• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. mysterious1s

12 vs. 14 frets

I LOVE my Martin 12 fret especially with the split headstock. Just magical.
  2. mysterious1s

Large Gibson Acoustics or Martin Dreadnought??

Dont rule out a Martin M-36, fantastic guitar! More comfortable to play than a dreadnaught and with quite a bit of volume and a beautiful tone. Works perfect for strumming as well as finger picking IMO.
  3. mysterious1s

Large Gibson Acoustics or Martin Dreadnought??

This is what I have found with Gibson J-45s as well.
  4. mysterious1s

Best store to get a Gibson Acoustic ?

With my Martins I was able to get approx 20-25% off of MAP or about 30-40% of List. I would like to add a J-45 to the stable and figured the pricing structure would be about the same. None of the dealers that I have dealt with for my Martins carry Gibson and the only dealers within an hour...
  5. mysterious1s

Best store to get a Gibson Acoustic ?

Hey All, what is the best store to call for the best possible price on a Gibson acoustic guitar.
  6. mysterious1s

Looking for an acoustic with dry tone

Agreed. They sound and play great!
  7. mysterious1s

Holy NGD!!!

Gorgeous!! Love that burst!
  8. mysterious1s

How the F wasn't Saraya bigger than they were?

I had never even heard of them until someone called into Eddie Trunks show asking about them.
  9. mysterious1s

Looking for my next acoustic

Really nice guitar for the money. I played one the other day and loved it. I much prefered the non cutaway version over the cutaway version for tone.
  10. mysterious1s

Looking for my next acoustic

Great guitar, I personally own one but wont find one in the $1000 range.
  11. mysterious1s

NGD: My first Martin! (2019 000-15SM)

It was not yours, I am on the south shore.
  12. mysterious1s

NGD: My first Martin! (2019 000-15SM)

That's a fantastic guitar! I was SO close to purchasing one last week but ultimately went with the M-36. I loved the sound, playability and feel of that guitar so much I almost purchased both to have the different sounds. Seemed like the slotted headstock really contributed to the tone but I...
  13. mysterious1s

What's Wrong With Elixirs?

Agreed!!
  14. mysterious1s

Is THIS the best guitar solo ever?

One of my favs. I was going to post this.
  15. mysterious1s

Taylor 414 CE - Body Crack - HELP

I just picked it up yesterday after the repair. It was $40 and looks great. It turns out that I was misled when I bought it. It had a previous crack repair that was not disclosed to me that opened up this past winter. It will be humidified at all times moving forward so that it does not reopen.
  16. mysterious1s

Bill Nash Headstock

I was just noticing that Nash still uses what looks to be the Fender headstock shape. Why is it that he can still use this while others were forced to use a different headstock, with a hitch for example?
  17. mysterious1s

Sold USACG/Warmoth Goldtop Tele Deluxe

Gorgeous fret board!
  18. mysterious1s

Good Luthier/Repair Shop in MA/RI

He is on the south shore in Fairhaven. Good dude! Look him up online, he has a website and facebook page.
  19. mysterious1s

Dropped it off at Matt's this morning. Thanks man!
  20. mysterious1s

Awesome, thanks man! I got a recommendation for him from a friend today as well and already left him a message. Plus he is only about 15 minutes away from me.
  21. mysterious1s

Thanks man! I found him on the web and he is currently on my list.
  22. mysterious1s

Suhr vs. Nash

I've got a Classic Antique w/ roasted maple neck as well and it is killer!
  23. mysterious1s

Suhr vs. Nash

I've owned both and would highly recommend Suhr. Meticulous attention to detail. I currently own 3 and LOVE them. The Nashes were cool but Suhr is on another level as others have mentioned. Good luck with purchase man.
Top Bottom