• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. dughaze

How do people buy a guitar without knowing the weight??

A bass player would read this and say "are you kidding me?"
  2. dughaze

V30 Lovers? What power tubes are you using?

I run almost everything thru some Mesa and other brand V30 loaded cabs. Sure, it's cool to change things up a bit, but my go to's are Mesa V30 loaded cabs. I mostly use several Mesa amps with them. Hey, many good players and builders put V30's in their cabs because they are a solid rock speaker...
  3. dughaze

The thrill of the chase. It's a sad day that's over for me.

If you won't help carry the PA equipment to the stage and help set it up, I don't care what equipment one has.
  4. dughaze

Running Bass Into the Live Mix

It worked well running the bass into the Allen and Heath mixer and into the three Yorkville mains. Thanks! We had one brief hiccup though. We were playing at a well known motorcycle dealer and at the end of our third set on a sunny afternoon a newly purchased and customized motorcycle slid...
  5. dughaze

Sold bro. I am doing it and I forgot I have a third 550P I can put out there. Your right, its time to do it and our ears will thank us. Well do it this weekend. We are outside but facing a giant wall that we cannot turn up too loud because of anyways. And we did sound good at this place last...
  6. dughaze

Good point. From The Rolling Stones to a little grunge... Just thought about that I have one more 550P I can put out there, there would be 3 of them to share the "load".
  7. dughaze

We are a two guitar, bass, and drums setup live. Our PA out front consists of two Yorkville NX550P's. I've been able to get by without putting the bass and just a little of the drums into the mix. We have to turn the bass up so loud on stage to get the bass out front that our stage volume is too...
  8. dughaze

2016 Gibson R7 LP Bridge Replacement

A saddle fell out when I cut the string off for a change. I was like wtf.... But damn the guitar is the best guitar I've ever played / owned so it is all cool. My luck, the retaining wire would rattle. I've had a few LP's with no retaining wire so I will check that avenue out I guess...
  9. dughaze

great suggestion.... thanks
  10. dughaze

Some years ago my first LP was an Agile LP copy and it had a wire across those saddles....
  11. dughaze

Just picked up an R7 and I would like to replace the bridge with a bridge that the string saddles will not fall out when the string breaks or is replaced. I can see where popping a string on stage and then the saddle falling out could be a real problem. Any recommendations?
  12. dughaze

What's live music looking like for you this month in your area?

It used to be the rock and rollers that tore things up and pushed for change, now we are at home staying safe while changes are happening alright. Maybe rock needs to die.
  13. dughaze

Gibson Guitars: Legend or Hype

Gibson guitars are neither legend or hype. I have a few I really like. Ever go out to dinner with those people that seem to always have a problem with their meal and they send it back or are unhappy with the service? Same thing...
  14. dughaze

I no longer gig with big amps.

A Mesa Mini Mark 5:25 and a Vintage 30 loaded 1x12 gets the job done in today's stuff.
  15. dughaze

Eastman 59/V Les Paul style guitar.

Just went through the same drill. I wound up with an awesome used R7 and God willing I am going to gig it till the cows come home.
  16. dughaze

If you could have a MERRY CHRISTMAS by getting any guitar you want (acoustic or electric), what would it be?

Got a 2016 R7 several months ago and I am still in shock that I get to play it.
  17. dughaze

Bob Dylan sells entire back catalogue for estimated $300 million

Was Bob Dylan’s sale of his massive music catalog a tax maneuver? | Fortune
  18. dughaze

Blind test! Mesa Dual Rectifier vs 'mystery' modeler (UPDATE: results revealed!!)

Nice job on this demo! I cannot tell the difference and I have Mesa Marks and Rectifiers...
  19. dughaze

For the first time ever, all the Grammys nominees for best rock performance are women.

I don't know what a woman is to a lot of people anymore, nor do I care.
  20. dughaze

NGD - ‘80 Fender Lead II

Brings back happy memories seeing yours. I bought a new red Fender Lead I when they came out. Bought it at Lipham's Music in Gainesville, where the Allman Brothers had bought a lot of gear I later learned. Loaned it to my sister, she still has it and won't give it back but that is another...
  21. dughaze

Perhaps the first thing to address before buying a guitar: Physical Comfort.

Valid point. And it can be a difficult to find out if a guitar is comfortable. I loved the looks, tone, and feel of the neck on the Gibby Explorer I had but the body shape caused pain in my forearm. I tried a lot of things to adjust to it, including getting an awesome long and comfortable...
  22. dughaze

I despise the Vintage 30

Which V30's were you using? They are best in closed or mostly closed back cabs too.
  23. dughaze

2001 Hot Texas Special Strat HSS - fixing the H

I have the 2002 model and the rubbery sounding low E and A strings have always been a problem for me from the PG+. I tried a JB in the bridge and it was unbalanced and I didn't like it. The 500K pot might be the way to go.
  24. dughaze

Can I close the back on my combo

I had a Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube closed back combo that the tube rattle drove me crazy. It sounded good, had some nice low end for a combo, but the tube and cabinet rattling drove me nuts. It had to go back. I also worked with the Peavey Classic 30 and Bravo combos - tried multiple...
Top Bottom