• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. desertrat07

What are you listening to right now?

Haven't listened to this in a while, but broke it out tonight and damn it's good, and a masterpiece from the production standpoint...2 albums intended to be played together simultaneously! (Steve Albini).
  2. desertrat07

Sunn O)))... [MOD EDIT]... There's No Drummer

Been a fan since Monoliths & Dimensions, which is still my favorite of theirs.
  3. desertrat07

Collings 470 Julian Lage Signature

The build-up is killing me, and I don't even plan to buy one. Would love to see some video clips once you all get yours.
  4. desertrat07

Nylon Crossover For Jazz Suggestions

I'd recommend you check Veillette. Great guitars, reasonably priced. http://www.veilletteguitars.com/index.shtml
  5. desertrat07

Meeting any guitar player living or deceased?

Buckethead, without the bucket.
  6. desertrat07

The best rock song to hear a 5-year-old sing

This is the right answer. In my teens, my sister and I used to blast this very song while my brother (who is 10 years younger than me) sang and crazy danced on our parents' bed. Hilarity ensued.
  7. desertrat07

Raise The Roof -- New Robert Plant & Alison Krauss album!

Raise the Roof track list: Quattro (World Drifts In) The Price of Love Go Your Way Trouble With My Lover Searching for My Love Can’t Let Go It Don’t Bother Me You Led Me to the Wrong Last Kind Words Blues High and Lonesome Going Where the Lonely Go Somebody Was Watching Over Me
  8. desertrat07

Raise The Roof -- New Robert Plant & Alison Krauss album!

Featuring guitarists Marc Ribot, David Hidalgo, Bill Frisell, and Buddy Miller...not too shabby!
  9. desertrat07

Who are your favorite "unsung" single coil Strat players?

Don't know that he's unsung, but i just love Terje Rypdal's strat sounds.
  10. desertrat07

John Mayer Sob Rock

This. I recently visited my 70-year-old mother, and she was listening to this album over morning coffee. I love coffee, but it was a bit tough to stomach that morning.
  11. desertrat07

How do you manufacture a fun rapport with the audience?

For starters, try not to say things like "manufacture a fun rapport."
  12. desertrat07

Soloway

Man, some people pay extra for that type of an "aged finish." If it were me, I would leave it be.
  13. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

Fantastic! That Instagram clip is one of the reasons I want a Gryphon! Also I used to play mandolin before devoting myself to guitar in my mid-30's, so a Gryphon would be a little bit like stepping back in time for me.
  14. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

I know, right?! What a jam.
  15. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

I'm only two days in with the baritone, but it really sings! I know it's a cliche to say a guitar is "resonant," but this guitar feels alive and gets these amazing vibrations from the low strings. It has an acoustic-like quality when strummed unplugged. Sustains like crazy, with a really...
  16. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

There's a nice one that's been for sale on Reverb for a year at a good price. So maybe not much of a market...specialty guitars need special buyers I guess.
  17. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

What are you planning to order? I'd really like to get a Gryphon at some point.
  18. desertrat07

Veillette Guitars

I found very little about Veillette here on TGP, so I figured I'd start a thread since I just received one of their killer baritones (used) today. After learning about the brand a year or so ago, I've been fascinated by their offerings...a huge variety of 12's, nylon string electrics, baritones...
  19. Veillette Bari

Veillette Bari

20. 20210817_161903.jpg

20210817_161903.jpg

21. 20210817_161946.jpg

20210817_161946.jpg

Top Bottom