• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. M

Valvetrain Concord

I recently got a Vox AC4TV 1x10 and for $200 I must say it's a pretty decent sounding little amp and sounds pretty good with my Riot and Timmy pedals. My only complaint would be the lack of bottom end, which is to be expecting due to the size. I started looking around at other amps in the same...
  2. M

Roland Jazz Chorus With Pedals

I currently have a Blues Jr and am using pedals for gain and am finding it a little small sounding. I have been keeping an eye out for something a little bigger in the same price range I came across a pretty decent deal on a used Roland JC-77, the 2x10 version. I have been reading up on it and...
  3. M

The Cleanness vs RC Booster

I have an opportunity to purchased a used The Cleanness pedal and there aren't that many reviews or clips out there on it Basically I have an amp with one tone knob and am looking for a pedal to leave on all the time and do some minor tweaking on the tone. I have tried a Boss and MXR EQ but...
  4. M

Advice On Spicing Up A Valve Jr

I recently got a modded Valve Jr Head and I am running it into a Traynor 1x12 with a V30. The head had the transformers replaced and has a tone knob and it sounds much better than the stock ones, but I still find it lacking a bit, especially with the bottom end. I've been looking into some...
  5. M

Looking For A Subtle Chorus Pedal

I currently have a Valve Jr head that has been modded with a tone knob and have been looking around at chorus pedals to add a little thinkness and sparkle to the clean tone. I'm looking for something that can really dial in a subtle chorus effect I tried a Boss CH-1, CE-5 and Danelectro Cool...
  6. M

VOX AC4TV With Pedals

I have a Vox Pathfinder right now and I like the clean tone, but due to the small speaker I find my gain pedals don't sound that great I was looking into getting a Valve Jr cab for the pathfinder, but then started looking into the AC4TV 1X10 combo and all the demos sound pretty good. I pretty...
  7. M

Speaker For Vox Night Train

I have a Vox Night Train on order and I am trying to decide between two cabinets. I work for a Traynor dealer so I can get an extension cab at a really great price and ones I have tried seem like a great value for the money My two choices are the Dark Horse 1x12 cab that is loaded with a...
  8. M

Adding Depth To Your Clean Tone

I'm just waiting on a silverface Champ I got off of ebay to arrive and I plan on using it as my clean amp at home. I have a Mesa DC-2 combo I will be using for my gain. I have a Ibanez DE7 I plan on leaving on all the time with it on a low subtle setting just to add a bit more dimension to the...
  9. M

Fender Champ or Garnet Banshee

I'm looking to get a second small combo to run as my clean amp with a touch of delay, I mostly play at home so I don't need anything super loud. I currently have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 combo and love the gain on it but find it kinda dark on the cleans so I'm looking for something that will compliment...
  10. M

Decent Cheap Delay

Well I've gotten rid of all my effects pedals and have decided to just go with two amps. I have a Mesa DC-2 for my crunch and a Vox AC4TV for my clean. I am looking for something to give the Vox a little extra something in the tone and was thinking a touch of delay or reverb would be nice...
  11. M

Vox AC4TV or Tech 21 Liverpool

I currently have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 combo and the clean channel on it is pretty good and the higher gain crunch is excellent, but it's not that great for getting a lower gain tone. I was thinking of getting a smaller amp to fill in the void and a AB pedal to switch between them. I tried a Super...
  12. M

A Good Combo Amp For Dirt Pedals

I currently have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 25watt combo and the distortion channel is great on it, but you really have to turn it up to get the most out of it. Since I live in an apartment I have decided to get a couple dirt pedals so I can still get a decent distortion at lower volumes. I have an OCD...
  13. M

Need A Little Help Choosing A Distortion

Well I've checked all the clips and read all the reviews, but I am still trying to make a final decision on a distortion pedal. I have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 combo, and have a DLS on it's way. I plan to use the DLS for a more classic rock/overdrive Marshall sound, but I still need something for a...
  14. M

Looking For A Tight Bottom End

Funny, I just made a post on Craigslist with the same subject line :) I currently have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 Combo and at high volumes the distortion is great. The problem is I live in an apartment so I have to leave it fairly low so it still has a nice chunk, but it can get kinda loose and fuzzy...
  15. M

Best Way To Beef Up My Amp

Well I have been checking out reviews and Youtube clips for the past couple weeks and was hoping I could get some help narrowing down my next pedal purchase. I currently have a Mesa DC-2 1x12 combo and I'm pretty happy with the high gain channel (the contour one) on the amp but the low gain...
Top Bottom