• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. G

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

I think I’ve read the same comment several times about different guitars, from the same guy.
  2. G

String bridge pins and tone?

Yes, that’s the type of advice one would receive from that site. Real mainstream practice wouldn’t you say? Watch out taking any more great advice from those “players”.
  3. G

Martin to Taylor…!? A Change of Faith…

Bringing AGF (A Vs B) topics here (bang for your buck) seems unnecessary. I escaped that overly policed regime and had hoped those topics were left behind. The only relief is that they’re easy to spot.
  4. G

Machine Gun Kelly live at 2021 VMAs

Each time I see him and Megan together I say a prayer that she’s had a recent tetanus shot.
  5. G

Yay or Nay: Martin 000-15SM

If I believed they all sounded the same I could offer a suggestion pro or con. Since I don’t, the only way I could know is to play that particular guitar.
  6. G

Crosby's candid thoughts on Young

Yes, and since it was written exactly as you say, the fact is was misinterpreted is kinda funny and scary at the same time.
  7. G

If he's David Crosby, a former member of two of the most successful groups in history, and if you're right, "nobody give a flying fark what he thinks", why would you bother to comment? Your credentials, and mine, are probably somewhere South of where his are, just guessing.
  8. G

Carr Mercury V vs. Slant 6v

The Mercury V is my #1 amp, besting a bunch of others by a wide margin. It s the sound in my head, I'll never sell it.
  9. G

It will obviously come as a shock, but you don't possess that power. Participation trophies distorted your perception.
  10. G

All any of us know is how Neil comes off in an interview. Based on that, I'd have to say he's an arrogant jerk, condescending and narcissistic. Further buttressing that opinion is the fact the guy quit CSN&Y in the middle of a tour. What kind of guy walks out on his bandmates in the middle of a...
  11. G

How do people buy a guitar without knowing the weight??

I wonder how many incredible guitars were passed over by someone more concerned about weight than tone.
  12. G

How do people buy a guitar without knowing the weight??

I think these are the same guys posting WTB threads.
  13. G

FS OX Box, minty condition

OX Box is an an awesome recording tool. I’d never part with mine.
  14. G

FS Carr Merc V

I'd never part with mine, so GLWS. This amp is incredible.
  15. G

NGD: Terry McInturff Carolina Custom

Congrats, lovely instrument, enjoy!
  16. G

Martin Ambertone - your thoughts?

Martin doesn't do a sunburst that pleases me in the way that other makers do, such as Collings. Just not my personal preference.
  17. G

Cp Thornton Rules: Hot Rod Classic 2 - OMG

LOL…That’s perfect!
  18. G

Yes, Titan Red/Almond, not cream, lol…….
  19. G

Is it worth buying an acoustic bass?

My playing partner has owned two, and never liked either one and won’t use one again.
  20. G

I’m the proud owner of the Titan Red/Cream Classic II that Jmelm was instrumental in guiding me into acquiring. I’ve waited a week or so to post my impressions, thinking that I’d be more objective as the newness wore off, but it’s been the opposite experience. I love the guitar more each time I...
  21. G

Yeah, but did you hear that thing growl?
  22. G

Fave capo lately?

The AGF rears it’s ridiculous head once again.
  23. G

Eric Clapton's isolated guitar on The Beatles While My Guitar Gently Weeps

You're just revealing your bias and lack of sophistication in understanding talent. Even dropping Wes's name won't cover that up! Wisdom comes with age grasshopper. Ignorance is the currency of youth.
  24. G

Eric Clapton's isolated guitar on The Beatles While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Listen to the great Layla. Both Clapton and Allman's parts isolated, sound terrible. Together they sound perfect. Playing guitar isn't about playing a part that sounds great in isolation. That's where the musicians come in and you're not a musician simply because you can play an instrument. A...
  25. G

Silver Sky - is it the pickups?

Another AGF member convinced they can’t play a certain fretboard radius, is my guess.
Top Bottom