Search results

1. Shark21

Longest anyone has waited on a build?

No real consolation that some have waited longer than just a few days shy of five years...
  2. Shark21

PRS Archon 25 or Mesa Rectoverb 25?

I swapped V1 on the Archon 25 with a 12AT7 new old stock Phillips tube. The amp is just fabulous now. Less gain on the lead channel which lowered the noise floor considerably (not entirely) and the clean channel is just fabulous. If you have the stock speaker, lose it. Celestion 65wt...
  3. Shark21

Drive pedals to compliment Archon

I'm using a Lovepedal Purple Plexi through the front on the clean channel. Sounds great!
  4. Shark21

FS 2002 Baker B1 #612

These are seriously righteous guitars.
  5. Shark21

FS 2018 McNaught VSC Diamond Top

Must be a really good GTO...
  6. Shark21

New footage from The Who 1982

The first drummer I played with told me that the new guy in the Who didn't use the right drums. He was talking about the toms. Not sure he played the same kick either.
  7. Shark21

My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

No idea, but I'm guessing there are still plenty of people that don't have their guitars.
  8. Shark21

My Echopark Guitars Nightmare

Wow. One hundred seventy pages. Some would call it excessive. I call it "cover" for guy's like Ian Anderson...
  9. Shark21

Any new, small builders from last 2-3 years you’ve take a chance on and won?

Paolo Sulci at Sonic Guitars in Italy built me this Flying V. It's incredible.
  10. Shark21

My first custom build since the "Other" Flying V...

Okay, so tonight I took the Vee to practice. First, we played "Big Shot" by Billy Joel. I won't lie. I use a Headrush Pedalboard and as many FRFR (full range flat response) cabs as I need. For practice, I just use a Line 6 PowerCab 1x12. It has some really good IR's in it that work well in...
  11. Shark21

The wait for my Frank Brothers Signature begins...

I hope you take this the right way, but every choice on this guitar wouldn't be my first choice. But I don't think I could design a guitar that impressed me more. It's just stunning. I know, from previous "reviews", that they play and sound great. I just think this isn't just a home run...
  12. Shark21

Favourite Boutique Les Paul Style Guitars?

I have a "thing" for Robin Avalons. They aren't made anymore, but I hear Dave will build you one for a price...
  13. Shark21

Okay, so the guitar arrived. It was wrapped like a mummy in tape and plastic. I think Paolo must have been worried they were going to submerge it! Biggest pain in the ass to unbox ever, but God works that way with me! I know. I know. No religion or politics... The guitar is very, very...
  14. Shark21

Thanks. I'm not ate up with every minute detail of a fifties being present. I'm a player. From what another TGP'r told me, his is a monster.
  15. Shark21

No, it's a production line of one!:confused:
  16. Shark21

It's in Orlando. At my office by 4:30pm tomorrow.
  17. Shark21

So, let me see if I can get this straight. You're so worried about the lacquer on this guitar (that you will never play or see in person) that you find it pivotal to the conversation in my thread. Here's an idea. How about I let you know, if it's a piece of **** and the paint sucks. You're...
  18. Shark21

FedEx is clearing it through customs. They wanted to know the type of wood/woods used in the construction. I told them solid Limba. She asked if there were any veneers. I said no. I guess the fretboard could be considered "veneer", but that's not how I define the term. Should be here on...
  19. Shark21

If he waited three or four more weeks, I'm not sure it would be "Well Done"..;)
  20. Shark21

Yeah, you don't like it. So?
  21. Shark21

Title Edit: Kauer Banshee Build - ARRIVED!!

Such a killer guitar. I love my Kauer's.
  22. Shark21

Now, FedEx says Wednesday...
  23. Shark21

Longest anyone has waited on a build?

I commissioned an aged '58 Flying V "replica" from Paolo Sulci at Sonic Guitars in Italy on 05/13/2020. It will arive on Monday. For those of you keeping score, that's 33 days from order to completion. I think it's no leap to figure that he has most of the woodworking done before he lists...
  24. Shark21

It will be here on Monday... Next, the matching Explorer.

Trending Topics