• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. goldtrek

What is your favorite 6L6 amp?

Carr Impala
  2. goldtrek

has to be the best mesa boogie

The Mark V must be insanely heavy if the 5:50+ is lighter. Hauling around my 5:50+ combo was the primary reason I traded it off. Great sounding amp. I may pick up the head version someday. The 5:50 sounded stellar through my StoneAge 1X12 Celestion Gold.
  3. goldtrek

NAD Carr Rambler

Thanks! I was curious how long your tubes have lasted? How many tube sets have you gone through in 4 years?
  4. goldtrek

NAD Carr Rambler

I've had some bad experiences with "boutique" amps/builders over the years. I've only had this Rambler one day, but my faith in the uniqueness and depth/richness of tone of boutique amps is quickly being restored. Steve seems like a cool guy who would take care of any issues too. My R9 + Caveman...
  5. goldtrek

NAD Carr Rambler

Bought one today... yep, pretty special! Sounds good with the stock speaker, but sounds better through my Stoneage 1X12 with Celestion Gold cab. Beautiful 'big glass,' verge-of-fat cleans. :aok
  6. goldtrek

Teach me about Divided by 13.

Whatever number you want divided up, that number will be divided up thirteen times. So, 845 divided by 13 is 65. Wait, 65 is an amp company. :rimshot
  7. goldtrek

NCD! The Stoneage 212b is back!

ditto
  8. goldtrek

Matchless Lightning or Spitfire?

SKYHIGH... when do you expect to have the amps for comparison?
  9. goldtrek

Xits X100 time!!

Thanks... it will sit on top of this...
  10. goldtrek

Xits X100 time!!

Still waiting for mine...
  11. goldtrek

Xits X100 time!!

I heard from Michael last week too... that my X50 is in the final stages as well. AWESOME... I CANNOT WAIT... Lol.. actually at this point, yes I can.
  12. goldtrek

Best looking amp

13. goldtrek

Xits 2X12 Cab ARRIVED... WAL-NUTTY!!!

Shane S, I just listened to both cabs again, this time paying special attention to the volume. NO DOUBT about it, the volume is greater through the 2X12. Sounds louder, bigger, completely awesomer. I think if portability issues are not a concern, the 2X12 is the obvious choice (to my ears anyway).
  14. goldtrek

Hey Shane S, Actually my Sadie combo is a maple cabinet as well, with one ASW KTS70. But even with the similarities of the maple, the 2X12 "sounds" louder. I'm guessing technically it isn't a lot louder, but it certainly sound MUCH bigger. Probably the physics of moving more air. It just...
  15. goldtrek

Thanks everyone! I just love this cab. Looks better in person too. Stu, right now I'm running a Sadie (combo) into the 2X12. These maple XCabs sound so alive. The solid maple is gloriously and deeply resonant. It's the first solid wood 2X12 cab I've owned. I'm stunned at how MUCH this particular...
  16. goldtrek

I thought all of you Xits fans might like to see Michael's latest creation. Here is my new 2X12 cab in Smoke/Walnut (reserve)/Gold. Now to load it with my ASW's and have some fun! ...and continue waiting for my X50...:bonk
  17. goldtrek

xits x50s amp

Hey rhinson, Check your PMs. Thanks!
  18. goldtrek

xits x50s amp

Soon to own... I had the original X50 which was a two channel amp. I much preferred the 2nd channel (which is what the current Traci X50s model is, a one-channel amp). Best cleans I've ever heard. Gotta push it pretty hard to break up. I've been waiting patiently for a loooong time for my new...
  19. goldtrek

Xits X10 amp

I was in the exact same boat you are just 2 weeks ago. Then suddenly I got the email asking for my shipping address. Hang in there... I ordered early Jan 2010 and got mine last week.
  20. goldtrek

The Official Xits Waiting Time Support Group

Hey Scott, Yes the X10 is fantastic! Here are my 'initial' impressions... subject to modification. :D Having owned the X50 and two Sadie's, I would describe the X10 as something of a love child of the two. The X50 is the most touch responsive amp with the most beautiful chimey, warm, rich cleans...
  21. goldtrek

High Pitched Whine on Xits X4

I remember the EF86 tube in my Gabriel Voxer doing that occasionally too.
  22. goldtrek

Hey Scott, The X10 is scheduled for delivery next Monday... so I will definitely report on the similarities and differences then. I can't wait!!!
  23. goldtrek

Thanks! My order date was January 11, 2010, direct order from Michael. The last I heard on the X50 was that my XCab for it was being built in early Feb. Having played the X50 already, this one has been extremely difficult to wait on (17 months). But it seems the X10 waiting time is around 14-15...
  24. goldtrek

Got my confirmation email today... My X10 is DONE and ready for shipping!!! :aok:dude:phones:):rockin:drool:D:love::banana Yep, that's about how I feel...
Top Bottom