• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. K

Boutique ACOUSTIC Builders

Another vote for Bashkin I also highly recommend Bourgeois
  2. K

Who are the best acoustic luthiers in the world?

Im a big fan of Michael Bashkin.
  3. K

Slash tone in a pedal?

that'll be my vote.
  4. K

Design your "signature model" guitar!

Myka #25 is my sig, but if i had to choose a big company it'll be: PRS Santana shaped Mahogany neck and body p90/p90/hum - lollars 5 way switch, vol & tone Colours: TV Yellow, Black, tobacco burst
  5. K

Need help from Japan-based Members in getting a CAJ Twin Tremolo

Have you tried Ishibashi or Ikebe Gakki? They will both ship internationally.
  6. K

My Tiger's Eye Trio is now a Quartet (Myka added)!

beautiful. I used to own Myka #25, which I believe was the inspiration for this particular Myka. Enjoy it!
  7. K

What are the 4 pedals you want right now?

POG 2 Dr Scientist Tremolessence Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2 Lumpy's Tone Shop '73 Boost If all goes well, POG 2 will be coming soon, the rest will have to wait.
  8. K

Please list true tube overdrive pedals and your impressions.

Ive got a Bajaman Real Tube Overdrive made by Bajaman here in New Zealand (you can read up on its history here) I use it in fairly low gain setting for that edge of breakup sound and it works great. Sometimes I goose the pedal with a booster or OD and it works really well for leads. For the...
  9. K

Liquid Lead vs Lemon Drop - how are they different?

wow, no lumpy love on TGP? I am leaning towards the LL given the versatility of the tone stack. I play P90s and am not sure that they will sound good with the LD (too thin?) Currently, I only have a rat, bajaman real tube overdrive for low gain stuff, and a mcpherson white fuzz. the LL will...
  10. K

Liquid Lead vs Lemon Drop - how are they different?

School me. Im pretty keen to get a "Zep" pedal, and its one or the other. Can the LL cop the LD tones or are they quite different?
  11. K

Gimme some dirt!

OK, Ive been swapping pedals like its going out of fashion recently and need some help here guys. Im playing a PRS custom 22 soapbar through the pedalboard below, into a Mesa .22+ with greenback. THe luther drive (swirly paint job), and BSIAB2 (VH paint job) is now gone, as is the...
  12. K

Show Us Your Pedalboards (#20)

Here's my current iteration
  13. K

Loud hum - P90 vs pedal noise vs old tubes?

good point about the amp's dirty channel, will check tomorrow. Pedals are powered by one spot. The hum goes away (in all cases I think) when i turn off my vol knob.
  14. K

Loud hum - P90 vs pedal noise vs old tubes?

I have a custom 22 soapbar with the original Seymour Duncan pickups on it. My amp is a boogie studio .22+. I run through a number of pedals depending on what Im doing. Here's the problem - when its on a clean signal I can use any pu position, the hum is manageable. When I stomp on for...
  15. K

The coolest rat you will ever seen

How is this for cool? This is a rat clone with a choice of 'turbo rat', 'clean rat', and 'you dirty rat' with the 3 way switch. The box is covered in genuine all naturally tanned New Zealand pure possum skin, paint and laquer The knobs are are- gain=hair, filter=squeak and volume=plague...
  16. K

Tell me the type of fuzz that I want...

McPherson White Fuzz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Abh8342Tc
  17. K

Before I spend $2K on another tube amp, I wanted to ask you guys this...

How interesting, Im in a very similar position - but am considering selling off my tubes amps (only 2 really old ones - Mesa blue angel and mesa studio .22+) and getting a modeller or maybe a tiny (5w) tube amp. My concern with modellers or pro tools etc is that once I do that and I step on the...
  18. K

Anyone else here waiting on an ordered guitar???

I am soon to be starting on a Bashkin Placencia (OM size acoustic). The build will start in about the next couple of week, and will take ~ 6 months or so to complete. cant wait.
  19. K

Boomerang III Update!

well, I am desperate for a unit, and have email them about a month ago with no reply. At this point im ready to give up and either look at an RC-50 or used rang+.
  20. K

Which pick up would you recomand?

yup, another vote for K&K, and no internal mic... almost unusable playing live (my experience). You can mix the K&K minis with a condenser mic, that will work well.
  21. K

Barber Direct Drive Mod PCB vs Barber Super Sport Overdrive: Whats the diff?

so you still have the push/pull option on the tone pot on both pedal as in the DD? or is this now in the form of the switches?
  22. K

Barber Direct Drive Mod PCB vs Barber Super Sport Overdrive: Whats the diff?

Educate me. Arent they based on the same pedal?
Top Bottom