• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. V

Speaker level to line level???

I have a driftwood loadbox, and to me it is by far the best sounding loadbox on the planet, absolutely incredible. However, I have one of the older ones, that does not have a pad switch on it. It has 1 input ( for the amp to the loadbox) and 1 output, that’s it. The output is a parallel speaker...
  2. V

FS UK made JCM2000 DSL100!

Up for grabs is a phenomenal condition JCM2000 DSL made in the UK! This one was made before Marshall shipped off production to China, and also doesn’t have any of the “bias drift” isssues from the super early ones. This one was made in 04, after the bias drift issue. Comes with Marshall...
  3. V

FS Dead mint Bogner Uberschall revision Blue!

Dead mint Bogner Uberschall revision blue. Amp is pristine, comes with footswitch. Has not left my smoke free studio, and has never been played out. Retubed 6 months ago, and sounds phenomenal. You won’t find a cleaner “used” amp. 2000$ shipped and PayPal’d to your door. Thank you...
  4. V

FS BLOCKHEAD Jose style high gain JMP build!

For sale is my Blockhead Jose High-Gain 100 watt Head. This head was Ossie Ahsen's (the founder of Blockhead Amps and now with Three Monkeys Amps) personal head. Brad Whitford (one of the "Three Monkeys") lent Ossie his real Jose Arredondo Marshall. Ossie blue-printed and made an exact replica...
  5. V

FS Dead mint Bogner Uberschall revision Blue!

Dead mint Bogner Uberschall revision blue. Amp is pristine, comes with footswitch. Has not left my smoke free studio, and has never been played out. Retubed 6 months ago, and sounds phenomenal. You won’t find a cleaner “used” amp. 2000$ shipped and PayPal’d to your door. Thank you...
  6. V

FS BLOCKHEAD Jose style high gain JMP build!

For sale is my Blockhead Jose High-Gain 100 watt Head. This head was Ossie Ahsen's (the founder of Blockhead Amps and now with Three Monkeys Amps) personal head. Brad Whitford (one of the "Three Monkeys") lent Ossie his real Jose Arredondo Marshall. Ossie blue-printed and made an exact replica...
  7. V

Incoming NAD: Morin Modded Marshall!

Actually, new amps x 2, and new guitar day! 1979 Marshall JMP 2203 modded by Mike Morin, known as the “head from hell” mod. Mike said he only did about 10 of these, and it was done around 1995 or so. Super stoked about this. Always wanted one! Blockhead JMP Jose style amp. Ossie said he only...
  8. V

Blockhead Jose style JMP build??

Hey guys. Just bought this guy on reverb, and it looks and sounds killer! Does anyone have any info on the amp? Of course, I read the description, neat story, but I can’t find any info on this amp whatsoever. I’m assuming this wasn’t a production amp of any kind? The build looks phenomenal, and...
  9. V

Just scored a pre peavey Budda SD80II, what to expect?

I’ll be honest, probably the most impulsive purchase I’ve ever made! But I couldn’t resist: Pre Peavey Budda SD80II, for 700! Seemed like a deal to me. I know they are loud yes haha! But I’ve never seen so many “ favorite amp ever” comments on an amp I think, was very surprised. Anyways just...
  10. V

Local “Vintage plexi” for sale. 700. Can someone look at this please?

I’m not a vintage Marshall expert by any means. The seller doesn’t know much about it. Says it’s a “70s plexi”, unknown transformers, 6550s, obviously been modded. He states only one of the channels is working, could be an easy fix however. No serial date due to the aluminum siding added to the...
  11. V

G&L ASAT special, P90 replacements??

I'd like to put P90s in my ASAT special: They have the larger MFD pickups, which resemble P90s, however are very different. I remember reading once upon a time about someone making MFD sized P90s for direct replacement, but I can't find where I read this at. Any G&L guys any help with this...
  12. V

Why no bogner burnley love here??

I own a ton of overdrives, including the bogner Wessex. While I'm still relatively new to building pedals for overdrive/distortion tones, between the Wessex and the burnley, there isn't a pedal that has come close for medium to high gain tones outside of these two. Their response is amazing...
  13. V

NPD: rockett archer!

im new to the pedal world, unlike most here. And from what I'm hearing I absolutely love! Just extremely unique sounding, even at bedroom levels I absolutely love that middy kinda complex overdrive that this pedal puts out. I've never heard an actual klon nor do I care, but if this is what klons...
  14. V

Scored a Timmy and bogner blue today...

150 for the bogner blue, 100 for the Timmy, I think I did well! What can I expect? These are the first overdrives I've bought in years, and my first time running a board like many of you do; letting your overdrives shape your tone and do a lot of the work. I'm playing through a Jackson ampworks...
  15. V

Wampler plexidrive deluxe vs marvel drive???

Anyone had a chance to compare these two? Judging by clips these are the two best Marshall sounding pedals for MY taste that I've heard so far, with the JHS Charlie Brown being right there as well. Anyone?
  16. V

At a loss where to go rig wise.....

For the last 3 years, I've been professionally playing live with the kemper, and I absolutely love it. however, I recently bought a Jackson Ampworks Mcfly, and had my first gig this past weekend. I absolutely loved it. It really is hard to beat an amp on stage, and I loved using my buddies...
  17. V

Visual Sound Open Road, am I crazy!?

This has gotta be one of the best overdrives I've ever heard! Clips sound amazing, dead on a sound I need on my board for the country rock style of tones I go for. Anyone else using/used one? This could be the most underrated pedal I've ever seen... And I'm picking one up for 50 bucks, what do I...
  18. V

Matchless Hotbox, who has one? Who likes it?

Building a new pedalboard and I came across this guy. I rmemeber over the years it being in and out of production but the tones I heard from a YouTube video are astounding to me right off the bat. Looks like a pedal you could only need one overdrive with possibly. Clean boost on one side...
  19. V

Jackson Ampworks McFly questions. Pedals?

While there is definitely good info out there on this amp, it's still hard to find info out like how it reacts to boost pedals, etc. I also wouldn't mind hearing more info and more reviews on it by the people that own it. Shawn Tubbs youtube video sent me over the edge and I swear it is one of...
  20. V

2x12 for Kemper???

I've been a kemper user for almost 3 years, and have been exclusively FRFR with my Yamaha DXR 12s . I love them, but lately I've thoufht about having the "real amp sound and feel" on stage lately. I've been playing real amps lately and just miss that at times, and wouldn't mind having that as an...
  21. V

Why are there no country tabs/licks anywhere?

Sure there are tons of chords for any song you want to learn, but I've noticed especially with modern country you are hard pressed to find any tabs out there. Just turn on the radio and there are dozens of cool riffs/licks in every song but you will find these tabbed out nowhere. Coming from...
Top Bottom