• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Billy Idle

Which of these Lovepedals can be fed @18 volts ?

Bonetender mk1 Kalamazoo silver Les Lius gold Vibronaut echophonicv2 thanks !
  2. Billy Idle

400-buck dilemma...

Hi guys, In doubt wether I'm going for 2 pedals for 400€ or a super mint used Pawn-Shop Mustang Japan, candy-apple red. I have to make a decision today. Guess I'm leaning towards the second option. I already have 25 pedals... and 5 USA std electric guitars. First-world problem of course. But...
  3. Billy Idle

Need feedback on Mr. Black's Gilamondo

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this phaser for a while but I didn't find relevant feedback and report about this pedal. Who has used one for a significant time, I mean past honeymoon ? I use modulation (swirling effects) before dirt. Does anyone use this phaser this way ? Did you perceive any...
  4. Billy Idle

Those Pedals You Never Use But Just Can't Sell...

Hey guys, list them all and tell us why ! For my part : - Mr. Black Tunnelworm : I sincerely have no use for it but I love it because it's kind of unique. Someone offered 120€ for mine. I said no. Dunno why. - Lovepedal Les Lius : I don't like it w/ my new Les Paul. But I know I have to...
  5. Billy Idle

I swear will never order any US pedal from France anymore

Got stolen in the mail. French postals are being dishonest. This is the 5th pedal that never showed up and for which I have no solution. My prejudice is about 1 000€ for the last two years. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANY PEDAL. PERIOD. 4 times I just sat w/ resignation. This time I have asked for refund...
  6. Billy Idle

What Jordan Bosstone alternative ?

I mean for those Janis Joplin and Cheap Trick tones ? Guess it should be germanium. Or not. Lurking (as usual) on Basic Audio stuff.. (I already have a Sacarab Dlx, Pale Rider, AD and throbby). Looking for a wooly low end triggering on a Peavey Classic 50 head w/ Les Pauls and SGs... What's you...
  7. Billy Idle

Mortal Combo : your favorite Fuzz/Delays pairs

Currently love my Echorec w/ all my fuzzes but especially love it w/ my Scarab Deluxe. I'm also digging this combo : Echophonic V2 + Alter Destiny. What's yours ? Do you prefer analog, tape or digital for certain kinds of fuzz boxes ? Lay out your "Finish Him!" combos !
  8. Billy Idle

What's going on w/ Basic Audio Paypal ?

Hey guys, it seems that something is going wrong with Basic Audio's site. It has been unable to receive payments for many days. Been trying for 10 days to score a Mutant Fuzz and the same message reads : this seller cannot receive payments anymore.. So what's up then ? :huh
  9. Billy Idle

Empress Tape Delay current draw

Builder says 280mA at 9 volts. But they don"t specify how many mA it will draw at 18 volts. 560 or 280 ?
  10. Billy Idle

Your EQ Pedal That's Not an EQ Pedal...

I started a thread a few months ago, talkin' about delay pedals you might have prefered to reverb.. I've been using a Lovepedal Echophonic Custom V2's preamp as an always-on tone-shaper for months. And all I'm saying is that once again, I prefer this stompox to every other EQ or Boost pedals I...
  11. Billy Idle

So I scored a BA Alter Destiny at Prymaxe's but...

But I haven't had any news from them since. No email confirming my purchase (I have a paypal transaction number which proves the payment has been effective, though), no tracking number... I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. :confused:
  12. Billy Idle

Good fuzz boxes for a Les Paul

Lay out your choices, whether they be for a Tone Bender, a FF or a BM-style device. Fuzzes for humbuggies. I have a LP trad 2014 w/ 59 tibute HB. And play on a Classic 50 head in a Orange PPC 421 closed back cab.. Merry the he who suggests appropriate gear !
  13. Billy Idle

One type of effect, one brand ?

Looking at my pedal collection, I think turned a one-track minded geek. Especially when it comes to dirt : I go either Lovepedal or JHS. For delays, I mainly go Catalinbread and Wampler. Mod my tone ? I go Xotic. Do some of you share this pattern ? One type of effect, one brand... Bi-polar...
  14. Billy Idle

Just one question about mA...

Hi dudes, I've just bought a Cioks Shizophrenic and I'm wondering if it still provides 100mA for 18v option, or if it just gives 50 mA.. :facepalm
  15. Billy Idle

Anyone knows about JHS pedals current draw ?

Ok, I have a Moonshine, a Superbolt and a Charlie Brown and I would like to know more about the best way to feed them. I have a cioks schizophrenic and don't know whether I shouldr isolate the pump-charged pedals from the others. Which are a CB echorec, A Wampler Faux tape echo, a Micro-Pog, a...
  16. Billy Idle

Who gets reverb from a delay pedal ?

Hey, this is what I do because every reverb pedal I have tried in a band context has had me drowned (my use of tenses may be wrong) into the mix. I have used a Flint, a Wet, a Faux spring and a Topanga. The only one that did not have me sat back in the mix was the Solemate Jr. But it is huge...
  17. Billy Idle

Pedalboards : Less is More !

Ok, I've been downsizing from PT-2 to PT-Jr and for now I'm scaling down to a PT-Mini. I use the latter two PT, depending on my mood. But I have to say it : LESS IS MORE ! - Please, don't stone me, dear TGPers ! Every once in a while, I end up selling 50% of my pedal rig, which generally...
  18. Billy Idle

Maxon PT-999 flies under the radar zone..

Hi guys, Ok it is not a new pedal, but this phaser doesn't seem to get much love round here. I'm actually wondering why because it is a hell of a good simple pedal. Very sweet sounding. Many a guys reproach the pedal with having a volume loss. Which argument I find ungranted for it was meant to...
  19. Billy Idle

Pedals That You Feel Ashamed To Like

I bought a Mooer Ana echo last week, just to give it a try in a band context. This is so unTGP but I'll have to admit that I told myself :"Well, this little thing sounds good for the bucks and for a spare use". But at the same time, I kinda felt upset because it perfectly fits the mood of a song...
  20. Billy Idle

Which cab for a Peavey Classic 50 head ?

I have an old C50 head with a 4x10 tweed cab and would like to buy a new cab, a 2x12. I'm thinking about an Orange PPC212 but I have never heard this C50 head through such a cab. I would just replace the speakers if I trusted the cab enclosure's quality. I know Orange has 13 mm of plywood on...
  21. Billy Idle

Create Your Own Pedal Brand

It can be funny. Or not. It can be sarcastic. Or not. It can be weir. Or just creative. Well-put together. Or just clumsy. Parodic ? Well, maybe.. Whatever idea shall be welcome. Unleash you lastest mind's beast ! Mojo Fingers' new pedal-line : - MILF OD - Granny Fuzz - Bondage Tape Delay -...
  22. Billy Idle

Lovepedal Bone Tender, The ConTender

I just received my pedal last week and felt impatient to try it out at loud volume. And once again, Sean released a one-shot kill. I have loved the Hoof for her mid-range palette. I absolutely love my 1990's Sovtek Big Muff. But this little fella really blew my mind yesterday at the basement. I...
  23. Billy Idle

Strymon Flint's secondary functions...

Ok, so the user's manual reads : hold down both bypass switches to access all secondary functions. This is what I did but I did not perceive any change in the stock settings. I want to increase the output volume on both the trem and the verb. I think I didn't do the thing correctly but befor...
  24. Billy Idle

Pedals that are instruments to themselves

Well you know how some pedals come to be a natural extension of your guitar. When you stom on them you almost could form a new band just for you to use it. List all the gear that make you feel like this. For me, it will be : - Sovtek Big Muff Pi - Micro Pog or Pog - Echorec - Les Lius or HPP...
  25. Billy Idle

Pedals that are hard to sell...

It has been one year since I first tried to sell back my CB Pareidolia and my HBE Germania. Both very good pedals, but nobody seems interested by them. At least in France. I put them in the shop but nobody has even given them a try till now.:anon
Top Bottom