• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. F

Camera Inside w/ Amazing Effect

Super cool!
  2. F

Fender Musicmaster Bass amp hummin

Had some wire and time today. And I think we're done. That super long lead from the volume pot around the board over to the preamp tube seems to have done the trick. And as a bonus, after I installed a fuse, it got even a little quieter. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll take it...
  3. F

Eminence RW&B....not a fan

Really like mine. Good cleans and great with pedals. Have it paired up with a swamp thang powered by a music man rd112. Will probably be replacing the swamp thang with another rwb's soon.
  4. F

Most Distortion-y Big Muff Clone?

Boss HM-2 is a pretty muffy distortion. That might cross over into distortion-y muff.
  5. F

I can't find a guild m-20 or martin 00-15m anywhere in the Philly area. Help?

Went by this afternoon and didn't see anything.
  6. F

lol, the death cap is gone. I snipped that sucker literally seconds after taking the above photos. Fuse holder and 1amp slo-blo are on the way along with a few lengths of wire. Rerouted the transformer wires today. Also slightly rerouted the wire that went from the preamp tube to the...
  7. F

I can't find a guild m-20 or martin 00-15m anywhere in the Philly area. Help?

I live near DiPinto's. Will let you know if I see anything in there.
  8. F

I pulled the tubes when I first noticed the buzz. Went quiet when I pulled the preamp tube. Tried a couple other tubes in the preamp slot and still had the problem, so then I pulled the chassis and started chopstickin. Don't have another set of 6v6's right now to test, but I wasn't sure if...
  9. F

Thank ya, xtian. Volume pot wires and transformer wires are now about as far apart as they can be. Still hummin, so I may give the shielded wire thing a whirl. Wondering if I shouldn't reroute the transformer wires to come in from the rear side of the tag board. Question... Anything...
  10. F

Just received a 6v6 version Musicmaster Bass Amp. The amp has a very loud 60hz hum. Loud enough that I call it more of a buzz than a hum. The amp has had a recent recap along with a tone stack mod. Pulled the chassis to investigate the hum hoping to see something obvious. All looked clean...
  11. F

New Built to Spill - April

Good news! :love: Looks like the west siders get some tour dates too.
  12. F

Using a Y cable to split a signal

If both will be on at the same time, I'd think you could compensate for any degradation by just adjusting the volume on the amp and monitor. If not, a buffer in line should do it.
  13. F

SM 57 screen cap

Don't know why Shure made them loose, but its better to have a loose one than one that sticks... not loose is one of the warning signs that you have one of the many counterfeits out there. This link may help you with the taking apart... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVzXAgOFYw
  14. F

Foxx Tone Machine or French Toast ...without octave

Looper pedal for me too. OD fed by the French Toast as well. The pedal seems to play well with others, either before or after in the chain... as long as the gain isn't up too high. I have one on the workbench of a local pedal builder waiting for a rehouse. Had some interest in the La...
  15. F

Foxx Tone Machine or French Toast ...without octave

If there was no octave switch on a Foxx Tone Machine, along what lines of fuzz would the circuit be comparable to? Asking as I'm a fan of the little Danelectro French Toast pedal, but I never use the octave switch, and I always keep the gain way down or off. Can't seem to get any other...
  16. F

What to stack with a RAT?

Tube screamers and muffs are both popular pairings. I've always preferred Rats at the front of the stack. 2nd in line seems to take some bass away.
  17. F

Audient id22 vs RME Babyface

Have you looked into the SPL Crimson or the Apollo Twin? I'm on a similar quest and these seem to get grouped in with the ID22 and Babyface. I have an older mac that doesn't have thunderbolt. Were I to have a newer mac with the thunderbolt, I think I'd opt for the Apollo Twin. Not based on...
  18. F

My Fender Concert Amp story

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.
  19. F

Best rock album of the 90s???

Could probably choose one from this list... http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/5923-top-100-albums-of-the-1990s/1/
  20. F

St Vincent. I Dig a Pony video

First thing I thought when seeing that clip. Not a fan of everything I've seen and heard by her, but have been quite impressed by most of it.
  21. F

Stoner rock, Sabbath, Ginger Baker

Lol. Didn't even occur to me, but that totally makes sense.
  22. F

Those guys were great too! Great bill indeed.
  23. F

Just read an interview where the drummer mentions something about Black Sabbath influences or comparisons not making sense to him. Was surprised to read that as I sure hear it.
  24. F

If you like any of the above, I recommend going to see Kadavar if they come through or near your town. They crushed it here last night in Philly. After you go, don't even try to tell me that the drummer doesn't remind you of Ginger Baker. L2SdzgPj3_o
  25. F

Radial big shot ABY = not the greatest

What do you mean by "different random glitches?" Other than the above mentioned glitches, I would guess the Big Shot is doing its job, but its not the tool you thought you needed. Have you tried putting a buffer in front of the pedal?
Top Bottom