• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. D

Martin Tweedy

Got mine a month or so back. Very happy with it. Also play an OM model but I much prefer the tone that the all Mahogany body in the Tweedy gives. Much more recording-friendly, and needs less eq tweaking done with the guitar. Tone-wise I couldn't see anyone having an issue. The only issue I could...
  2. D

Advice needed from Zendrive & Kalamazoo owners

Thanks for the advice Manny. I was leaning towards that one alright. I've heard the Zendrive isn't as effective at the volumes I'm pushing the pre-amp tubes at.
  3. D

Advice needed from Zendrive & Kalamazoo owners

Hey guys - hoping some friendly Lovepedal owners can help me out. I'm new enough to tube amps and looking for some advice about pairing overdrives to my amp. I'm playing through a Fender Special edition HRD3 that has a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker in it. I currently use the most recent...
  4. D

Best way to power 8 regular pedals, a Timeline and a Mobius

Have a look at the Decibel Eleven stuff. They're designed specifically for more high draw peals like the Strymons. Mine has done it's job perfectly since I bought it. Worth the cash imho.
  5. D

Just Bought A Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster

Seagull Shame makes a good point about gluing the bridge to make it a bit more usable. It saves money but if you're gigging with it it's still not 100% reliable and it doesn't offer the improvements to sustain and tone that the mastery does. It comes down to what you want the guitar to be. If...
  6. D

Just Bought A Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster

Loving mine. Had to do a bit of messing around with balancing pickups and setting up the neck, but no more than any other new guitar. Really love the stock pickups. I was ready to pick up some SD Antiquities for it but I'm getting such a great tone form it, especially in the middle position...
  7. D

Timeline and Exp Pedal Question

Hi guys, Just a quick couple questions that some of the Strymon Timeline owners might be able to answer for me. I'm sure these are easy answers but unfortunately no stores in Ireland seem to be stocking Strymon at the moment. When using the Expression pedal can you save what value it...
  8. D

Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe & Pedaltrain 2

I noticed the issues with the screws but it still didn't allow for the required clearance on my unit. I found that those screws meant that velcro was a requirement when mounting it underneath to make sure it wasn't getting any wear and tear caused by the loose fitting due to the angle caused by...
  9. D

Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe & Pedaltrain 2

Just a little heads up to forumites who might be looking to pick up a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe. Got mine yesterday and while I'm super happy with it installation guidelines are incorrect. It simply does not fit on a pedaltrain 2 despite it saying it on the site and them fitting it in the...
  10. D

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III - Advice please

Hey guys, I'm sure this is a stupid question but I just got the Silver Bullet version of the HRD3 today and after getting home and unpacking it I noticed there was something attached to the bottom of the inside of the amp. It's a leather-type covering that seems to be screwed onto the base of...
  11. D

Budget Chorus

@Jazzfromhell: It just didn't grab me to be honest. Spent quite a bit of time trying to get a moderate chorus on a clean channel and I found I wasn't as happy with it as I was with the much cheaper EHX pedal. There was definitely some volume issues as well. Even with a lot of tweaking it tended...
  12. D

Budget Chorus

Cool guys. I think the MXR is the way to go. I use their flanger and I'm super happy with it. Our bass player picked up the TC Electronics Corona Chorus last week. Spent an hour with it yesterday and was really disappointed with it.
  13. D

Budget Chorus

Hey guys, Been using an EHX Neo Clone for a while and it's starting to give problems. I'm looking at picking up a replacement chorus pedal and was looking for some advice. I'll be buying from musicstore.de so the pedal would have to be in stock there. I'm looking for something under the $100...
  14. D

Show Us Your Pedalboard #35

Pretty new to effects. Only really been getting into them in the past year so this is very much my first board I'm happy with. Running a Fender Fat Strat through this in a two circuit set up into a Hughes and Kettner 50W Statesman head. First circuit is guitar - tuner - EHX Germanium OD -...
Top Bottom