• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. R

New Ryan Adams

Lol
  2. R

Any changes in BadCat build quality with the new 2014 models? Transformers, etc.?

I heard one, too, and was impressed. Not against overseas builds.
  3. R

New Ryan Adams

Yeah, him, too.
  4. R

New Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams is a king poseur and a douche bag. Strategically quaffed to appear unkempt and totally insincere sincerity that stupid girls lap up. Dudes listening to this nonsense should double if they have a p or a v.
  5. R

Best recording amps

No offense, but this question is silly without more detail. Musical style? Recording situation? Otherwise it is another thread of dudes sounding off on their gear. For rock and blues, blackstar is nice because one can simultaneously mic the cab and run an emulated direct line out.
  6. R

Two chords simultaneously played a major third apart sound bad. Why?

For the record, Jimi Hendrix helped popularize a chord with both min and maj 3rd. The E7#9 is in Purple Haze, among others. Notes; e, g#, b, d, g (often the fifth, b note, gets omitted, which is common in jazz). http://chord-c.com/guitar-chord/E/dominant-seventh-sharp-ninth/
  7. R

Any changes in BadCat build quality with the new 2014 models? Transformers, etc.?

So how does one know which models are built by Badcat?
  8. R

Going without reverb or delay

I love JP but his leads would have benefited from some ambience. Bone dry tone is unnatural. Unless treated, all spaces have some kind of echo effect on an instrument, which is how we are used to hearing things. We do not stick our ear to the amp like a mic.
  9. R

block the trem

I have all my floyds set for dive only. I used to have wood blocks between the inner part of the trem and guitar. Now, i use a simple device call neck check trem stopper. It is nicer sound as the vibration between trem and body is in better contact...
  10. R

What's the deal with these Digitech Hardwire pedals?

I am sorry. I should have clarified. Yes, no external tap, which is immensely useful.
  11. R

Another song where the Key drive me CRAZY

Micheal Schenker, Blackmore, Scorpions... Euro guys employ it a lot. Of course, Randy Rhoads was a monster with it. Neil Schon, Santana's wunderkid, Richie Sambora is tasty with it. Expand your music collection, damn it! Lol
  12. R

Very true. Rare for classic, really. Players will hit the maj 7th over the IV often, a la Gilmour Comfortably Numb, but they avoid it over the I chord. It probably sounds too jazzy to them.
  13. R

Whoa... I hope this is just confusion about music theory and not your ears. The repeating bendy lick in the third bar goes up to b, which is the major seventh of the c chord beneath it.
  14. R

Not harmonic minor in this case; rather, it is dorian.
  15. R

It is odd but it works. Creates sort of a unique cowboy feel that a minor chord would be too typical.
  16. R

What's the deal with these Digitech Hardwire pedals?

Imho, the delay is the only real misstep in the bunch. The reverb and rotary are gorgeous sounding. Non-guitarists have said, wow that is beautiful. I am considering the dirt pedals now. However, the dd7 will not be replaced from my board. Sometimes, the tap is really needed. I play lots of pit...
  17. R

Yamaha THR: The next generation...thread

What ringing? I have thr10 and hear no ringing.
  18. R

Help with low gain

Affordable options that fit your bill of goods: mxr custom modified badass overdrive; visual sounds open road; and the obvious maxon 808 or ibanez tube screamer. All these are very good pedals and will last a long time...And not break the bank.
  19. R

Help with low gain

Dat be easily a grand in pedals?
  20. R

Boss dd7 vs Line 6 Echo Park: noise issues?

I did not buy the echo park because the build seemed less reliable than the boss.
  21. R

Boss dd7 vs Line 6 Echo Park: noise issues?

Boss dd7 owner. No noise issues. If you get it, add on the extension/expression pedal. With it, you can make full use of the pedal. Oh yeah, it has a wonderful analog patch.
  22. R

Disappointments - Ever buy a pedal and immediately flip it?

Rat is run of the mill, too. Good pedal, mind you. In fact, most of the pedals mentioned are pretty damned good.
  23. R

What does it mean, "tone is in the hands"?

Or like what my grandfather said, when you are good, you can get a nice guitar.
  24. R

Disappointments - Ever buy a pedal and immediately flip it?

Think he means the vfe is overpriced and nothing more than a regular ts like pedal.
Top Bottom