• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Steppin' Wolfe

Gibson Falcon Amp

In addition to these amps being rather clean machines in stock form, a Fender single coil simply does not push an amp circuit in the manner that a P90 or a big humbucker will push an amp. That is why all Fender players have a boost/overdrive pedal in between the guitar and the amp. Also, these...
  2. Steppin' Wolfe

Dating Vintage Fender Amp: Chassis Stamp The Final Word?

One gets a feel for the date ranges. The ink stamped dates on the chassis take precedent, imho. All dates, including the stamped chassis serial number, should precede the ink stamps. The tube chart date stamp should be very close to the ink-stamped chassis date/s, but the tube chart date stamp...
  3. Steppin' Wolfe

WTB Seymour Duncan "The JB Model"

https://reverb.com/item/45152339-seymour-duncan-sh-4-jb-model-humbucker
  4. Steppin' Wolfe

VHT Pittbull 45 in distress

It might do well for the tech to take part in the process so that the tech could pinpoint what wire and what voltage was in question. It would be of interest to see a complete voltage chart. Pics of the circuit would be of interest.
  5. Steppin' Wolfe

Regarding that speaker in @HotBluePlate’s erstwhile DR. Ime, an OEM brown and gold Jensen for Fender would have a label with the Fender logo instead of the Jensen logo. Here is an example from Nov, 1966. The Fender inventory number was stamped about a week later. The intermediate size Bassman...
  6. Steppin' Wolfe

Running 2 cabs with a Bogner Atma?

I rode both of them today.
  7. Steppin' Wolfe

Bikerdude, here are my bikes….
  8. Steppin' Wolfe

Yeah, you could install a daisy chain Jack in one of the cabs,…..just parallel it to the existing Jack and run a cable from that to the second cab. Bogner should have this daisy chain Jack as a stock thing, imho. It is very handy for running multiple cabs.
  9. Steppin' Wolfe

Imho, you have a cab from 1965…February. The chassis was completed in 1967. If this amp were presented to me, I would have to conclude that it is a ‘parts amp’. I have never seen a tube chart in an all-original Fender amp that disagreed with the latest date in the chassis or on the components...
  10. Steppin' Wolfe

An Interesting Find, Old RCA Tube Kit

That 12AZ7 is usable. It has a high cathode to heater voltage rating and works well in a cathode driver circuit.
  11. Steppin' Wolfe

There are three speaker outputs there…16,8, 4 ohm opti9ns. Choose the appropriate impedance for the two cabs in parallel…. 2x16 =8 ohms….2 x 8 = 4 ohms.
  12. Steppin' Wolfe

Amp on a budget - Fender

Best to you, elationalways. Hey, if you can afford and want another amp, get one to use while the TR is done. If you can afford it, find a BF/SF Vibrolux Reverb that is in proper condition. That way you will always have another amp that sounds like the other amp when played clean. The...
  13. Steppin' Wolfe

Amp on a budget - Fender

If one uses pedals for the overdrive/distortion and therefore one might like a clean amp. You like the TR. Imho, a good TR does rich low volume clean as well as it does loud and clean. Push the tone controls at low volumes…voila! Great low volume clean. Since you like the TR, I assume that you...
  14. Steppin' Wolfe

Marshall Suddenly Became Bassy and Boomy

Fwiw, I am not assuming anything. Ime, however, knowing the status of electrolytics is the basis for everything that goes 9n. Since this amp is almost 50 years old, the electrolytics are a definite area of interest…again, ime. Other than that, there are not very many components in such an...
  15. Steppin' Wolfe

Marshall Suddenly Became Bassy and Boomy

I have to ask the basic question…..has this amp had the electrolytic caps replaced at any point???
  16. Steppin' Wolfe

Requesting help for a guy on Weber's site

Yes, the Vibrolux was another amp that underwent that process. Many people think that IF Fender had maintained the 1x12 format for the Vibrolux Reverb that it would be one of the more desirable Bf/SF reverb amps.
  17. Steppin' Wolfe

Completely Stupid Amp Purchase - Fender Quad Reverb

Well, I am tall enough to utilize that handle. That doesn’t mean I would, though. LOl….
  18. Steppin' Wolfe

Slight tangent…. Inhave always thought that Leo and Co. erred when they named the AA763 BF 1x15 reverb amp the ‘VibroVerb’. 8mho, it should have been the Pro Reverb. The non-reverb version of this amp was still called the Pro. From 1965 forward, the only 1x15 amp Fender produced was the...
  19. Steppin' Wolfe

Tube experts - help with identifying tubes from ‘77 Quad Reverb

Matt, take notice of the arrangement of dots on those 12AX7s? Those dots are a date code for GE tubes. The two columns to the left of the center column indicate the week of the year while the two columns to the right of that center column indicate the year. The light reflection in the picture...
  20. Steppin' Wolfe

Pro amps were always 1x15 amps from the introduction in the late 1940s until the end of production at the end of 1964. The Pro Reverb was introduced in January 1965 with 2 x. 12s. Imho, the fellow on the .WEber forum needs a tech.
  21. Steppin' Wolfe

Completely Stupid Amp Purchase - Fender Quad Reverb

I have a 12” Rola that I have housed in a ‘school house’ wall hanger …..killer!!! I run little 5 watter heads through it, and people look around wondering where the speaker is!?!?!? Lol This Rola was dead when I got it, but I had it reconed out of curiosity…great speaker, imho. Efficient with...
  22. Steppin' Wolfe

Denver amp tech recommendations?

https://www.facebook.com/missionamps/
  23. Steppin' Wolfe

FENDER PROTOTYPE SPEAKER CAB/BAFFLES?

That is probably a Bandmaster cab. The Blonde Bandmaster head is 1 1/2” wider than a blonde Bassman and 2” narrower than a Showman.
  24. Steppin' Wolfe

FENDER PROTOTYPE SPEAKER CAB/BAFFLES?

I have heard that there were tone ring cabs produced as late as 1963 when the BF cosmetics were introduced, but I have never seen such in person. I suppose that some of the single 15” Showman amps used the tone ring cab that late???
Top Bottom