• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. R

Question about Dumbleator style outboard FX loop buffers…

I’ve got a hand-wired D style amp and love it. I’ve been running my reverb and delay in front of the amp and it sounds fantastic with the clean channel. But I’d also like to use them with the drive channel, and to do that effectively I need to get a loop buffer and run it after...
  2. R

Looking for a tuner that's always on but will also mute.

I'm currently running a Boss TU-2 on a dead-end tuner out from my Ernie Ball VP Jr. That lets me keep it on all the time but I can heel down to mute and tune between songs. Is there a tuner pedal out there that I can keep on and tuning all the time and let my signal pass through, then when...
  3. R

Mod my Strat with a rear route?

Hi guys, I’ve got a question about modding my Strat for rear access to the control space. I’ve got a MIM Strat that I just love – it was the guitar that I learned on and no matter how many other Strats of any type that I try, this one just ‘feels right’ and it stays in tune like a champ. What...
  4. R

Best splittable humbucker for semi-hollow guitar?

Hi guys. I'm looking at upgrading my pickups in my semi-hollow Sheraton II. I've done rewires on semi-hollows before and I'm going to do a bunch of research first because there's a huge PITA factor to do it yourself and damn expensive to have it done professionally (aka, done right)...
  5. R

NM... moved

Never mind, moving it to the Amp Tech Info board...
  6. R

Stiffen a wah sweep??

Hi there. I've got an old Cry Baby wah that I want to use as an expression pedal. I've plugged it in and it works fine throughout the sweep, so it's going to work for my uses. But if you don't keep your foot on it, the toe drops and thusly changes the sound that I'm trying to get via the...
  7. R

Need help with a wiring kit / mods for a strat...

Let me preface this by saying that I have minimal understanding of the inner workings of my strat. Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm a bit scared that when I pull off the pickguard the gnomes who live inside will attack me. :dunno Anyway, I've got a 1996 MIM strat that I just love the way...
  8. R

Octave pedal placement?

The other day I borrowed an Octave pedal from a friend (Boss OC-2). I haven't had time to hook it up and see how it works just yet, but I was wondering if this the type of pedal that really should be in the effects loop (after the preamp, before the power) like a delay. Or is it the kind of...
  9. R

Hello from Minneapolis!

Hi everbody! (in my best Dr. Nick voice) My name is Ross and I live in Minneapolis. I'm playing in a band right now that's just getting started, and our other guitarist is on this site as Mudpies (although I haven't seen any of his posts yet). Here's my rig: My biggest influences are...
Top Bottom