• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Groberts

Carr Telstar

Cool report! I wonder if the Tone Tubby Chicago blue is also unavailable due to supply issues?
  2. Groberts

FSOT 2021 Collings I-30LC w/60s neck, Throbak humbuckers

I have an I-30 LC with Throbak P90's and it is mindblowing how great these guitars are! What is the color of this one? I can't tell if it is faded Cherry? Mine is faded cherry and it's a lot brighter and lighter. Yours looks darker but that could be the lighting in the photos. What is the...
  3. Groberts

Sold 2021 PRS Silver Sky - Orion Green

I own one of these. Killer guitar! Somebody make an offer and get a great guitar from a great seller! Shades of Blue is "integrity personified." Can't go wrong.
  4. Groberts

FS Fender Summer Limited 1955 Strat $3150

Can't believe this is still here. Sensational guitar at a great price. Somebody grab it
  5. Groberts

Fender 64 Deluxe Reverb Handwired / Carr Rambler / Carr Telstar Comparison

Thanks! I love the Rambler too. It is superb on gigs. That's where the difference becomes more notable. My amp choice depends on how much clean headroom I need in any given venue.
  6. Groberts

No mic. This was all captured using the video recording mic in the room. I have a lot of sound panels and have treated the room nicely. I have to agree the Carr Rambler sounds incredible and was particularly good in this comparison. I love that amp. It is one of my all-time favorite 1x12 combos.
  7. Groberts

The Carr Rambler to me is the quietest. The loudest background noise is definitely the Fender 64 Custom Handwired Deluxe Reverb.
  8. Groberts

Good question. The reason is; This 64 Deluxe Reverb Custom Handwired has Reverb on the normal channel as well as the bright channel. The reverb from the amp was engaged. The Tremolo also works in the first channel on the 64 custom handwired Deluxe reverb. If you didn't care for any of these...
  9. Groberts

I agree. The Rambler absolutely has more clean headroom and will play louder 'pure clean' than the Fender 64 Deluxe Reverb. I use the Rambler when I need more clean headroom at a certain volume. Because I often lay down loops and solo over them, I need the recorded loop track to play back pure...
  10. Groberts

This was lush and 53 mode. At low volume, I find the 58 switch mode is brighter and more Vox/ British sounding. There are times when I want that. For this Nocaster, I felt the 53 mode sounded best.
  11. Groberts

Thanks for the nice comments. I would try a Jupiter Alnico in my Telstar if I could buy one. That are not currently available due to a supply shortage.
  12. Groberts

Hi guys, I made a video of my 2017 NAMM LTD Edition Fender Nocaster Heavy Relic with hand-wound custom shop Texas Special pickups.I wanted to hear it through three of my favorite 1x12 combo amp. So I decided this might be a good informational post to share even though the amp comparisons were...
  13. Groberts

NGD Collings I35 Deluxe

Your Collings I-35 Deluxe is stunning!!! Well done. Enjoy!
  14. Groberts

Sold 2021 PRS Silver Sky - Orion Green

Giving props to any potential buyer. Shades is absolutely one of the greatest people you could deal with.
  15. Groberts

FS Fender Summer Limited 1955 Strat $3150

Such a killer guitar. Chris, the seller is as reputable as they come! Great musician too. Good luck with the sale.
  16. Groberts

Which would you prefer high end Les Paul or High end Collings?

I was flirting with a '59 Gibson Les Paul Murphy Lab ultra-light aged with Benchmark PU's. Arguably, a very high-end custom shop Les Paul. I was able to try it for a day or two at home. It just wasn't staying in tune worth a damn and the tone was Ok but not rocking my world. I wound up with a...
  17. Groberts

Carr Telstar / Carr Rambler Video Contrast

Hey SRT, Your points are excellent! I didn't even touch on the '58 switch mode in this basic comparison. I do find the 59 mode is brighter and I hear a but more of a blackface meets Vox flavor. (Which is awesome) and yes the interaction of tone knob depending on volume and switch mode is highly...
  18. Groberts

Carr Telstar / Carr Rambler Video Contrast

I made a rather non-scientific comparison of my new Carr Telstar to my Carr Rambler. Just left both amps set the way I typically use them. Demo guitar: Fender Custom Shop 61 Strat, heavy relic, Wildwood 10. Overdrive pedal : Analogman King of Tone (Red side) I also did a brief speaker...
  19. Groberts

Carr Telstar

I had a chance to try one locally and I had my Carr Rambler with me. Both are incredible. But when I plugged into the Telstar, it has something very unique and special, especially if you like natural amp break-up ...at whatever volume you need (courtesy of the power attenuator). Such a cool amp...
  20. Groberts

Carr Telstar

The height/width/depth of the Telstar is so similar to the Rambler, the Carr Rambler Tuki cover I have for my Rambler fits perfectly over the Telstar! Yes. The Deluxe is 3" wider than the Rambler and Telstar. Deluxe Reverb = 24" wide. Telstar/Rambler are 21" wide. PS: I just measured the...
  21. Groberts

Sold Browne Amplification Protein V2.2 Current Ver - Mint - Dual Overdrive

PM's Replied to. This might be gone today but still available
  22. Groberts

NAD - Carr Telstar First Impressions & Videos

I am going to source some NOS RCA tubes. Did you try any different EL84's? Wondering if an old stock Mullard would be even better?
  23. Groberts

Sold Browne Amplification Protein V2.2 Current Ver - Mint - Dual Overdrive

Protein Price drop for weekend - Dead mint. A few weeks old. In original box.
  24. Groberts

NAD - Carr Telstar First Impressions & Videos

I love the Sportsman too. I own a Rambler and it continues to get tons of love and has been my main amp at home and for gigs. But this Telstar is very likely going to get a ton of love and gigging time. I really like the Skylark, but I tried in on a gig and it just didn't have the clean headroom...
Top Bottom