• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. J

Bridge question for Classic Player Strat Body

I picked up a MIM Fender Classic Player Strat Body on ebay but I'm having a difficult time finding the stock 2-point tremolo with the six vintage saddles (2 1/16 string spacing) that this guitar originally came with. Does anyone know if the 2-point tremolo, six vintage saddle bridge produced for...
  2. J

Fender Deluxe Reverb - good pedal platform?

I'm running a '65' BFDR with a SD Twin Tube, and BB Preamp. I've gotten more postive feedback from my bandmates and clubgoers from this combination than any other combo that I've used in the last 20 years.
  3. J

Twin Tube Classic Problems

I bought my twin classic at GC and paid full retail....but it works absolutely great...don't give up on it!
  4. J

Multi-Effects pedalboard anyone?

Thanks for all the info. I was afraid I was the only player using a multi-effects board....I was wrong. For the last two years I've used a Digitech GNX3000, which I am not happy with. I generally do not use the modeling programs cause they are thin, although in many cases it does duplicate the...
  5. J

Multi-Effects pedalboard anyone?

Does anyone use a multi-effects board anymore? I rarely see a thread on these boards. I realize that individual effects provide greater variety and quality but there is something to be said for the versatility in using a single board with multiple effect options that's just one footswitch...
  6. J

Tele Me About Telecasters

Strat verse Tele...two beautiful but distinctly different animals. My Tele is a used Relic NOS (1962 reissue, I think). I loved every detail except for the muddy/thumpy neck PUP. I dropped in a Fralin Blues Special. It's wound a bit hotter than the standard Tele neck PUPs and comes w/o a...
  7. J

Treble Bleed Question - help!

Thanks to all. I'll check my soldering work. It's possible my ears are playing tricks on me...again!
  8. J

Treble Bleed Question - help!

I just installed a .001 capacitor on a 500K volume pot in a H-S-S strat pup configuraion. Although the guitar maintains the brightness when the pot is turned down, the output appears to have diminshed, even with the pot fully open. Has anyone experienced this? How can I rectify? Change value...
  9. J

Mesa Boogie Mark III too much mids

Thanks to all. I'm glad to hear some of you have the same issues and I'm also glad some you love your Mk III. I guess I'm off shopping for a 2x12 cabinet. Aside from my tone issues, I can't part with the amp...it's dependable, versatile and a classic.
  10. J

Thanks again Bosstone. What I failed to mention is that I recently converted the guts of my Boogie combo into a separate head so it will be easier for me to match with a different cabinet and carry it! Yes, nothing like a separate head and cabinet, preferably with more than one speaker.
  11. J

Thanks again Bosstone. What I failed to mention is that I recently converted the guts of my Boogie combo into a separate head so it will be easier for me to match with a different cabinet and carry it! Yes, nothing like a separate head and cabinet, preferably with more than one speaker.
  12. J

Paul, For some reason I can't part with the Boogie....it does have its strong points aside from my midrange issue. I agree.... the 1x12 cabinet does it no justice. Thanks
  13. J

Thanks Bosstone. I've probably been too conservative with my EQ adjustments.
  14. J

Do any mark III owners find their boogie to have too much midrange, a bit brittle and lack a tight bottom end? I've used a 12" EVM and switched to an eminence speaker and experienced little change. I can't seem to get a full tone, even using the graphic equalizer. Guitars include 335, Tele...
Top Bottom