• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. zastruga

Bring Forth Your Mutts, Mongrels, Bangers and Bodgers, Let's Talk Player Grade

1962 Fender Jazzmaster Not overly modded, but definitely a player! Best I can surmise, this went back to the factory in the late 60's for a refin and a tune up. It's a '62, but loaded with CBS era parts. The refin also appears to be factory, though the color is certainly unique. The previous...
  2. zastruga

Fender has heard our prayers (XII and Meteora)

MF has them listed: XII - $999 / July https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-alternate-reality-electric-xii-pau-ferro-fingerboard-electric-guitar Meteora - $999 / May https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-alternate-reality-meteora-hh-electric-guitar Sixty-Six - $899 / April...
  3. zastruga

Fender has heard our prayers (XII and Meteora)

Hard to say for sure, since all the price leaks have been in pounds or Euros. But it's listed the same as the Meteora everywhere that's currently listing it, and the Meteora is $999 on Fender's website. So I'd say its a safe bet to assume the XII will also be $999.
  4. zastruga

Pawn Shop finds!

I generally have crap luck at pawn shops, to the point that I rarely step foot in them any more. It's almost always just a bunch of broken Jay Tursers priced like vintage Fenders and employees with massive chips on their shoulder and zero room to haggle. But, I did score this Thin Skin AVRI...
  5. zastruga

Is it lame to have a tuner on your board?

You answered your own question. People are using headstock tuners more and more and using that freed up tuner space for other things. Headstock tuners really have gotten good over the past couple of years. That said, I would personally never build a board without a tuner! Batteries die, small...
  6. zastruga

PSA: Adorama deal on Duo Sonic ($359)

I think they're great guitars too! My point is more that the listing makes no sense given that a) there is no evidence that Fender ever made this model in LPB b) the listing says pau ferro fretboard when the photos clearly show maple and c) none of the other HS Duos have had maple boards. Just...
  7. zastruga

Right, the pink Mustang is available everywhere and listed on Fender's website, along with all the other additions to the line (canary yellow, etc). This Adorama listing is the only evidence of a LPB Duo-Sonic. Doubly curious with the obviously maple neck.
  8. zastruga

Hmm.. listing is weird. Pau ferro board? Sure looks like maple! I also don't recall there being a Lake Placid version of this model?
  9. zastruga

New Meris pedal (Polymoon)?

A bit of a long shot probably, but is anyone running sales on these (or the Mercury) this week?
  10. zastruga

TC Electronic 3rd Dimension Chorus - BOSS DC-2 Clone

Can we all just agree that TC clearly meant "Dimension" to refer to the fact that it is a clone of a rare DC-2 from an *ahem* alternate dimension in which it was always mono? (Hey look, words can mean different things in different contexts!)
  11. zastruga

Epiphone Wildkat owners....what say you?

It's flashy for sure! I've gotten more compliments on that guitar's appearance than any of my $2000+ Gibsons or Fenders. Go figure :D One more side note... Not sure if it really makes a difference, but when I rewired it I left out the master volume, so it's just 2 vol and a master tone now. I...
  12. zastruga

Epiphone Wildkat owners....what say you?

I've got an early one from Korea and it's a well built guitar. It plays really well, if a bit plasticky feeling for my taste. The neck is on the thicker side, but nowhere near '59 baseball bat Les Paul. Somewhere between Louisville Slugger and the modern slim Gibson shape. Comfy and never gets...
  13. zastruga

New Meris pedal (Polymoon)?

That might be the most useless pedal ever invented. No one on TGP actually plays guitar!
  14. zastruga

Finally the clip-on tuner the market needs...

I did the same for both of mine! I was really hoping these would get listed by the same seller and we could grab them close to $20-25, but Sweetwater exclusiveness kind of kills that.
  15. zastruga

Finally the clip-on tuner the market needs...

This was literally announced this morning, so unlikely anyone's tried one. It is a great idea though! (Also, I don't think it's a Sweetwater exclusive. Other stores probably just haven't listed it yet, what with it literally being announced this morning.) Edit: I actually bothered to read the...
  16. zastruga

DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay

Sounded great through a cranked AC30 last night! For lack of better comparison, sounded rather *ahem* Edgy. I haven't tried it in front of dirt pedals, but I imagine the result would be similar. I was noticing how lovely the bloom on the repeats is with the tone set fairly bright. They start...
  17. zastruga

Don't get me wrong, the Supa Puss is a cool pedal, it just didn't do what I wanted. I was looking for an analog delay with the ease-of-use of a digital delay. The Supa Puss is a wild beast, which is fun in its own right, but I found it difficult to gig with. The Rubberneck, in comparison, is...
  18. zastruga

I got mine in last week too! Initial impressions are good, it's effectively what the Supa Puss should have been. Not sure I have a lot to add, everyone else has described it as well as I could. It's a solid pedal, with an extremely usable range and a very musical base sound. The only real...
  19. zastruga

Motu 16A - anyone using it with a PC?

One more thought... the beauty of the Motu routing is that it stays in the unit unless you specifically route it to and from computer. Meaning, you can route all 24 outs to different monitors/hardware/whatever and none of them will ever go across the USB (unless you want them to). For example...
  20. zastruga

My current setup is: INS Audient ASP880 -> ADAT x 8 -> Motu Focusrite OctoPre MKII -> ADAT x 8 -> Motu A handful of DIs (for reamping or whatever) -> Analog -> Motu OUTS Motu -> Analog Out x10 -> Presonus HP60 Headphone Amp (With Motu routed for 5 dedicated headphone mixes) Mains -> Analog Out...
  21. zastruga

I've been using the 16A successfully on Win7 with USB2 for nearly two years. If I had the scratch, I'd buy another! It's a great interface, extremely powerful (especially for a home setup where outboard routing options are limited). I record 15-16 tracks regularly, with basically all 16 outs...
  22. zastruga

What to replace <insert big multi-fx unit of your choice>?

I see a lot of threads about people moving toward the big jack-of-all-trades do-everything multi-fx units, but there aren't many about going the other direction. As someone who's never jived with big complicated pedals full of menus, sub-menus, sub-sub-menus and suspiciously named knobs like...
  23. zastruga

I spoke with Prymaxe and my order did indeed get lost in the shuffle. Should be shipped out today!
  24. zastruga

Butts. Guess they're just going in random order. (I did order some other stuff with it, so hopefully it's not just lost in the system)
  25. zastruga

Alas, no email for me yet. When did you guys order? I ordered Feb 4.
Top Bottom