• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. R

World's Heaviest/Uncool Strat

Most of them are still waiting for a pedal that you were paid for.
  2. R

Pop songs with impressive guitar solos/"hired gun" guitarists.

Man, I love that album. Some seriously awesome guitar tones and such great lyrical songwriting...
  3. R

Awesome fuzz tone!

Weird Al friggin rocks on so many levels. Badass tone there, wonder if it is really Ray.
  4. R

Burst Lovin' -- Show Your Bursts!

My first Custom Shop, just bought it today. Should have it by the end of the week. :D
  5. R

What would you do?

And she gets a case of beer and my thanks. ;) I'm keeping the guitar.
  6. R

What would you do?

Pay him his full asking price, and if it checks out as legit I'd come back with a case of beer for the guy. But if it checks out I'm keeping it - period.
  7. R

buying instruments online are like russian roulette

... I just pulled the trigger. We'll see how it goes. I get a return policy from a reputable shop and it's a good buy so I could re-sell it later if I just don't bond with it.
  8. R

buying instruments online are like russian roulette

I'm kind of struggling with this right now, myself. I'm a little leery about laying out two grand on a guitar that I've never even seen in person or held in my hands. No idea how it plays, or how it feels... not likely that I'll be able to get my hands on one locally, either. I get a 14...
  9. R

Question about Dumbleator style outboard FX loop buffers…

Hey, thanks for the feedback and info, everyone! It was quite an educational thread and I really appreciate it. I'll be going with a Quinn Loops tube loop in a rack mount design. Now I just need to come up with a case to mount it in and I'll be set!
  10. R

PM Replied to! :beer
  11. R

I’ve got a hand-wired D style amp and love it. I’ve been running my reverb and delay in front of the amp and it sounds fantastic with the clean channel. But I’d also like to use them with the drive channel, and to do that effectively I need to get a loop buffer and run it after...
  12. R

2 Dirt Pedals, 1 Modulation, & 1 Delay - Lay out your choices.

My current board goes: TS-9DX > Astrotone > 535Q > Timebender. I can get just about anything out of that with a volume and an expression pedal in play.
  13. R

Looking for a tuner that's always on but will also mute.

I'm currently running a Boss TU-2 on a dead-end tuner out from my Ernie Ball VP Jr. That lets me keep it on all the time but I can heel down to mute and tune between songs. Is there a tuner pedal out there that I can keep on and tuning all the time and let my signal pass through, then when...
  14. R

Mod my Strat with a rear route?

Ah, I see. Market value is not a concern with this guitar, I'm gonna be keeping this one forever. Who knows, it may end up being a prototype for a Fender replica someday! :D
  15. R

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem entirely. I'd still have to remove pickguard and controls to access things, and there's still loose wiring hanging about as I'm making changes. Plus it's not as easy to make an A vs. B comparison when I change capacitor values if I have to reassemble...
  16. R

Hi guys, I’ve got a question about modding my Strat for rear access to the control space. I’ve got a MIM Strat that I just love – it was the guitar that I learned on and no matter how many other Strats of any type that I try, this one just ‘feels right’ and it stays in tune like a champ. What...
  17. R

UPS lost my RIC

It wasn't a guitar, but he most certainly got fired for it.
  18. R

UPS lost my RIC

I've had things tracked on to the truck and then never delivered. Some drivers are far less than ethical, and UPS refused to admit that they lost it. It's just "gone"... to the driver's collection.
  19. R

Best splittable humbucker for semi-hollow guitar?

Thanks. I hadn't seen that one when I searched. Some very helpful info, but I want to ask about semi-hollow guitars in particular. I'm thinking the SD Triple Shot will be involved when this is done, so I'll have all of the options to split or go series and parallel. This looks like the right...
  20. R

Best splittable humbucker for semi-hollow guitar?

Hi guys. I'm looking at upgrading my pickups in my semi-hollow Sheraton II. I've done rewires on semi-hollows before and I'm going to do a bunch of research first because there's a huge PITA factor to do it yourself and damn expensive to have it done professionally (aka, done right)...
  21. R

NM... moved

Never mind, moving it to the Amp Tech Info board...
  22. R

Stiffen a wah sweep??

Winner. Thanks for the help!
  23. R

Stiffen a wah sweep??

Interesting... I hadn't thought of doing it that way before. I just checked and I think this might be a CGB-95 as well (or something similar, most of the info on the base plate is gone by this point). but it ends in a 5 and has a white plastic retainer like you're describing. I might just...
  24. R

Stiffen a wah sweep??

Hi there. I've got an old Cry Baby wah that I want to use as an expression pedal. I've plugged it in and it works fine throughout the sweep, so it's going to work for my uses. But if you don't keep your foot on it, the toe drops and thusly changes the sound that I'm trying to get via the...
  25. R

Guitar Rack Stands

This looks perfect, and at a nice price point too! This was one thing that someone else mentioned to me - is it actually an issue? I was planning on storing and displaying mine in there.
Top Bottom