Search results

1. Steeltoe

Class D amps opinions

Over on the Klipsch Forum, they confirm that the Model 30 is indeed class D.
  2. Steeltoe

Class D amps opinions

Marantz just released their new class D integrated amp, the Model 30. And it comes in Silver! I would consider it if I didn't recently purchase a new Yamaha A S2200. Model 30 integrated along with SACD 30n.
  3. Steeltoe

Anyone build offset guitars with set necks and 25" or 25.5" scale lengths?

Grosh Electrajet is 25.5 scale. Edit: Whoops...it's a bolt on.
  4. Steeltoe

I'll admit it, I'm a Bose fan.

I regularly enter very expensive homes (and mansions) in my area as part of my profession. I rarely see 2 channel hi fi systems set up, and if so, it's even more rare to find higher end components. I have been in thousands of homes, and have only seen tube stereo twice. I saw Klipschorns once. I...
  5. Steeltoe

Subjective tone assessment of course. Low wind Lollars in my new I35 LC.

I have a City Limits with Throbaks. I had to lower them a bit, they were just too loud. Tone wise, no complaints. Also have an I-35LC with Lollar standard Imperials. I much prefer these over the Throbaks, but that likely has to do the with differences in guitar construction. I also have Low wind...
  6. Steeltoe

Upgrading hi-fi stuff

https://upscaleaudio.com/ Upscale Audio in La Verne is another good source. Kevin Deal has a lot of great videos to demonstrate and explain different products. However, I bought my system before I knew of them. I have a bit less than 7k into mine, but I bought my speakers used (but mint)...
  7. Steeltoe

Single bridge pickup, solid body guitars...what is there to choose from?

Collings 290S. Not cheap, but you would not be disappointed in any way.
  8. Steeltoe

Baritone Build

Don Grosh builds an awesome bari that is the same length as a regular guitar. 18 frets, 28.5 scale. This is mine in Mary Kay Shell Pink.
  9. Steeltoe

Are Klipsh still any good?

I have Chorus II's from '95, with Crites crossovers and Ti tweeter diaphragms. Powered by a new Yamaha A S2200 integrated. Mine have the Tractrix midrange horn, which smooths out the mids (and the alleged shoutiness). The rear passive radiator really was the ace up PWK's sleeve. I haven't had a...
  10. Steeltoe

Tidal fans?

True, they don't have everything out there. But I have found tracks I really like, that I was not really looking for, just came across somehow. Like when a track finishes, and Tidal follows up with something along the same vein. It is kind of a musical adventure; what's my next keeper find? I...
  11. Steeltoe

Tidal fans?

I am really enjoying Tidal streaming lately! Almost any music you can think of is there, uncompressed and ultra high quality. I save tracks and albums I like to my favorites lists. I have a fine hi-fi system (Yamaha A S2200 integrated amp > Yamaha CD S2100 SACD/DAC > Klipsch Chorus II speakers...
  12. Steeltoe

The Eagles on ESPN...Who’s watching?

Timmy Schmidt gave a kind shout out to his predecessor, Randy Meisner. Very nice. Too bad Stu Smith can't do the same for his predecessor, Don Felder. Anyhow, a very solid performance, I enjoyed it.
  13. Steeltoe

Grosh NOS Retro S incoming!

Congrats! Fellow Groshaholic here. Did you buy new or pre-owned?
  14. Steeltoe

Since Cornwall IV's were mentioned...is it live, or is it Klipsch?
  15. Steeltoe

I ordered the Heritage Headphone Amp from Sweetwater. They are backordered, due to the virus/lockdowns disrupting the supply chain. But, they expect to start production again when possible. So...I just plug them straight in to my Marantz 2245 stereophones jack. It works perfectly! I sometimes...
  16. Steeltoe

I got the Golden Oak. They are incredible! They come in an elegant wood/glass presentation box, with a stand too. I got mine from Uncrate Supply, 15% off for a new customer, first time user. I haven't used good headphones in a very long time, and the privacy aspect is very useful, if you live...
  17. Steeltoe

Need help with speaker cable!

affordhifi.com James will fix you up at a reasonable cost. But did you try loosening up the nuts on the ends of the banana plugs? Maybe they will go in deeper, then tighten them up again.
  18. Steeltoe

007 Theme songs/movie soundtracks - your favorite?

I just love this John Barry composition, the main theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It kills on my home 2 channel stereo system (Klipsch Chorus II's-Marantz 2245-Yamaha CD-S2100 w/DAC). The deep bass, strings, horns (with a bass trombone), and dynamics are fantastic. I have been...
  19. Steeltoe

I lieu of shelling out major coin for new Cornwall IV's, I ordered their Heritage HP 3 headphones. They should arrive in a couple of days. I hope they will be like Klipschorns in my ears. They are not cheap $$$. PWK was god, and their Heritage products are perfect! Love my Chorus II's! Guess I...
  20. Steeltoe

Tom Jones, where does he fall for you?

The Voice! I believe Thunderball was his first breakthru song, from 1964. My favorite is Help Yourself. I remember his TV show "This Is TOM" from 1969, he is a great showman, lotsa swagger. He would never let a guest artist sing alone though, he always had to join in. If Sinatra was the top solo...
  21. Steeltoe

Carl Wilson

Carl's first solo vocal in 1965.
  22. Steeltoe

Reviving a Marantz 2275 - 6300 Turntable - 5030b Casette Deck

Congrats on your fine job! I just got my 2245 back from being serviced...it needed a new volume pot, and replaced the old push in speaker terminals with banana jacks. My '95 Klipsch Chorus II speakers were getting lonesome while it was in the shop. First tune I listened to was "Ski Run" by John...
  23. Steeltoe

if I'm really gonna go all-in analog . . .

Nice tuner! What is it paired with?
  24. Steeltoe

Let's talk Joe Walsh

Wolf by Joe Walsh I Don't Have The Time - The James Gang

Trending Topics