• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. S3bird

My Bird is Back

It was in the shop since June. Combination of miscommunication and new saddles that never came in. Frankly it's been a wall hanger for years but after the fret level/intonation/set up it plays great.
  2. S3bird

My Bird is Back

I just got my Firebird back from a much needed set-up. I bought in in 93 a week after graduating from high school. Anyway the frets were leveled and re crowned, trus rod and intonation adjusted. Frigging plays good again. Unfortunately I managed to pull something in my left index finger so she's...
  3. S3bird

Which of these huge hits from the 90s is your favorite?

Interstate Love Song was special the first time I heard it. Just so well written and performed. Even people like my parents who weren't 1990's alternative rock fans liked the song :)
  4. S3bird

Anyone here a fan of rhythm and blues/soul music?

Before my time but my parents always played oldies (50s-60s) growing up and still listen on XM 60s. So much good R&B (and music in general) from that era
  5. S3bird

High & Dry released on this day in 1981.

I was 13 when Hysteria came out and was a huge fan. Got into their back catalog and it just got better. H&D is my favorite of theirs closely followed by Pyromania. Unfortunately they lost me after what had brought me in, Hysteria. Glad they're still around though
  6. S3bird

Talk me out of buying a Gibson Explorer

If you can afford it why not. Especially given your story go ahead and do it. Worst case is you sell it down the road. Should hold most of it's value. I've never regretted getting the better version
  7. S3bird

Strat or Tele?

I don't think there a wrong choice as they are both iconic for a reason. I find Strats very comfortable to play and can't imagine not having one (currently have a Highway 1 with RW board). One the flip side I've been through 3 Teles and not likely to get another one any time soon.
  8. S3bird

Any TGPers hear the Beatles live?

My mom saw them in Chicago, said she couldn't even hear them from all the screaming
  9. S3bird

Jimmy Page or Pete Townshend?

I really enjoy both but for different moods/reasons. However since you have to pick one I'll go with Page...at least today
  10. S3bird

BC Rich is bought by 2 people. A rock star and being rebuilt from the ground up.

CC is who I thought of first. Those old Poison videos he way playing a different one every 5 seconds LOL In all seriousness I would love to get a Mockingbird someday (hardtail or Floyd).
  11. S3bird

Bands You Saw Live, Before You Got Into Them?

I went to a Weezer concert and they had Jimmy Eat world as the first act. However the middle band was called Tenacious D. Had no idea what to expect as two average guys with acoustic guitars came and both my wife and I left as fans.
  12. S3bird

ONE single song or tune that to this day still makes your eyes well up ?

This song hit me like the perfect storm. It was still a new song at the time. I had loaded up my Fiero to head to the university. Had a few guitars in the passenger seat and a big Rubbermaid container strapped to the rear deck along with my mountain bike. Anyway I was finally moving out and...
  13. S3bird

2021 purchase plans

Thinking of a Gretsch centerblock Jr and a new amp. Possibly a Blues Jr
  14. S3bird

New Version of HM Strat - Do you think it was a flop for Fender?

If I found one for the right price and happened to be in an 80s mood I might snatch one. I remember the local shop had a pink one back in the day which at the time I thought was pretty cool. However a used Dinky scratched that 80s Superstrat itch. Thought the new ones are a lot of money...
  15. S3bird

The 2020 Annual meeting of GASoholics Anonymous - what did you buy this year?

I bought a used Jackson Dinky Pro and a left over Martin (the sale of my AS Tele was used to partially fund it) Sold/got rid of a few lower end guitars and amps which really felt great.
  16. S3bird

Local Guitar Players Who Inspired and Influenced You.

Easy, my Uncle Tony (RIP). When my aunt married him he played in a popular local band where we was the primary singer and guitar player. He made guitar playing way more accessible. When I first started taking lessons I was learning twinkle twinkle little star but one afternoon Tony showed me...
  17. S3bird

What's your history with USA made guitars what brand did you keep the longest

Bought my Firebird V in 1993 a week after I graduated from high school. Still have it and it's not going anywhere. It's also the longest I've kept a guitar. Have bought a total of 3 Gibsons, 2 US Martins and 2 US Fenders. Kept them all except for the AS Tele (didn't care for the glossy...
  18. S3bird

Unique Voices

Jack White Billy Corgan Took me while to dig their voices
  19. S3bird

Teisco Spectrum reissue acrylic?

Didn't BC Rich offer lower end acrylic in the early 2000's? Sort of wanted a green Mocking Bird that probably would have been a wall hanger lol
  20. S3bird

Well, well, well...what do we have here?

Either they were expensive back then or entry level guitars made now are very inexpensive. Of course to be fair we're not talking neck through.
  21. S3bird

Well, well, well...what do we have here?

Cool, my first electric was the same model Cort, but in black (gold stripes and everything).
  22. S3bird

True Fenders that say "Squier Series"

My first Strat was a mid 90's MIM red with a rosewood fingerboard Bought new). Had the little "Squire Series" on the headstock. Nice playing guitar but the electronics were meh
  23. S3bird

What song REALLY shook you and made you pick up guitar?

Def Leppard was the first band I really got into. Was drawn in with Hysteria and played plenty of air guitar but started getting older releases. The song "High N Dry" (really the whole album) just did it for me. That riff was so tough sounding, especially compared to the pop/hair metal MTV...
  24. S3bird

What guitar brand do you have the most of?

3 Gibson's (Firebird, SG & Les Paul Special) Used to be more of a Fender guy but down to just my old Highway 1 Strat
  25. S3bird

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

It would have to be a Firebird for me. I liked the looks of Explorers but somthing about the more rounded lines and reverse headstock of the Firebird really caught my eye. Hysteria was the first record that was huge for me and Steve Clark played one. Got to play a new reissue and an original...
Top Bottom