• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

So this ended up not happening, though the Euclidean delay is a multi tap delay that can sort of be programmed to simulate the “random” tap times Allan used the UD for, though crucially it has no panning capabilities, which is a key feature of the UD. Too bad, seems like a missed opportunity.
  2. steinny

Helix 3.1?

Going to be a UD Stomp model, right? ;) https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ud-stomp-model-in-helix.2218393/page-2
  3. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

There are so many random effect models in Helix, dozens of variations on delay, chorus, etc,; no single one drives sales, but the UD Stomp and magicstomp (which many are interested in because it can do the UD Stomp delays) both have something of a cult following--there's a magicstomp facebook...
  4. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

Given the Helix can easily handle quite a few multitap and stereo delay blocks simultaneously, it would be surprising if a UD sim would tax the processor at all.
  5. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

Why not? It's a natural evolution given Yamaha owns Line 6.
  6. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

@Digital Igloo ?
  7. steinny

UD Stomp Model in Helix?

I've always found it surprising that no one has tried to develop a proper UD Stomp clone (either within a modeler or as a standalone pedal). It is a unique pedal that can't really be replicated exactly by any modeler (though I know one can get "close" with typical multi-tap delays), and sells...
  8. steinny

Any other differences between the headphone/non-headphone FM3s?

The first batch was apparently built by the factory that way even though the specs called for a headphone jack (that is what I recall hearing at least).
  9. steinny

Just saw this in a Reverb listing: "Unit is the non-headphone jack version that has been said to be more stable than the headphone jack version in regards to the USB audio interface. " Anyone else heard this?
  10. steinny

I understand these are supposed to be identical other than the headphone jack, but, given all the firmware-related issues that have arisen so far I'm wondering if there's any suggestion that the headphone version either fixes any old issues or has introduced new ones (based on hardware, i.e...
  11. steinny

What's the current status of the FM3 latency issue?

...but that thread suggests there is now a pervasive freezing issue. Yikes.
  12. steinny

What's the current status of the FM3 latency issue?

I got one of the very first units a while back and it had significant USB latency issues. I understand Fractal has released a number of updates since then to fix it but from what I'm seeing on the boards the issue still isn't fully fixed (i.e., it sill has noticeably worse latency than typical...
  13. Czvwzzzaksxejrqhaai3 (1)

Czvwzzzaksxejrqhaai3 (1)

14. Fage8q6fmpyshj6d8ltd

Fage8q6fmpyshj6d8ltd

15. Me12oa1jrvcgnn4epdgh

Me12oa1jrvcgnn4epdgh

16. steinny

Who is using the Two Notes CAB M with an amp?

There are a few threads on the CAB M but the vast majority of the discussion appears to center around using it as an IR processor at the end of a pedal chain as opposed to using it in lieu of a mic with amp. Would like to hear from those who are using it with an amp, particularly for...
  17. steinny

Milkman Sound THE AMP ... is it worth it?

bumping this -- anyone have experience with it yet?
  18. steinny

Shipping a guitar to Japan - Customs paperwork?

This is great, thanks!
  19. steinny

No rosewood -- do you know anything about the forms needed otherwise?
  20. steinny

Does anyone have experience with shipping a guitar to Japan? What Customs paperwork is required? Any tips/pitfalls to avoid?
  21. steinny

Boss OC-3 alternatives?

Wouldn't this produce exactly the same sound (wubbly synth bass) that the OC3 produces? Or are there more options?
  22. steinny

Boss OC-3 alternatives?

A had a horrible experience with A Little Thunder. The first one they sent me was totally nonfunctional, and I emailed them and they responded right away they would send another one. Weeks went by and nothing was sent, they sent me a few cryptic email messages suggesting it would be sent soon...
  23. steinny

Boss OC-3 alternatives?

Ambitious pedal makers, take note.
Top Bottom