Search results

1. T

Looking for a "fun" pedal to get lots of creative sounds from...what's yours?

Octapussy. Lots of fun and strange sounds happen when this pedal is on. And with a good delay, it’s weird fest.
  2. T

Saw Billie Eilish last night

The more I listen to her album, the more I admire it. It's really deep. Complex and simple. If you remove the bass, you can hear so many details happening. She made a great job with her bro and a very limited gear, but tons of talent. I don't care about seeing her on stage, though. Or maybe...
  3. T

I have an iPad with the free version of Garageband. Where do I start?

I'd say : forget the interface for now. Start by learning the app. It's a box of tricks which is waaay more powerful and complex that it seems. I really dig the Music Memos app, which is pretty well implemented in GB for iOS : start a rough idea on Memos, turn on the automatic drums & bass...
  4. T

Positive Grid Spark Oh Yeah.

True, nothing clear about the app : is it a lifetime service or a subscription plan ?
  5. T

Matchless SC-30 for home use

The only thing that rattles with my Matchless is... the room itself. Joke aside, I’d be sorry to see this thread derailing by off-topic comments. Playing on a Matchless or a Boss Katana is not the same experience at all, and though I sincerely think Matchless amps are not for bedroom players 1...
  6. T

Sold 2018 Ronin Mirari - UK/EU sale

So is it sold ?
  7. T

Though I share your opinion regarding volume, it’s a fact that a good loud amp sound better that a little one, especially with crunch sounds, because it adds the bass that lacks in tiny amps which can sound harsh. You just can’t get certain sounds at low volume, and I don’t speak of high gain...
  8. T

Well, in fact loudness is part of the Matchless magic. When you disable the master, the windows and everything else in the room start to shake. Then you get the most crazy clean sound of the galaxy. Add the right pedal or preamp and you have better high gain sound than any amp on earth. But it...
  9. T

Maybe smaller Matchless ? Or just a head with an OX ? I have 6V6 Bruno head which is way better to play at moderate volume, but it won’t do the Matchless thing. Nothing compares to the dynamic of a Matchless and the build quality is unrivalled.
  10. T

I have a King Cobra 2x12 combo (basically a DC30 with EL34). It’s a brutal amp and it can be dangerous for your ears, even with the master on. I played it for years in a large bedroom, feeling too much sound pressure to play for hours. I recently put it in my living room and it’s better now...
  11. T

Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE owners thread: Experience, biases, amps, tones, settings, stacking etc.

I haven’t decided yet if my amp (Matchless King Cobra) really needs the Revival. The pedal covers the same territory than the amp. I’m sure the RD is great with Fender-style amps. So I’ll wait a while before deciding to keep it or not.
  12. T

Govan & Sheehan - Cause We've Ended as Lovers

Maybe GG just forgot that half part of the music is... silence. That’s why I really dig Jeff Beck who lets you breath an imagine what’s not played.
  13. T

Yeah, it’s not a note for note cover, Lettieri adds something of its own, which is particularly difficult on a classic.
  14. T

Mark Lettieri’s take on this classic is great : That’s all the difference between a great technician and a great musician. I’ve always admired Guthrie technique, but I’ve never bought any music from him.
  15. T

Simple vs complex amps

My Matchless King Cobra is the simplest amp I've had. Though it won't cover the same territories as, let's say a VH4, it's the most versatile amp I've ever played, and I've played a bunch. 3 knobs (volume/tone/master) and everything from clean to crunch. I just add pedals to get more gain. For...
  16. T

Questions for VW Royal Overdrive Owners

@martjn : I totally agree with you about crispness, especially on the silicon mode. The RD reminds me the Vemuram Jan Ray in that register, but even more refined. About D*** tones, I was noodling this afternoon with my Nocaster on the valve mode, I just turned down the volume and the tone...
  17. T

Empress Echo System Dual Engine Delay **update w/clips**

I don't care about the screen, but more the lack of standard MIDI or USB ports.
  18. T

I'd say if you want to have a full interface, you need a multi effect like the L6 HX with the hand-free setup.
  19. T

Have you tried the Echolution Pro ? The pots have leds and there's an editor. It's at least as good as the Echosystem. And those two guys are above the Nemesis (to me).
  20. T

The preset function on the Empress is quite easy to handle. You only need the manual to understand the basics and the different modes under each delay engine. Then you quickly choose maybe 3 or 4 delay types which are really useful (I still wonder what kind of ‘music’ one can do with ultra weird...
  21. T

Mmm, I'm not sure an editor is really useful with a delay pedal. There's an editor for the Pigtronix and the Nemesis, but I never felt it was a big plus. The overall layout of the knobs and the logic behind it is way more important. For example, I never bonded with the Nemesis. The Echosystem is...
  22. T

Received yesterday. Complex machine indeed, the learning curve will be long. I’ll see if it’s on par (sound wise) with the E2P in my book. About unwanted distortion, I noticed that the Echolution had some kind of on certain settings... About the lack of screen and overall ergonomics, if it...