Search results

1. C

What’s the ultimate Tweed style pedal platform amp?

I get great results from a Tweed Pro.
  2. C

Staple p90 vs tele?

I agree with the previous post. I'll go as far as saying that I don't think that staple pickups sound like P90s. Bigger sound for lack of a better word.
  3. C

P90's vs. Single Coils

Not really. I can assume you mean Strat pickups but Teles are different and what about Dynasonics etc?
  4. C

Anyone played the 'wrong' guitar for years?

I started playing in 1979. Bought my first electric guitar in 1980. Bought a Gibson Les Paul Special DC RI in 2013. It only took 34 years to find the right guitar for me.
  5. C

Kinglsey Minstrel: how do you use yours live?

I've been using Kingsley pedals live for years and haven't had any problems. I don't have a Minstrel so I can't help with exact settings but I try to eq my dirty tone as close to my clean tone as possible.
  6. C

Stacking two Pages vs Harlot

Currently running a Harlot into a Page on my board. On the very rare occasion that both are on I'm getting an excellent metal tone.
  7. C

Do you use just one pedal and your guitar volume?

Sometimes. When I do it's a Kingsley Jester.
  8. C

Broadcaster or Vintage ‘54 for Page Tele Tones?

I don't think you have to go crazy finding the right Tele for Page tones mainly because they are very varied throughout his career. Amp choices are important and a Tone Bender MKII for fuzz tones are more important than specific pickups and fretboard materials.
  9. C

My guitar cured itself, but how?

Some people can bend spoons with their minds. Maybe you have the gift. Other than that I got nothing.
  10. C

How do you tell a good strat from a bad or meh strat?

I've had a love/hate relationship with my Strat for 25 years and it finally responds the way I want it to. That said, it pairs with different gear than my other guitars do.
  11. C

AM Sunface as only dirt

First off they're great pedals! If it does everything you need dirt to do there is no reason to use anything else.
  12. C

Kingsley Pedal Questions

I believe it's direct sales only.
  13. C

Optimizing a Strat or Tele for a Thick, Rich Sound

Please don't shoot me for what I'm about to say. Thick and rich are two adjectives that don't come to mind when I think of a Strat. That said, Strat players tend to thicken their tones by using pedals with extra mids like a Klon or Tubescreamer. My vote is to build a typical Strat and beef it up...
  14. C

Ross Phaser - alternatives?

If that's the sound you're after my guess is nothing else will do. Either fix it or buy another one and get the true bypass mod.
  15. C

Talk me into your favorite Gretsch (Panther/6120/Falcon)

Yes Dynasonics all the way!
  16. C

Combo that EATS pedals in the 20-30 watts range. ( loves fuzz and dirt )

If 2x10 is what you're after then a Tweed Super sounds like a no brainer to me. Victoria is a good place to start. I have a Metroamp 50 watt and a Tweed Pro and whatever pedal sounds great in one sounds just as great in the other. A little dirtier in the Tweed however.
  17. C

Overdrive for folks who don't like overdrive pedals?

I would try to get what you're looking for by using a compressor with a blend knob, that is only if you're getting enough od from your amp.
  18. C

I need just one Overdrive pedal...

I was going to say a Kingsley Page for light to moderate od tones. In reality you can't go wrong with any Kingsley pedal. Look at them all and go for the one you think best suits your needs.
  19. C

Tonebender Clone

Page used a Tone Bender MKII with a Tele and various amps while he was in The Yardbirds. The MKII iz only used on 3 songs on LZI with a Tele and Supro. If you're after other Page tones it's best to look elsewhere.
  20. C

The Kingsley Pedal Club

Into the instrument input. My main amp is a Tweed Pro so the pedal function in place of an amp's dirty channels.
  21. C

The Kingsley Pedal Club

Page & Harlot on the board. Jester for emergency backup in case the board goes down on gig and a Jouster for home use.
  22. C

Victoria Amp model questions...

I use a Tweed Pro and the 35115 will do what you are looking for. If it's too clean put a 12AX7 in V1, too dirty use a 5751. Jumping the channels will give you more options.
  23. C

12 string electric strings

I think the reason why flat wounds work so well is that they don't produce overtones like round wounds do, creating a nicer separation between the octaves.
  24. C

Les Paul Clean Tone

Humbucker clean tones doesn't do it for me. I'll go with P-90 cleans any day of the week.