• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

Yep, it fits. Mine has a Bigsby too.
  2. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

I ended up going with a Silver Creek Vintage Archtop Hollowbody Guitar Case. It fits pretty snug - no sliding around. I know that it'll break in, but so far, I'd highly recommend it.
  3. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

@northstar6000 when I was in Guitar Center, I tried it in 2 different 335 cases and they were either too short or the bouts wouldn't fit the offset dimensions. Do you know which brand your case is?
  4. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

Hey @wi3465, is this the case you got for it??? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/epiphone-335-hardshell-guitar-case
  5. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

I'm gonna bump this topic. Still looking for an ideal case.
  6. philwing

Case for Starcaster???

I just bought one of the reissued Starcasters. It doesn't come with a case though (or even a gigbag, for that matter.) Anybody figured out what kind of cases work well with Starcasters? Please, share your wisdom with me! I'd like to get a hardshell for it ASAP.
  7. philwing

Anyone get a Polytune II yet?

Polytunes (original and 2) have a unique true bypass circuit that makes a little pop every time it is turned on. http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/20968651-pedal-pops-when-turned-on This is no issue on an electric board that has it hooked to the tuner bypass of a volume pedal, but it is...
  8. philwing

Tuner conundrum

I just got the Polytune 2...it does the same popping as the TurboTuner with the acoustic setup. It has to do with the type of true bypass circuit they use. I'm taking mine back because of it. I'm thinking I may go back to the standard Boss TU-3.
  9. philwing

Best speaker for a 1x12 cab & small wattage amp?

My Shaw single 18 is a mix of an AC15 and a Carmen Ghia. I'd like a little more headroom. I like greenbacks but they break up a little quickly for my amp. I'd like it to be able to handle pretty diverse sounds: church stuff, rock, blues, etc
  10. philwing

Best speaker for a 1x12 cab & small wattage amp?

I am having a 1x12 cab built and need to figure out what speaker to put in it. I play a Tele Deluxe through a Shaw Single 18 head. I have been thinking either a G12h30 or a V30. What say you?
  11. philwing

Tim question

I've tried multiple cables and multiple power sources. I use Monster cables and it's powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 +. It is normally in a signal chain (volume, fuzz, Tim, FD2, El Cap, BlueSky, amp) but I have tried it by itself as well. I got a message from Paul C. himself. Super kind...
  12. philwing

What's your favorite reverb pedal and why?

The Strymon BlueSky is the best I've heard (and now own) but its expensive and has many features. The TC Electronics Hall of Fame is probably the best for the money.
  13. philwing

Tim question

I wondered that too but all knobs and switches are in the same spots they've been in for 6 months or so.
  14. philwing

Tim question

I ordered my Tim pedal from Paul C. last year and have been absolutely in love with it. It is the ideal overdrive! But lately, as in the last couple of weeks, something about it has changed. It has lost it's clarity and definition and has gotten kinda thin and mushy. I've tried plugging it in...
  15. philwing

Shaw amps?

Well, unfortunately, I'm not much of a techie when it comes to amps. (I don't really know the difference between various transformers, why this tube is better than that tube, etc) I just know what kind of tone I like. My buddy has a Fulltilt 30 and I've played through it a couple times. I...
  16. philwing

Shaw amps?

I am the guy that B Vance was referring to. I've had my Shaw for about 1.5 yrs and love it! It is a single channel 18 watt head (custom made...not in his normal line)I called Kevin (Shaw) and told him what I was looking for and he hit the nail on the head with this amp! Mine sounds like a mix of...
Top Bottom