Search results

1. for sale

for sale

2. S

Los Angeles Based Instrument/Accessories Companies

Hello! I am hoping to pick the brains of some members here who might be able to help me out. I am considering a move from New York out to sunny Los Angeles and would like to find a job working for an instrument or musical accessories company. Think along the lines of Ernie Ball, D'Addario...
  3. S

65 London 112 picking up radio signal

Happy weekend TGPer's. My 65 London 112 has been picking up radio stations lately. I assumed it was a microphonic EF86 but I just did the tapping run down, and all of the tubes are fine. I've done a bunch of searches on this and it seems like it COULD be one of many things, but since the 65...
  4. S

New York based companies?

Good evening! I have a random question and I'm not quite sure if this is the right part of TGP to post it or not. I'm curious what gear companies are based in the NYC area. I know that Aguilar is in Manhattan, and Sadowsky is in Long Island City, but what else is based in the area? Guitars...
  5. S

Weird Electic Current Sound in Dano Strat

You don't sound like a jerk, don't worry! I asked a question and you gave the answer...can't ask for more than that. Dan emailed me back as well saying the same thing. I guess I just notice it more in this guitar...I have another Strat (fender one), a Dano Tele and a G0 LP and just never...
  6. S

Weird Electic Current Sound in Dano Strat

Got a quick question for everyone. I'm noticing a weird hissing/hum from my Dano Strat, and it isn't single coil hum, and it only happens when I am not touching the strings. For example, When I am in the neck position, I hear the single coil hum, but when I am in position 2, I do not...as...
  7. S

Mogami Platinum Sale?

Good morning! I am interested in picking up some Mogami Platinum cables to upgrade from my current set up of George L's and Lava Coil cables...I would love to find them on sale though. I know PGS has a 15% off sale, however they are all sold out of the Platinum 12 foot cables. Does anyone...
  8. S

Help with my 65 London 212

thanks guys! I had a feeling thats what it was. I bought a bunch of tubes from Doug at Dougs Tubes a while back, I just can't remember if I have another EF86 or not...I'll check when I am back in my studio and do a swap. Luckily, I never really use the Vox side...every time I do, I realize...
  9. S

Help with my 65 London 212

Good afternoon! Last night I noticed something a little troubling with my London, however I don't know nearly enough about amps to self diagnose and being in NYC and not having a car, it is very hard to take it in to have someone look at it. I play out of the "marshall" side 99% of the time...
  10. S

Boost Pedal after Timmy? Katana?

Ive thought about using the Timmy as my boost...however it is just so perfect for that light crunch rhythm.
  11. S

Boost Pedal after Timmy? Katana?

Howdy, My gear: Danocaster tele with Humbucker in the neck going into a 65 London 1x12 or Carr Rambler (usually the 65). I have a lot of pedals, but lately I have been using just guitar into amp for most stuff, and using my Timmy pedal for light dirt. For solos I need something that can take...
  12. S

Pickups for SG 61 RI

To be a little more specific, this is ideally something we could get ASAP and not have to wait until finding a good deal on used or vintage. Recording in a month so I would love to be able to get them within a week easily. Thanks!
  13. S

Pickups for SG 61 RI

Would the Low Wind Lollar Imperials sound good in an SG or is the output too low? I have one in the neck of my Danocaster Humbucker Tele and love it...not sure how it would translate in an SG
  14. S

Pickups for SG 61 RI

I am sure there are tons of posts on this already, however it will not let me search for the term SG since it is too short. My buddy has a 61 RI SG and is considering changing the pickups to something with a little more clarity and chime when clean, but that can still rock when cranked. What...
  15. S

Polish for G0?

Are there certain guitar polishes that cannot be used with the VOS finish on the G0's? Is there one that people prefer on historic LP's? Thanks!
  16. S

warmoth yes, Musikraft yes, USACG?

Nothing but love for my USACG neck which I put on my 50th Anniversary Strat. It's fantastic!
  17. S

Another Blackface Champ question

Now to complicate (i love this stuff) things even more, there is a 1962 Gretsch 6150T for sale in the emporium, however the guy is local for me so I can go tonight to check it out...Ive heard great things about them, and it seems to be all original. The collectors value of these is a side note...
  18. S

Converting Champ to grounded plug...

Its a 66 champ, not vibro. he said all is original but just told me that the grill is a replacement. does that knock the value down?
  19. S

Another Blackface Champ question

I have been posting a couple questions regarding champs lately, so I apologize if this is overkill. I am about to look at a 66 Champ tonight, where everything is original except for the grill cloth. Guy wants $400 for it, and I am going to need a 3 prong cord added, and not sure about the caps...
  20. S

Thank you guys. From what he tells me (I am seeing the amp in person tonight), it is all original. Is there maintenance that is likely going to be needed if it is all original? How will I know if the caps or resisters need replacing? Just want to make sure I pay a fair price for it if...
  21. S

What is a fair price for someone to charge to change an original plug on a blackface champ to a grounded 3 prong one?
  22. S

Help with this vibrochamp please!

Another question for ya'll! This is more just out of curiosity than anything else. So in looking at pictures of other vibrochamps, I notice that the top back panel is different on some... Some top back panels have edges that go up, like here...
  23. S

So at first I was upset because I got something that was different than advertised, but now that I'm playing it, it really does sound nice...very clean and warm, or at least as warm as my ash strat gets...looking forward to trying it out with my LP and the Reverend Custom Slingshot I just got...
  24. S

another thing to add...with my 50th anniversary strat, I can't get the amp to break up much, even with everything at 10...is that just a product of the single coils? Or maybe the Jensen speaker? I want this to be able to break up when pushed and its not right now...
  25. S

Def still sounds good, not as warm as a 66 I played the other day though at GC (they wanted $1050 for it...riiiiiight) I've been playing phone tag with the guy I bought it from, but one thing I can tell is I'm pretty sure he wasn't tricking me, he was just very misinformed. I might keep it...