• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. gitapik

Universal Audio OX Amp Top Box

Like a previous poster; I use a 50w clean amp and rely on pedals for OD/distortion. Haven’t tried the OX with a high gain or overdriven amp. For my purposes, the OX works well as an attenuator so long as I readjust the amp/pedal settings. Same as quoted. Def would love a more detailed dial in...
  2. gitapik

Official Quad Cortex Owners Discussions

I’m still waiting on my delivery from SW. I’m wondering how well the captured drives stack and whether I’m better off capturing the stacks.
  3. gitapik

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply. And for keeping it clean. I do hear you and get where you’re coming from. The idea that the full modeling community is eyes on a new unit that’s getting a lot of hype makes sense. I get a little incensed by the snarky comments. Anyone who’s...
  4. gitapik

I’m seeing all of this, as well. Reminds me of a gang from a rival town crashing a high school dance. “Hey, it’s a free country. Just checking out your little pumpkin patches”. And I find it patronizing when I hear (both here and on YouTube) people saying that it’s a nice little toy for a...
  5. gitapik

Cool. Thanks
  6. gitapik

Thanks for the rec but another huge plus on my end is the ability to capture both pedals and amps. With accuracy. I know the Stomp is a great device with a world of great sounds. I was considering it before I got wind of the QC. I’ve spent decades creating a sound with my pedals. The idea of...
  7. gitapik

My knowledge in the area of electricity is limited, as well. I checked out the Neural website and read through this: https://cortex-support.neuraldsp.com/help/resolving-noise-problems I'd imagine others have read it, as well... One thing that comes to my mind is that some locations...
  8. gitapik

I’m planning on bringing the QC with me when I travel. Big part of the draw. QC To IPad with headphones. Writing and recording. I’m supposed to get mine mid to end June. Hoping the noise isn’t an issue. Will that mod to the plug solve the noise issue?
  9. gitapik

Has anyone tried a capture of a Timmy or similar OD in a low gain setting?
  10. gitapik

Well, hot DAMN!! Those are some exceedingly fine sounds and playing. Hits a lot of my bases. VERY happy you posted this, Spikey. Thanks!
  11. gitapik

My tech highly recommended the Ciocks DC7 when I brought up the QC.
  12. gitapik

Axe FX 3 vs QC talk me off the ledge.

I was wondering about how the QC would sound through my Port City Pearl 50w head. Daniel (Klein...the builder) said the HX Stomp sounds great. My main use will be recording both at home and when I travel...but it would be nice to plug into my clean machine Pearl, too. Being told it’s a mid...
  13. gitapik

Didn’t know that was Guthrie’s thing. Wonderful player. Headstock parameters are fairly easy to navigate. Buzz from the fingerboard area are a whole different ballgame.
  14. gitapik

Well...that Major 3rd is your choice, ya know. Buck the trend, matey! Tune to perfect 4ths: (Disclaimer: I don’t. But who knows what might happen, down that rugged road)
  15. gitapik

Aka: sounds great? Awesome
  16. gitapik

Good question. Mine was about accuracy of single pedal captures, but my Maxon SD-9 paired with a mid OD setting on my KoT is killer. It would be good to know how best to capture that sound.
  17. gitapik

I’m very into my pedalboards. Any thoughts on the pedal captures you’ve done?
  18. gitapik

I use a smaller version of one of these for carrying spare power and preamp tubes. Glad to see it’s an option. Thanks.
  19. gitapik

Yes: sometimes it’s best to work with the adjustment that’s necessary according to perspective.
  20. gitapik

Thanks. In my QC folder. Much appreciated.
  21. gitapik

Universal Audio OX Amp Top Box

I often turn the effects off. I like to use my own effects and they translate well through the OX. It would be nice to have more of what UA has to offer, but accurately recreating the sounds I’m used to from my pedalboards was a big part of what drew me towards the OX, in the first place...
  22. gitapik

I’m considering capturing my order next time I’m there. Hopefully the clerk will comply.
  23. gitapik

Hi Jon. Thanks for the video. Not sure it’s relevant, but Pete suggests an isolation transformer for eliminating the noise. Mentions if at 4:30:
  24. gitapik

Lol...I edited the reply which you quoted because I was feeling stupid. Much appreciated, Elric.
  25. gitapik

Cool. Thanks!
Top Bottom