• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. nohjoh

Gotoh 1088 with stripped threads in the block. repair?

Hey All. I have a Gotoh 1088 in a '96 Tom Anderson Drop Top Classic. Anyway... I stripped the threads in the block where the tremolo arm screws in. Should I re-tap or should I get a new block? Perhaps even a whole new bridge? Is there a bridge that sounds better that won't require drastic...
  2. nohjoh

Time-sync'd octaver?

Anyone make a time synched octaver??? Other than turning an octave generator (like a POG) on and off really fast with your foot... wondering if anyone makes a timed octave generator... like the arpeggiator in the Adrenalinn (but i'm not sure it can be set to just octaves)
  3. nohjoh

Cable vs Line6 wireless SHOOTOUT!

Cable vs Line6 wireless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d015v-3fPIU <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d015v-3fPIU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"...
  4. nohjoh

Uneven string volume in Nylon string w/ B-Band

I have an under-the-saddle B-Band pickup in my custom Nylon String classical and the G string is MUCH louder than the other strings. I've has the bridge rout "fixed" and a new pickup put in there... I've been told to push the bridge/saddle in there to make sure it's seated in there well...
  5. nohjoh

Rockett Pedals - Animal & Blue Note

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1GeeghoUl4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed...
  6. nohjoh

Guitar player needs help buying a P Bass

I'm a guitar player and I plan on getting a P Bass to record ideas with... I like the P Bass sound because as a guitar player I want to be the frequency hog most of the time :o (I don't care about versatility... really... when I need anything with a more pronounced sound, I need to call a real...
  7. nohjoh

Schaefer Guitars (Jazz box/Hollowbodies)

Anyone heard of em?
  8. nohjoh

Bogner XTC effects loop bleed???

what's up with the bleed through in the series FX loop? I called Bogner and they basically said "who cares?" I use a volume pedal as a master control in the FX loop, and if the volume pedal is backed off 100% I want the volume off 100%... I've even pulled the cables out of the FX loop...
  9. nohjoh

Long Speaker Cables???

I want to make a long speaker cable for recording in another room - like 30 feet or so... bad idea? If not, which brand of speaker cable is the best bang-for-the-buck without sacrificing tone.
  10. nohjoh

tuner not picking up notes... impedance issue?

When I plug directly into the (Bodd TU2) tuner, it works fine, but it doesn't hear the pitches when it's plugged into the "tuner out" of the volume pedal... unless I turn the boost pedal on. I do have a buffer on before the volume pedal (I use the 25k EB vol) Any help here?
  11. nohjoh

Dear Bogner Ecstasy... I'm sorry for almost giving up on you.

I have a Bogner XTC 101A Because it's the 6L6 version, I always thought it was the red-headed stepchild of the XTC family - There's hardly a clip to be heard of the 101A on the Bogner site - A mere token reference. Even the XTC manual says "Thank you for purchasing the Ecstasy 101B" And now...
  12. nohjoh

Noise issues with Budda Wah?

I love the tone & musicality of my Budda Wah, but it is severly affected by electrical interference - from certain venues - causing 60 cycle hum so bad I can't use it. I have a regular TV gig, and I am forced to use my Cry Baby there because the RF Interference doesn't affect it. The Budda hums...
  13. nohjoh

Lollar Imperials in a strat?

Anyone tried them in a strat's bridge position? Like it, hate it?
  14. nohjoh

Modfactor works with Voodoo Labs PP2+

I hate wall warts. I just hooked up the modfactor up to my Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 plus Power Supply. I used a larger barrell (2.5mm) adapter and put it on the higher power "L6" slot. I also made sure the tip was + (with the switch) (basically, I treated the Modfactor as if it was a Line6...
  15. nohjoh

Amp head switcher with "flexible" FX loop function???

I'm searching for a head switcher that not only switches between multiple amp inputs but can also switch between the FX loops of those different amps. Is this possible? Mario Marino of Axess Electronics mentioned that the SoundSculpture HeadTrip uses an FX loop, but i'm interested in having the...
  16. nohjoh

I just joined the NAYLOR fan club

After hearing from other gear page members (philc and suckamc) and seeing more pics of other studio guys rigs I decided to check out Naylors. I heard the Super-Drive 60 was THE amp to get for a wide range of rock tones (from tweed, to plexi, to modded Marshall-type heavy & lead). Seeing as I...
Top Bottom