Search results

1. Stressfest

Albums where all songs were awesome!!

King's X - Gretchen
  2. Stressfest

What's the king of Tape Delay emulation?

Cornish TES but for the more sensible with their cash Skreddy gets my vote. I have BED and had the strymon offering and a TES. Something magical going on in the mod section of that skrecho..
  3. Stressfest

nothing wrong here, move along

Never used them. Always used a couple of big washers between the strap and button to stop the strap from popping off.. downside being same strap for quite a few years
  4. Stressfest

Set-Up Experts - Going from 9s to 10s

My string gauges are all over the shop.. 10’s on my strat, 11’s on my gretsch falcon, 10’s on my les pauls down half step,which in theory make them akin to 9’s I guess.. 13’s in my acoustic.. 16’s on the reso. Never had any issues in terms of nut slotting, just truss rod relief and intonation...
  5. Stressfest

Has anyone elses wife...

I’ve been a incredibly lucky. Having not been able to gig due to sustaining a workplace injury several years ago. To keep my spirits up and motivate me she has bought several instruments along the road to recover, white falcon, landau strat.. I feel very blessed in that regard.
  6. Stressfest

Disappointing experience at Chicago Music Exchange

I do most of my shopping online due to my topographic location, very limited choices here. My usual approach is to whittle my choices down to a few instruments and then email. Whoever gives me the best service and more importantly comes across with the right attitude, gets the sale generally...
  7. Stressfest

Limited Edition Pedal Flippers are Dumb

How much for the box only..
  8. Stressfest

What is your favorite analog delay?

Another vote for AD-900 here. Pretty much my always on delay with any amp, vintage or modern. Sits exactly where it needs to in terms of EQ.
  9. Stressfest

This has to be a joke

At least the next time I buy a pedal without a box, I know who to blame.
  10. Stressfest

Landgraff Overdrive - had one for testing...

I bought the whole slew of pedals from John when he were alive, LDO, M’OD, clean boost and fuzz bomb, wah. All incredible. To my ears, not only some of the best sounding clones of their reflective circuits, but the construction was second to none.. the wiring, component choice and all wrapped up...
  11. Stressfest

Are you a “one guitar” or “more guitars” guy?

Used to have a few more than I do now but currently have a R7 and R9 les paul, 68 landau strat, gretsch white falcon and my beloved wife has bought me a national o style 14 for my 50th, next wed.
  12. Stressfest

Guitars with no personality

Personality is in the player, not the instrument. As long as they deliver the haunting mids..
  13. Stressfest

PRS Private Stock: why so expensive?

All fun and games until someone knocks a mic stand into it.. Been there, it sucks.
  14. Stressfest

What Guitar Picks do you Really Like?

Long time Delrin 2mm player, 15 years or so I guess.. but been slipping off the wagon and really enjoying 2.5mm Chicken Picks Badazz... They don't have the plink a lot of the others I've tried seem to suffer from.
  15. Stressfest

Way Huge / Joe Bonamassa Penny Saver

This just really makes me want to get another SCH-1..
  16. Stressfest

Show your pedalboard: 2021

Great pedal. Would love to find another myself, seem rarer that klon teeth these days..
  17. Stressfest

NGD - Gretsch White Falcon G6136T-62 LTD

I threw 10's on mine, had it set up by my luthier.. Never used a Bigsby before i bought the instrument and was a little unsure about setting up the trem. Fantastic guitar, one of my favourites :D
  18. Stressfest

Your favorite Legato player

Kerry King of Slayer Or Holdsworth.. it's a toss up. :banana
  19. Stressfest

NGD - Gretsch White Falcon G6136T-62 LTD

Sweet!! I play a Falcon myself.. killer guitar!! :D Enjoy \o/
  20. Stressfest

What’s your “why isn’t this pedal more popular?!!!” pedal?

Treble Booster, pick a flavour.. I still prefer them over a straight up overdrive.
  21. Stressfest

Comment on my tone, please!

Clearly haven't been listening to Eric Johnson, use Duracell batteries!! Seriously though, very early Vai tone there. Very cool..
  22. Stressfest

NPD Maxon SD-9

That's the key, Landau and Henderson.. barely on is the sweet spot for mine.
  23. Stressfest

NPD Maxon SD-9

Unavailable except for the used market.. and not a cheap option. As for the modded versions, definitely a good option for a more usable tone circuit but for my needs, stock is perfect.
  24. Stressfest

Does gigging when you're old even make sense?

Just become a youtube sensation and forget about the heavy graft. Money for Nothing and your chicks online..