• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. R

What's the deal with these Digitech Hardwire pedals?

I am sorry. I should have clarified. Yes, no external tap, which is immensely useful.
  2. R

What's the deal with these Digitech Hardwire pedals?

Imho, the delay is the only real misstep in the bunch. The reverb and rotary are gorgeous sounding. Non-guitarists have said, wow that is beautiful. I am considering the dirt pedals now. However, the dd7 will not be replaced from my board. Sometimes, the tap is really needed. I play lots of pit...
  3. R

Help with low gain

Affordable options that fit your bill of goods: mxr custom modified badass overdrive; visual sounds open road; and the obvious maxon 808 or ibanez tube screamer. All these are very good pedals and will last a long time...And not break the bank.
  4. R

Help with low gain

Dat be easily a grand in pedals?
  5. R

Boss dd7 vs Line 6 Echo Park: noise issues?

I did not buy the echo park because the build seemed less reliable than the boss.
  6. R

Boss dd7 vs Line 6 Echo Park: noise issues?

Boss dd7 owner. No noise issues. If you get it, add on the extension/expression pedal. With it, you can make full use of the pedal. Oh yeah, it has a wonderful analog patch.
  7. R

Disappointments - Ever buy a pedal and immediately flip it?

Rat is run of the mill, too. Good pedal, mind you. In fact, most of the pedals mentioned are pretty damned good.
  8. R

Think he means the vfe is overpriced and nothing more than a regular ts like pedal.
  9. R

Since you leave it on, do you use your volume pot to dial back for cleans and then roll forward for dirt?
  10. R

looking for an overdrive pedal, which one do you recomend me?

It was a much more rounded eq, not the pronounced ts mid hump, and has more control over bass and dirt.
  11. R

looking for an overdrive pedal, which one do you recomend me?

Not knowing what your taste is tone/EQ, it is hard to recommend. If you disliked the tube screamer because of the pronounced mids try the mxr custom badass overdrive or the visual sounds open road. Both are very full sounding and have lots of tones on tap.
  12. R

Anti-Tap Tempo Mentality is Idiotic and Really Frustrating.

It all depends on how one uses the delay. If I want depth on my leads no tap is needed; however, if the delay is adding rhythmic content, then it needs to sync with the music.
  13. R

In Need Of Some Wonderful Pedals- Overdrive/Delay/Reverb etc.

Timmy and fulltone guys have beat the wampler dudes to the punch.
  14. R

MXR "Super Badass" Distortion

I liked it but preferred the 78 cbadistortion. The latter feels warmer.
  15. R

Best distortion pedal under $200

Good advice. I am curious what pedal the plextortion models.
  16. R

Brian Wampler is a bit of a genius. Just not sure the price tag is appropriate.
  17. R

Indeed. Boss, ibanez, mxr, dod, digitech, etc. all make very good and reliable pedals. Spending more than $100 on a pedal seems silly. Its like moving into a payment on an amp. I use the MXR 78 custom badass. Warm, thick, large sounding. Nice full bass and no piercing highs.
  18. R

Best overdrive to get a hillsong/united tone

Let me guess: vox ac30, timmy, strymon delays and reverb, and sandals?
  19. R

How come you rarely see tube dirt pedals here?

Any word on blackstar tube pedals?
  20. R

Pedal Power 2 worth the upgrade from a One Spot?

Tgp where the upsell is king.
  21. R

Pedal Power 2 worth the upgrade from a One Spot?

I have a one spot and have 12 pedals. It is mix of true bypass and buffered. I also run them into a noise gate. Noise comes to play with pedal or amp dirt, it is not a lot. The gate deals with it well. I should be clear that i only run four or five together at most. I have not tried all on.
  22. R

Boss SD-1 love -- who uses them?

Great pedal. You can't go wrong. The thing is reliable and covers a lot of ground.
Top Bottom