• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. metropolis74

Guitar body paint dull / faded due to sweat from where I rest my forearm

Wear a shirt with sleeves or a sweatband around your forearm:dunno
  2. metropolis74

Here's the best guitar description I've ever read.

I noticed the seller is in Russia. Must be something lost in translation. :dunno
  3. metropolis74

Who would be on your mount rushmore as the 4 most influential bands/artists of the 1960s?

Cool! Now we can open up 60's Mount Rushmore to Black Sabbath! They formed in 1968 but didn't put out on LP till 1970.
  4. metropolis74

Who would be on your mount rushmore as the 4 most influential bands/artists of the 1960s?

Owned the 60's??? Interesting perception. I have a completely different one. Have you even seen any Elvis movies from the 60's? Elvis was a joke in the 60's. A parody. His influence on musicians ended after his stint in the army and Colonel Tom Parker steered is career into cheesy movies...
  5. metropolis74

When was the last time you thought about Coldplay

I think about Coldplay every time I hear a modern song with a wispy airy male falsetto. I assume Chris Martin was a pioneer of popularizing that singing style that has been so prevalent the past 20 years. Serious question for the knowledgeable singers here. I've only heard a few Coldplay songs...
  6. metropolis74

Does it matter if tube amp is tilted?

Your amp will be fine. For many years things like this had tubes in their communications systems and tilted quite often.
  7. metropolis74

Guy plays Eruption without actually learning it

This lad is the Scottish version of Steve Terreberry? :dunno
  8. metropolis74

What other guitars would Rickenbacker Hi-Gains fit in?

Yeah Gretsch was my first thought. The Electromatic (my budget) Jets' neck set looks more like a Les Paul than a vintage or Pro Jet so I think body routing is inevitable whatever I choose.
  9. metropolis74

What other guitars would Rickenbacker Hi-Gains fit in?

I replaced the Hi-Gain pups with toasters in my Rickenbacker 360/12 (night and day difference that I should have done years ago). I also have a Rick 330 and the hi-gains sound ok to me with 6 strings, but did not do justice for 12 strings. Anyways, I'm wondering what to do with the two hi-gains...
  10. metropolis74

What’s Your White Whale Of Gear…

Well how about that? There really is a white whale guitar.
  11. metropolis74

The Beatles and their Music

You're a huge fan of which?: The Beatles or the Sage of Quay? Pick one. You can't be a fan of both. I took a look at the titles of Sage's other videos on his YT channel. He's a flat earther. In the song Because The Beatles sing "Because the world is round it turns me on". Should the person...
  12. metropolis74

The Beatles live in Australia

I got a good chuckle around 12:30 in the OP video. George goofing with Paul after scratching his nose. Never seen that before. You can tell they were having fun that night.
  13. metropolis74

The Beatles live in Australia

It's not magic to set up a mic in a room to record sound and sync it to footage from a couple of cameras. Guitars and drums are definitely live. No mics on the amps cuz that's just how it was done back then. The amps had to carry the room on their own. Only vocals through the PA (plus some...
  14. metropolis74

What's Happened to my Power Tubes?

Your tubes look good to me. The key-ring looking thing is the getter. The dark spot on the glass is the flash that results when the getter is doing its job and removing gases within the vacuum. These JAN Philips happen to have a side getter and you're probably used to seeing other 6L6 with a top...
  15. metropolis74

Khruangbin

The tone is in his wig not his fingers. Lol! Seriously though I dig Mark's tone. I think a big part of his core tone is flatwounds and an unorthodox setting of a DS1.
  16. metropolis74

George Harrison's best slide playing... can you post some?

This thread reminds me I haven't heard this song in years. And the story of how George came to play slide on this song for a little known band Rubyhorse. Story goes he was only paid union scale too.
  17. metropolis74

George Harrison's best slide playing... can you post some?

This thread has been very educational for me. I didn't realize George had guest solos on so many other artists' songs. I want to dig deeper into more of his slide work now. Anybody know did he use standard or open tunings for slide?
  18. metropolis74

Five hours to get into The Beatles

For the uninitiated that don't want to bother with the early material I suggest the list below. Me personally I prefer the raw early albums. Far from "boy band" stuff. They wrote their own songs and played their own instruments. Compared to their contemporaries in '63-'64 it's easy to see how...
  19. metropolis74

How to string a Rickenbacker 12 string - grow a third hand.

The great Marty Willson-Piper gives a lesson on restringing a Rickenbacker 12 string. As a fellow Rick12 string owner I can relate to him saying "Don't lose confidence. Cuz if you lose confidence and you stop this (string) being tight....you are screwed!" And "You need to use all arms, legs...
  20. metropolis74

Album firsts...let’s make a list

Beatles For Sale. Was Eight Days A Week the first to have a fade IN?
  21. metropolis74

Album firsts...let’s make a list

The Creation guitarist Eddie Phillips is usually credited as the first to record with a violin bow. Making Time single came out in 1966, but he was using a bow for a few years before that.
  22. metropolis74

The difference between Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, according to John Bonham

I've got nothing else to contribute to this thread except for this picture of Bonham shaving off Ringo's eyebrows.
  23. metropolis74

The difference between Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, according to John Bonham

Each Beatle (except Ringo) provided a list of who they wanted on the cover. Don't think there was any outside influence. One can assume it was John that suggested Crowley for shock value. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/5-historical-figures-erased-from-the-sgt-pepper-cover
Top Bottom