• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. E

Hercules Guitar stands Beware!!!!

those are some beautiful guitars!!!
  2. E

Anyone have experience with K&M stands? I hear they are built like tanks?
  3. E

Come on my house is full of things made from plastic that have lasted over 20 years. I personally have never had a plastic item disintegrate like this; melt into a gooey substance. I called the company and the rep said they were aware of this "problem" and stated it had to do with a chemical...
  4. E

Exactly I provided the serial numbers they know they are defective they should just own up and support their product!
  5. E

I am far from Lazy and I do save most of my receipts! The reason I don't save receipts for guitar stands as what could possibly go wrong other than user abuse? Especially for an item that cost less than $50? Who would guess that there would be a wide spread manufacturing defect that could...
  6. E

Do you worry about them hitting into each other when you are switching guitars?
  7. E

I am sure I could bring the stands to my local guitar center where i bought them over 5 years ago and they would help me out, to be honest I wouldn't want to put them through the hassle of trying to figure out from hundreds of purchases I made, which ones contain the stands. It just not worth...
  8. E

I bought mine from guitar center and called them and they told me their receipts could only be searched for the last 3 years. I should have bought them from sweetwater. It really shouldn't matter as I am willing to send them the actual defective stands. You either "stand" behind your stand or not :)
  9. E

Also as they didn't believe me that the mechanisms have all become full of the sticky stuff they said prove it to them by taking a picture. They suggested using those disposable gloves. well so i did that I am now out 6 of those gloves and in the age of covid they are probably worth more than...
  10. E

Today they requested I take a picture of all the stands together despite that i previously took pictures of all the serial numbers for them and the stands independently. They also wanted all the serial numbers in one picture. So i had my stands do gymnastics and managed to take a picture of all...
  11. E

you will know when they start to fail as the position grip mechanism starts to get sticky . Once again this is a common problem that the company is well aware of check the internet. I think that is why the new version of this stand has a redesigned mechanism. Maybe teh new one's will not have...
  12. E

Good company's will stand by their gear with or without a receipt. If I kept every receipt for the gear I purchase I would either need another house for them or spend all my time scanning and organizing receipts. I do keep all my receipts for my expensive gear. This is a know defect that these...
  13. E

So I own around 20 guitar stands in my studio. Most are from the Company Hercules. I now have had about 1/2 of them fail. What happens is the height changing mechanism which is made of a rubberized plastic starts to disintegrate. Eventually causing complete failure. The first warning sign is...
  14. E

Best B3, Rhodes, Synth, Piano in One Keyboard

I think the overall best sounding by far is the Kurzweil. I have tried the nord and kronos. they both have usable sounds however, there is something thin to me in the sound of those boards. The Kurzweil to me has a quote "organic sound" whatever that means. I keep wanting to buy a Nord however...
  15. E

Hiwatt speaker replacement advise?

does weber make a good crescendo copy?
  16. E

Hiwatt speaker replacement advise?

I have an early 70's 50 watt combo Hiwatt (Bulldog) It has an EV 12l speaker that is now buzzing I need a replacement. Any recommendations? I was thinking about a new version EL 12 L they make 2 versions classic and regular other options Celestial 12 cream back alnico can handle 90watts any...
  17. E

here is the new santa cruz cocobolo vs collings om1a

You are correct very good ear!! In both samples the second guitar is the santa cruz. The differences are much more pronounced when listening to them live.
  18. E

I know it was a mistake they won't take returns can any one guess which is the callings and which is the santa cruz from the recordings?
  19. E

And hear is another example of the two guitars
  20. E

so just forked out 7k for this santa cruz om cocobolo with italian spruce, seems dull compared to my om1a collinus. wanted to get you opinions? just took a few seconds strumming some g chords between the two? They both have the same light strings by pearson. no effect just a simple recording. (...
  21. E

my new cocobolo OM santa cruz vs my collings OM mahogany 1a?

So I ended up buying an om santa cruz with Cocobolo back and sides and Italian spruce top. So far I am still liking my collings om 1a better? To me its clearer more bell like where the Santa Cruz has more going on ( i am guessing more overtones) this leads to more of a "fuzzy " sound to my...
  22. E

Santa cruz om Cocobolo?

well I ended up buying the cocobolo with italian spruce top santaCruz, kind of an impulse decision. I have already a collings om1a and a martin authentic 1933 OM -18. The santa Cruz is nice however I am having buyers remorse as I do not think it sounds that much "better' than the collings or...
  23. E

Santa cruz om Cocobolo?

so i am in love with OM's I have a collings indian rosewood addy and a martin om 18 1933 remake they are both outstanding guitars. was looking to get a Santa Cruz OM. wondering if anyone out there has experience how they compare to others? I have seen several made from cocobolo how does that...
  24. E

opinions on Fano TC6 with TV jones powertrons?

How do you guys feel about the new ones vs the ones made before fano left the company, i was told only the older versions are better?
Top Bottom