose.
  22. dangeroso

Amps that quietly faded into obscurity.

Crate Amps were big among budget shredders for about 45 minutes around 1989.
  23. dangeroso

Amps that quietly faded into obscurity.

Rebranded as Rola Amps. Same builder though. https://www.rolaamps.store/shop
  24. dangeroso

Fraling Big Singles or Lollar El Rayos?

Lollar El Rayo is my go to for Telecaster neck pickup. It works great in a neck position, but I'm not sure I would use it in a bridge.
  25. dangeroso

Reverb "buyers" who won't take no for an answer - what do you do?

Minority opinion, but allowing offers opens the door to this nonsense. I set a fair price but it's always fixed. I've never had a problem selling things that way.