• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Rayzaa

Why so much animosity for PRS players, or for anyone that has a guitar with a nice top?

My best is my inexpensive guitars. 1K is my limit to spend on them and i've spent well below that and ive modded them myself to my liking if they needed it. PRS are awesome guitars. I don't own one but if i did buy one id get the newer SE line as they are very good now. If someone want's to...
  2. Rayzaa

What PRS model sounds maybe similar to a Great Les Paul (R9] humbuckers

Sure, if you buy a PRS and put LP pickups in it.
  3. Rayzaa

Good rosewood vs bad rosewood?

The rosewood on my strat is a little darker than on my SG. I like it darker but they are both nice smooth woods. I thought they werent allowing rosewood anymore?
  4. Rayzaa

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

I really like PRS guitars but wouldnt buy the expensive ones. Hec i think the 24/08 SE is a fine guitar for $900. You can get a preowned SE Custom for $650 on Daves Guitars. If i get to the point that i want to buy a PRS, ill wait til Daves guitars has some preowned 24/08's and get it cheaper...
  5. Rayzaa

Warmth Special Run

None of them do much for me looks wise.
  6. Rayzaa

Big Price Hike on Gibson Les Pauls

Everything is going up. I have an SG and not interested in a Les Paul so I'm good
  7. Rayzaa

Guitars with Poly finishes, do you like them?

For sound the finish is never a factor for me. I just like poly finishes better for looks. Not sure what you want to hear. An urge is an urge and only time will cure that. It will either pass or not but of you sold your other two Nitros, not sure why you want another.
  8. Rayzaa

How to reconcile balancing an expensive guitarist hobby with life, bills and responsibility?

I did say maybe not where you live and perhaps a move might be best. Idk.
  9. Rayzaa

How to reconcile balancing an expensive guitarist hobby with life, bills and responsibility?

Calling BS on this too. Are you kidding me? Millenials dont want to work. They want to be Youtube, TikTok or Instagram stars, work from home and get paid to sit home from governmant padded unemployment. All what you typed for Old people imo is ridiculous. There are new housing builds going on...
  10. Rayzaa

This is a lot horse ****. Depends on what you do. There are many jobs/trades where the turnover is alot and many circumstances to it. Who are you to say?
  11. Rayzaa

Everybody is different. I don't know how many guitars you have. I don't need a boatload of guitars. I have 4. That's more than enough for me.....most expensive one was $530 as I got deals on all of them imo. I don't buy expensive gear that I consider expensive. It's a hobby, not am income...
  12. Rayzaa

What brand of strings do you use? And why?

D'arrdario or Ernie Ball. It's just what I grab so I been using both. No preference and wouldn't mind trying others but those two are cheap enough.
  13. Rayzaa

What is the perfect Tele style guitar for you

Don't have a Tele, not able to find one to bond with.
  14. Rayzaa

Four “Must Have” Guitars?

I only have 4. SG Strat 2 acoustics,... but I'd probably trade one of the acoustics for a Reverend Double Agent or a Yamaha 611
  15. Rayzaa

Okay, maybe music is dead.

Well, we could. I'm not a fan of his music. And certainly lil Nas song imo isn't that great to be a diamond but that's me.
  16. Rayzaa

What is the least expensive guitar you own?

All my guitars were cheaper than $599 lol. My Strat I paid $530 , but I did upgrade the pickups to SSL-1s and sold my others so that brings that total to $620. My faded brown SG I paid $509. Got a great deal on that. Paid $400 for my Takamine 2006 LTD edition acoustic electric at a pawn shop...
  17. Rayzaa

Why so much animosity for PRS players, or for anyone that has a guitar with a nice top?

I think PRS are great and don't care who don't like them.
  18. Rayzaa

St. Vincent on SNL April 4, 2021 - Pay Your Way to Pain.

I saw the show. Talented yes but i dont like her music at all.
  19. Rayzaa

Stickers on Guitars??

Not a one on any of my guitars or cases. I'm real picky about things like that so if I found the right one for me, I might but doubt it.
  20. Rayzaa

How has your taste changed over the last 10 years?

Still don't like sunburst guitars. Taste hasn't changed much.
  21. Rayzaa

Working on moving some gear... discovered a new pet peeve! Whats yours?

These people don't know you/us so to me it's just an expression and it isn't even in person so I don't get irritated. I'd imagine women wouldn't like being called "Dude" lol. I have said that to my Wife before though.
  22. Rayzaa

Do you wash your hands before you play guitar?

Maybe if i just ate something with my hands but otherwise, no.
  23. Rayzaa

Does gigging when you're old even make sense?

Bob Hope is a celebrity who people want to see. So is old ass Cher who has some hit songs. I don't think those are good comparisons. However, Fun has no age limit and at any age if you have a good band people will want to hear it. I'm old as well (58) and would rather hear a live band any day...
  24. Rayzaa

Do you adjust your truss rod yourself?

I do but I use tools nearly everyday in my job. Adjusting/ intonating your own guitar is merely watching or reading how it's done. It isn't rocket science.
  25. Rayzaa

No case is that the new trend?

My Strat didn't come in a case or a bag. I bought a Gator hardcase from Sweetwater. The guitar was from Willcut guitars for $530 My SG came in a real nice gig bag and cost a little less than the Strat at $509. Both pictured in avatar.
Top Bottom