• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. S

Seeking communication from Tommy at Electric Majik

That color is stunning isn't it? After all this wait I'm most disappointed that I didn't get my deep shiny metallic purple pedal :mad: I'll do my best to get some sound clips up after the product rush wears off (as if there were any at this point) and I have the time to really dig into it...
  2. S

Got my JFET overdrive on Saturday, played it in rehearsal on Sunday but didn't have the chance to play with it before hand so I was going on the fly but it was still sounding great. The only problem other than it being 10 weeks late was the fact that I ordered it in Plum Crazy and it arrived in...
  3. S

Heads up everyone, my JFET overdrive now has an in-transit status as of a few minutes ago. I'll let you all know how it goes, still no word from Tommy but at least it's a development in the story (for me). Hopefully we hear form him soon and get the mud cleared up to help us all rest a bit...
  4. S

He does apparently have the time to post holiday sales though, I bought mine on a memorial day sale, and noticed he posted a 4th of July sale too. It sucks he is willing to post that but nothing regarding the delay in shipment that is guaranteed at this point.
  5. S

I've been waiting 9 weeks for my JFET overdrive, just got tracking info a week ago and it only says "pre-shipment" every time I check. I've always been attracted to his product line and now my first purchase experience has been a nightmare, absolutely zero communication on his part the whole...
  6. S

What Is The Best 10ft - 20ft Guitar Cable Under $30.00

learn to solder :) buy bulk mogami cable and switchcraft connectors, heat shrink tubing is cheap at any hardware store too. you can make and fix your own cables forever for a little more cash upfront. Tube Depot sells a variable soldering iron for like $20 which is a good deal and tons of DIY...
  7. S

Best pickups for slide with an SG?

Speaking of serious hardware, many people dont seem to acknowledge that they save a lot of money by using bridges and tailpieces that cost $0.20...
  8. S

Best pickups for slide with an SG?

I feel like a proper amp is more important than the exact same kind of pickups Trucks uses
  9. S

Linear or Audio Taper?

I am building a fuzz pedal and a phase shifter pedal for my final project in analog circuits, what type of pot do I want for 'attack' and 'level' for a tonebender style fuzz, and what do I want for 'depth' and 'rate' for a phase shifter. I am a noob with building these things and I don't have...
  10. S

What effect is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLid-0cUcI This is such a great tune, if you havent heard it I suggest you listen to the whole thing! Well, the entire album as a matter of fact. There are few better rock and roll players out there. Back to the point, at 4:20 the song breaks down a bit...
  11. S

Lumpy's Lemon Drop owners please chime in!

http://www.lumpystoneshop.com/apps/webstore/ He has recently done a couple Class A Overdrives with the RangeMaster, and a couple Lemon Drops with a top boost. Why look for a proper boost before the Lemon Drop when he already made it for you! All this talk is only making me more excited...
  12. S

Thanks for the advice! Its good to know the Beatles clip was a tele, it doesnt sound at all too bright. As with the stacking, the pedal board comment was a bit of a joke :) Humbuckers, P90s, singles alike, im glad to know people like the way it sounds.
  13. S

I have been eyeing this guys stuff for a while, I was going to order a Tone Bender clone a few months ago but a speeding ticket drained all my funds for that. Damn. I love what I am hearing from the Lemon Drop and will probably end up getting one soon, but I feel like everyone uses it with...
  14. S

Lumpy's Tone Shop opinions

I am considering ordering a Tone Bender MKII clone from Tommy and I am curious as to what people who have played them or own them think. I have heard some of his stuff on youtube, the '73 boost, jelly roll etc. If you have a tone bender clone made by him let me know what you think. His stuff...
Top Bottom