• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Major Twang

Mister Phil Spector's "Wall Of Sound"

OK found it! Will watch the outtakes until i can order the film. Ordered the book... Thanks for the tip! I would of loved to be there watching these guys ... Oh well, can't have everything!
  2. Major Twang

May i ask about that movie? Title? etc... I'll google it, but any info would be most welcome... Big fan here!
  3. Major Twang

Reading Mister Spector's bio... From what i grasp, part of his W.O.S. technique was = six guitars strumming in unisson,:stir no symbals on the drum set:rimshot, spils on the microphones:phones... Anything else to add?:banana
  4. Major Twang

Alan Parson's Art & Science DVD

i give Alan Parson and his team 10 dancing banana for his Art & Science DVD :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana That's ten on ten... For the record, i use a Sanyo MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 for all my You Tube dowloads and i am not associated with Alan Parson... tt
  5. Major Twang

vocal removing machine or gizmo to play along

i just found videos showing the technique on You Tube for Audacity and others, as per Mike's recommendation...
  6. Major Twang

thanks fot the tip Mike, in the last 10 years, with internet, i've learned how to build amps, refret a guitar etc but, still cannot work out Garage Band... i can e-mail and shoot for the forums but... i must seriously sit down and work on those recording software...
  7. Major Twang

thanks Mike, i'll look in to the Karaoke stuff...
  8. Major Twang

my thing is to play along with artist on me he-man hi-fi rig in the confort of my home...i like to sing along, play harp and guitar... i like to put a cd on and sing and play guitar through one of my guitars and amps... is there a machine or gizmo that would remove the singer's part on the cd...
  9. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

update... the book ¨Recording The Beatles¨ showed up at my door unexpectedly today... what a book it is...highly recommended!!!! comes with b&w prints and a few goodies. i'm a happy camper...i sent an e-mail to the publisher for payment...i pride myself to be an honest duder...
  10. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

thanks for the recommendation chris, i'm ordering it...:banana
  11. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

i'm happy for you but, i don't understand why a new order gets shipped pretty well right away...while this bozo, who ordered on Nov. fifth 2009 gets the cold feet... bad business practice if you ask me...:munch be prepared to wait if you live in Japan!
  12. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

got a full refund today... will re-order when the catching up is done... thanks for the inputs!
  13. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

will do!
  14. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

just called the publisher in Texas and got ...a huh...er...an answering machine... i left a message to cancel and refund me Visa... i'm a book junkie...even the Dumble Book got here in a relatively good time...shipped from Luxembourg... too bad!:munch
  15. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

i did send a ``please refund me Visa`` and got the same old automated message ...``be patient, you'll get your book soon``... i guess customer service is not their forté...:munch will have to dial Texas and hear what they have to say...
  16. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

they said that they had just received the books late from China and that the books were being processed and shipped...not to worry...to be patient... these are automated message by the way... i find it weird that 52ftbuddha ordered his on feb 2 and got it a week later...while this cowboy has...
  17. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

i loved reading Geof's book also...lots of fun...my impression is that Paul is less moody, more cheerful than the others, and, really wanted to get things right...happier go lucky, if you will... as far as the Recording The Beatles book's package...i have no idea as to what it comes with...
  18. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

thanks for the good words folks... i just need to be patient...:munch
  19. Major Twang

Recording the Beatles...

i pre-ordered the book many months ago... Got an e-mail on Feb 1 stating they had finally received the book and that they were going to ship it a.s.a.p. I am still waiting for it... Any of you'se:knitting dudes got yours already...
  20. Major Twang

1 Mic, $300, What should I get?????????

Shure SM57 Studio Projects B1 Pocket ze change
Top Bottom