Search results

1. G

Apple discontinues the iPod classic

And I couldn't agree with you more. And by the time I get ready for something new, who knows what will be on the horizon.
  2. G

Apple discontinues the iPod classic

I've thoroughly enjoyed my I pod classic ( the one with the wheel) I've never had any trouble with it and I listen to it just about every day. I've only had to replace the original headphones for an upgrade. For backup I have a Magnavox mp3 player, which I've had for five years now, as long as...
  3. G

Band Member Who Reads Lyrics During a Gig

When Aerosmith was on VH1 Classic, recently their live show in Japan on stage shots you could see teleprompters with the lyrics scrolling on them.
  4. G

Greatest "Yeah" in Rock n Roll

Don Brewer of Grand Funk Railroad in " Can You Do It" Steven Tyler's yeahs in "Let The Music Do The Talking" Yello "Oh Yeah"
  5. G

Any of you guys just get tired of heavy (metal) music?

I'm 54 and the heaviest metal I listen to is Motorhead, as a whole I've never really been a heavy metal fan to begin with.
  6. G

Can your fave band be summed up with 5 songs?

Are You Ready Closer To Home We're An American Band The Locomotion Bad Time
  7. G

Top 5 most important American bands?

Grand Funk Railroad Aerosmith KISS (the original, Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter) The Doors Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
  8. G

Song that makes you...

For me anything by Grand Funk Railroad, particularly "Closer To Home " Ryan Adams, "Chains Of Love" always gives a lump in my throat as well.
  9. G

Name your heroes

Mark Farner Buddy Rich Freddie King And like so many others, my list is endless as well.
  10. G

AC/DC Drummer Confirms Band Will Tour

I loved Chris Slades drumming when he was " filling " in for Phil a lot more than I did Simon Wright. But Phil is the backbone of AC/DC .
  11. G

Your favourite AC/DC album

Back In Black and I've been an AC/DC fan ever since.
  12. G

Ginger Baker Is 75

Happy Birthday.
  13. G

Best "Best Of" Classic Rock CDs?

Mark,Don,and Mel 1969-1971
  14. G

How did you choose your screen name?

After my favorite band Grand Funk Railroad, for which I've been a loyal fan for 43 years now.
  15. G

Who would you put in your top 5 greatest American rock bands ever?

My 5 favorite American Bands in order: Grand Funk Railroad Aerosmith KISS The Doors Lynyryd Skynyryd
  16. G

Lynyrd Skynyrd

NOW! This is the group I grew up with and came to love. The other incarnations, I think I'll pass, Nothing beats the original!:bowAnd lets not forget Bob Burns as well, their original drummer,
  17. G

Bands you love ALL of their music?

Grand Funk Railroad Buddy Rich Motorhead Miles Davis
  18. G

Top 3 most played songs on your iPod

We're An American Band-Grand Funk Railroad Sassy Strut-Buddy Rich That's The Trouble With Never- Van Halen
  19. G

The Greatest American Rock Band....

And a BIG THANK-YOU! to you my friend!
  20. G

Weird mistakes in studio songs that were never fixed ......

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but on Aerosmiths Rocks LP you can hear a door open and shut, just before they play Combination, and Grand Funk's Shinin' ON you can hear Don Brewer say "suck it" at the end of Please Me.
  21. G

The Greatest American Rock Band....

:bowI've been a Grand Funk Railroad fan ever since I first heard their "LIVE" album in the summer of 1971 while visiting my cousin on a family vacation, so that's about 42 years now!
  22. G

who was the best trumpet player?

For me, Miles Davis, hands down! Al Hirt, I grew up listening to my parents albums of him, and I've been a fan of his ever since. Louis Armstrong, 'nuf ced.
  23. G

What are teens listening to these days?

I like yours sons choices of Junior Kimbrough and RL Burnside, I've been a fan of theirs for years, I live in Alabama and my parents are from the northern part of Mississippi where RL and Junior grew up and lived.
  24. G

Quotes from live tracks or albums .... guess the band and album.

"This is the last song of the set, ...Hey!! F^&*$%'n OH!!! It's been a long set ya know?...B--------!!!!!
  25. G

Quotes from live tracks or albums .... guess the band and album.

Right now we're going to take a step back, and we're going to dedicate this song. We're going to dedicate this song to everyone, who is putti'n that funky smell into the air. ********!!! why don't you blow some up this way!! Donnie Brewer!, Yeah!! He's our ass-kicker!!