• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Nelson89

15 minute set with my rock cover band (The Killers, Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, Stereophonics)

Hi all, recorded this video I was in the rehearsal studio with my cover band. Let me know what you think. Setlist: Mr Brightside - The Killers The Middle - Jimmy Eat World Yellow - Coldplay Dakota - Stereophonics
  2. Nelson89

Creep - Radiohead (Acoustic Cover)

Hi everyone, I've been a little quiet the past few months, but here's my first video for 2021. Enjoy!
  3. Nelson89

Tribute - Tenacious D (with some tricky video editing)

Anyone wondering about tones. Acoustic - Maton SRS808 > Rode NT2000 > UA Apollo Twin (Neve 1073 in Unison) The clean spacey guitar in the first verse - Gibson 339 > UA Apollo Twin (Marshall Plexi Classic in Unison) Delay and Spring Reverb added in Logic afterwards with Logic Pedal plugins...
  4. Nelson89

Tribute - Tenacious D (with some tricky video editing)

Hi all, here's my take on Tribute by Tenacious D. A little bit cheeky with the editing. Hope you enjoy.
  5. Nelson89

God Only Knows - Piano Cover

Originally tried this on guitar, but sounded better on piano so recorded it that way. Let me know what you think.
  6. Nelson89

Angie - Rolling Stones Cover

Thanks for the feedback. I was toying with the idea of featuring the piano a little more, I'll have to remember that for next time!
  7. Nelson89

Thanks Dave, really appreciate the feedback
  8. Nelson89

Originally had this as guitar and voice, but it didn't feel quite right, so recorded a piano part and it brought it to a whole new level - don't underestimate the power of the piano in that song! Enjoy!
  9. Nelson89

In my blood - Shawn Mendes Piano Cover

Not that I know of? This dude is Canadian and a lot younger than I am haha.
  10. Nelson89

In my blood - Shawn Mendes Piano Cover

For context on this one, I'm also a high school teacher and this was a request from one of my senior students to play on a piano instead of guitar. As my dad says, I play piano like a guitarist plays the piano haha. Hope you enjoy!
  11. Nelson89

Something - The Beatles (Acoustic Cover)

Well you HAVE been commenting quite a bit on my stuff lately haha
  12. Nelson89

Something - The Beatles (Acoustic Cover)

I've been wanting to do this one for a while given it's from one of my favourite bands on one of my favourite albums, may have bitten off more than I could chew as far as doing the solo on acoustic guitar, but got there in the end. Enjoy!
  13. Nelson89

Wish You Well - Bernard Fanning Cover

Hi all, I put up a few videos over the weekend on YouTube but actually forgot to link this one here, this was the first one to go up. A cover from the lead singer of Australian band Powderfinger when he decided to go solo. Hope you enjoy.
  14. Nelson89

Critique on my guitar tones?

Tones are ok, as has been mentioned once your guitar tone is in a mix, the perfect sound may not necessarily sound great by itself. If I were mixing those sounds into a mix I'd probably put it through a high cut. Most guitar speakers are going to give you a fairly narrow range, and even though...
  15. Nelson89

Because we’ve been talkin’ tele’s....some “heavy on the volume knob” improvisation

I think of them in a similar way to my P-Bass, it's not that it necessarily has a million sounds, it's just that THAT sound seems to work for heaps of things. I've owned several strats, they sounded ok but I just couldn't connect with them like I did with Teles.
  16. Nelson89

Because we’ve been talkin’ tele’s....some “heavy on the volume knob” improvisation

Teles really are the most versatile guitar out there. It's the only guitar I have two of haha. Great playing, really nice touch.
  17. Nelson89

Circles - Post Malone (Acoustic Cover)

Last cover for the long weekend (well long weekend for those in Commonwealth Countries haha)
  18. Nelson89

Waiting on the world to change - John Mayer Acoustic Cover

Hey everyone, here's my latest video for the weekend, hope you enjoy
  19. Nelson89

Blinding Lights - The Weeknd (Acoustic Cover)

Hi guys, here's my arrangement of blinding lights for single acoustic guitar and voice. Enjoy!
  20. Nelson89

Shallow - Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper (Acoustic Cover)

Cheers, appreciate the feedback
  21. Nelson89

Drive - Incubus (Acoustic Cover)

Hey guys, here's the next cover, got a few in the bank so just posting them once a week Enjoy!
  22. Nelson89

Shallow - Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper (Acoustic Cover)

Had a shot at Lady Gaga this time around
  23. Nelson89

New video from our band.

Cool stuff
Top Bottom