• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Y

Humbuckers Inferior to Single Coils

Thanks? Each type has their place. i dont understand the point of threads like these.
  2. Y

Torn/Niwa/Prezens

david Torn is one of my favs.
  3. Y

Who does not mind the single coil hum?

I dont mind it really. It some situations i actually prefer it.
  4. Y

Guitar teachers in Nashville, TN

Hehe, george Gruhn comes into the vet clinic i work at a couple of times a month, usually. I cant believe i havent thought to ask him. Guitarguy, does John pell do private lessons or does he strictly teach through the university?
  5. Y

Guitar teachers in Nashville, TN

Does anyone know of some really good ones?
  6. Y

Anyone else irritated by clone builders?

I guess im just old school in that I miss the days where things were completely handmade. There is something special about that to me, even if the product isnt something that i desire. Theres just something very warm and appealing about a guy putting everything he has into something without...
  7. Y

the "Definitive" small co. luthier photo thread

Those versouls are gorgeous!
  8. Y

Line6 Tube Amp

Found this on Harmony Central. Seems to be from mister John Z.
  9. Y

Line6 Tube Amp

10. Y

New Gibson John Lennon LP Special!

The price is retarded, but that's Gibson for you. The one I played at Guitar Center was killer, though.
  11. Y

Scabies (with Marc Ribot)

whoa. thats some awesome stuff. What did you record with?
  12. Y

I've been ruined by a $100 guitar

Its seriously always the ones that you dont expect. I picked up a BC Rich at Guitar Center tonight simply because I didnt think I had ever actually cared to pick one up before. Well, I did and it had the best damned neck I have ever put my hand around. Congrats on the guitar. People seem to...
  13. Y

Ebony availability.

That Blackmachine top is exactly what I am looking for, and that very guitar is what got me onto an ebony kick.
  14. Y

Ebony availability.

Looks, and nothing else. Nathan Sheppard wont even do a veneer. Solid, carved tops only from him. He actually just built a guitar out of a solid block of Ebony. It looks killer, although Im not sure how that would sound. What other options would there be?
  15. Y

Ebony availability.

I really wany something dark. African Blackwood would be prime, but Nathan Sheppard quoted me 1,000 GBP just for a top. I am not sure about the prices for ABW, but that just seems insane. Here is a sample of gaboon ebony that is exactly what i am wanting: or: I really dig the dark red and...
  16. Y

thoughts on trading dr scientist RRR for a verbzilla?

Radical Red Reverberator. I really have no business in replying to your thread considering I have only played the verbzilla, but I have talked to a couple of people who have said that the Verbzilla is a bit more natural sounding than the RRR. Regardless, I still want to try the RRR.
  17. Y

Ebony availability.

Thanks for the reply, jack. All I want is a veneer or extremely thin top. I just want it for aesthetic purposes only.
  18. Y

What do you think of Warrior guitars?

i really dig the guitars they made for Sam Ash. I also think the signature is one of the coolest looking doublecuts ever made. I love the way they carve their tops.
  19. Y

Ebony availability.

Is an ebony top even an option these days? According to some builders I have talked to, it's not. What's the deal with it?
  20. Y

New delay from Empress Effects is overdue.

From their website: July 19, 2007 "As for the delay, it's a little behind schedule (we said we'd have it out by now), but we are just putting the finishing touches on it."
  21. Y

Show your ARTINGER!

Please do. How much does it run, if you dont mind me asking?
  22. Y

Show your ARTINGER!

That is definitely the sweetest take on the singlecut I have ever seen. damn.
  23. Y

Your favorite PRS

As far as current models go, my favorite is the SC 245 or a standard in vintage Mahogany. As far as my favorite goes for all time, I would have to say a standard in the now discontinued stained walnut finish.
  24. Y

Artistic Guitars

www.pheoguitars.com http://www.garageguitars.com -Spalt http://www.specimenproducts.com/ - just a lot of cool, weird stuff. www.kollguitars.com - Although a bit more conservative than the others that I listed, they definitely have their own vibe going. Kind of retro, kind of modern. I really...
Top Bottom