• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Major Twang

Any experience with SOLandFA Chassis Kits?

He is Tommy Emmanuel studio/live engineer (among others). Have ordered many times. Purchase with confidence. 7 days shipping to Canada with tracking. Good luck.:)
  2. Major Twang

Pulse Cabs

Copted a few Pulse PM112 white tolex cabs from newark.com loaded with generic 1xG12" 8 Ohm 90db guitar speakers Switched G12" for Vintage 30 Had to frontload Presswood city but cab is small so... Good handle Steel corners Rubber footers Happy camper
  3. Major Twang

6V6's in a Bassman RI?

4. Major Twang

Godin playability

Busy touring
  5. Major Twang

Godin playability

My recording studio in smack the middle of Godin country... beautiful Apalachian mountains, giant maple trees and lakes. Quality wood here due to extreme winter cold. Godin sells AAAAA wood to Gibson, Fender and Martin for a reason. Anyways, i have a Godin Richmond neck on my strat and i love...
  6. Major Twang

Headphone out sounding thin on Santo (KLD) Uranus 5 watts 12xa7-6L6 amp

Got this Santo Uranus 5 watt tube amp on ebay for 265$ can. It is a renamed KLD amp from China with good components. Two 12AX7 & one 6L6/EL34, a reverb tank and headphone out. With a Shure in ear headphone plugged in, i was disapointed by the thin sounding sound. Wondering if an headphone amp...
  7. Major Twang

People in China play Chinese guitars?

Battle of drama series...Vote now... ``Secret Garden`` or ``Days of our lives``
  8. Major Twang

sadly...i cannot find any Googling. They appear to be strong in Classical instruments...nylon strings guitars and Violin etc. Some nylon strings classical guitar luthier's go for 5K+.
  9. Major Twang

Sen's guitar luthier comes to mind. His guitars was built to spec for 500$ back a few years. Plenty of guitar shop in Beijing along Gulou Dong Da Jie and Xinjiekou. Price : 25$ to 80$ back then... :munch
  10. Major Twang

I was surprised to see so many AMG Mercedes V12 on my first visit...along with the charcoal covered early bird coolie delivering coal disks on a two wheel chariot. My experience suggest that Chinese folks adapt easily to any new situation as they are hard working folks...it's in their gene...
  11. Major Twang

Marketing, pride of ownership and bragging rights are Big in the free world. Newbies and one-hour-a-month-players lusting for 6K Custom shop are common. Ask any home player and lawyers what is important in a guitar purchased and there answer is ...RESALE VALUE! Fender and Gibson giving...
  12. Major Twang

not off topic... Chinese craftmen are no 1 in my book... one can buy a nice Tele in CHINA for less than 40$US If some of them are duds...please remember that they are build to a price point.:munch
  13. Major Twang

first trip to China in 1995... Funny how folks that have never been there OR never bought a knock-off have such firm opinions on bashing fake guitars... In 1965 i bought my first ``good`` guitar...a used 50's Tele. That was a welcome change from the Japanese guitar amp combo that my father...
  14. Major Twang

Chinese Tele with Nocaster pups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBQjA6qwGk
  15. Major Twang

Chinese tele with NoCaster pups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBQjA6qwGk :munch:munch:munch
  16. Major Twang

Supro 1650 RTA. Anyone know anything?

i've seen the pics...the unit is stock...be prepared to have to work on it... Electrolytics will have to go...
  17. Major Twang

Montreal's Boutique Tone

Yup... Tire kickers don't pay the rent... Lots of those in Mtl...
  18. Major Twang

Montreal's Boutique Tone

With Moog Audio a few block's down...huh...the writing was on the wall!
  19. Major Twang

Tom Petty's Guitars Stolen. . .

on a somber note, i'd like to report 3 missing medium pics from Bill's Studio. The police has collected some evidence and the cleaning lady is being held for questionning. We will be playing at the 420 BC convention tomorrow!
  20. Major Twang

Tom Petty's Guitars Stolen. . .

and no way was i to accept the 7500$... I love music too much to compromise!
  21. Major Twang

Mister Phil Spector's "Wall Of Sound"

OK found it! Will watch the outtakes until i can order the film. Ordered the book... Thanks for the tip! I would of loved to be there watching these guys ... Oh well, can't have everything!
  22. Major Twang

May i ask about that movie? Title? etc... I'll google it, but any info would be most welcome... Big fan here!
  23. Major Twang

Reading Mister Spector's bio... From what i grasp, part of his W.O.S. technique was = six guitars strumming in unisson,:stir no symbals on the drum set:rimshot, spils on the microphones:phones... Anything else to add?:banana
  24. Major Twang

new trainwreck amps?

Nice amp!
  25. Major Twang

new trainwreck amps?

Nice amp!
Top Bottom